*yawn*

Talk about all art or ask for advice.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta, The Raging Spaniard

gatrosk
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by gatrosk » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:32 am

Haha, I love it when people come here and tell us what we should be doing. lulz.
Fate rarely calls upon us at the moment of our choosing. - Optimus Prime

The Raging Spaniard
Awsome Moderator

Post by The Raging Spaniard » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:08 pm

lol dont worry guys, I appreciate all opinions, gives me something to think about.

This is for an art test, it went pretty well as it looks like I might be getting some contract work out of it:

And they specifically asked for an Okami inspired shark

Xavier Garcia

Concept Artist

Portfolio
Twitter
Tumblr

Fugva
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Fugva » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:51 pm

Cool, I like sharks! Number 1 and 2 were coolest, in my opinion.

gatrosk

Post by gatrosk » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:46 am

Awesome! The last one looks like a tattoo design! Love it. But maybe that's just because I want to get a shark tattoo sometime. :P

Anyway, my favorite is probably the cartoon panel. The shark in the arm chair is just epic. :P

The one criticism that I would have is that the second 'comic style' shark's lower jaw seems too small. But maybe that's just me not reading the perspective correctly. Anyway, love the update. ^_^

monkey

Post by monkey » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:15 pm

heh the sec-last pic is funny.. nice drawings, love the sec and first pic the most^^

rabid panda

Post by rabid panda » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:18 am

jabberjaw digging that one

The Raging Spaniard
Awsome Moderator

Post by The Raging Spaniard » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:02 am

These were all for a recent art test. 4 days worth of work total.

Hi res version here, you probably want to see this one: http://ragingspaniard.com/images/blog/v ... _color.jpg

Xavier Garcia

Concept Artist

Portfolio
Twitter
Tumblr

gatrosk

Post by gatrosk » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:07 pm

Sadly the high res vesion's link is busted. I suppose this version will have to do for now lol.

But holy fackin' detail dude. You can definitely tell how much work you put into this. It looks epic! Best of luck with whatever this was for! And I have absolutely nothing to crit, looks perfect. ^_^

Great work.

The Raging Spaniard
Awsome Moderator

Post by The Raging Spaniard » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:06 pm

Yeah my website has been acting whorish as of late. I'd apologize if it had anything to do with me, lol
Xavier Garcia

Concept Artist

Portfolio
Twitter
Tumblr

gatrosk

Post by gatrosk » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:04 pm

Don't worry, wasn't expecting you to apologize. Just thought I'd give you the heads up if you weren't aware. :P

The Raging Spaniard
Awsome Moderator

Post by The Raging Spaniard » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:53 pm

File is fixed, should be working now.
Xavier Garcia

Concept Artist

Portfolio
Twitter
Tumblr

The Raging Spaniard
Awsome Moderator

Post by The Raging Spaniard » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:00 am

A preview of the upcoming project Westeros update :)

Xavier Garcia

Concept Artist

Portfolio
Twitter
Tumblr

monkey

Post by monkey » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:56 pm

the pic you drew for the art test is really awesome, so detailed :) your last pic, somehow her right arm looks like it s bend outwards.. well im still not experienced enough to know if it s supposed to look like that so, sry if i just talked nonsense..

gatrosk

Post by gatrosk » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:39 am

Lovin' the preview man. The pose is super graceful too. Adds a bunch to the the character's character.

Redundancy is redundant. >.>

The Raging Spaniard
Awsome Moderator

Post by The Raging Spaniard » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:52 pm

Well you know what, this update is gonna be more quality than quantity, so Im just gonna dump the files here as I go.

Heres Ygritte

btw all of you should be reading those books
Xavier Garcia

Concept Artist

Portfolio
Twitter
Tumblr