I'm new and i want some help for good story ideas

Do you have a story for a manga you'd like to share or talk about? Then this is the place to be.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

Peptalk

I'm new and i want some help for good story ideas

Post by Peptalk » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:59 pm

I'm Peptalk and i just want an opinion on a story idea.

here it is:
based on ninjas.... a world made up of nothing but female ninjas. one day a young heir to a successful and noble family wants to become a ninja, but the problem is that the character is male. i need some ideas to help flesh out my story can your guys (and girls) help.... ?
Onee

major banana

Re: I'm new and i want some help for good story ideas

Post by major banana » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:41 pm

You'll have to flesh out a lot. All female ninjas,.. who's cooking? hunting? building? woodcutting? butchering? herding? Not everyone can be a stealth assassin. And even if everyone is a stealth assassin, who are they gonna kill and who gives the orders? Who's gonna see who is who when theyre all shrouded up in ninja robes? Are the members of that noble family all ninjas too? Is there such a thing as noble ninjas? Even if they are, everyone is female, where does the male come from in the first place, shouldn't they be facing extinction? Was this guys dad the last man on earth? This dude woulda been gagged, chained and used for procreation in any sane one-sex world.

Either answer all such questions to a point (like saber marionette) or leave it vague and funny, it doesn't HAVE to be realistic.

Peptalk

Post by Peptalk » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:22 pm

good questions.
well i was thinking this:
the setting would be more of a modern day theme and about 80% of the women are ninjas that take care of the day to day chores. the men of this world are in the position of taking care of the trades and business. they have about the same amount of power and their would be about four major companies, or families (pending???). their is only one law that all four of them have in common and that is there are no men as ninja.
*But there is one boy who has no talents and to prove his worth he wants to become the first male ninja because they are highly respected in his homeland.
* (or) He has always looked up to the ninja women of his homeland but they are becoming fewer and fewer because of a new law. he decides to take one of their places when they are attacked by another company who sees their weakened state.

The reason why has yet to be set in stone for him becoming a ninja....
like i said input is very welcome.
Onee

Lunar_Raven_Drago

Post by Lunar_Raven_Drago » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:10 pm

There was once a time when women ran the household and men did the work, with the real world as it is more men are staying home and caring for the household while the women work. And not to be ignorant but arent' ninja's and assassian's closly related in skill and honor?
Why not have the boy's family be killed by a opposing noble family? And have a young women ninja find the boy and secertly start to train him in the art. She could have a scarred past much like his, creating a bond with him through it. She could see him as herself as a child. You could have the boys reason for being a ninja be revenge. Wanting to kill the people that murdered his family. Of course that is if you want to go into the dark side of the ninjas. You say the boy has no talent. Why not let it be that he never showed a talent before the women started training him. But as the year(s) go by he begins to show some kind of talent. Or even have it when he finally meets up with the murderers during a fight with them he has some sort of talent that reveals itself. Maybe something that gives him an advantage that the women ninjas don't have or haven't seen in centurys. These are just ideas if your dead set on him not having a talent, don't let me change your story. Only you can decide what the story in your heart is. A main story theme you could revolve around if you want, is the four noble families, each controling a differnt industry or even special talent. Each at peace with one another until dark ninjas invade and begin killing people that hold positions of power. The familes would each turn against the other and a war would break out. Each would blame the other thus trying to kill one another. The boy could be the hero trying to restore peace among the noble families.
Sorry if any of this is far from your original design, but either way I hope it sparks some inspiration for you.