Manga "Hijacked"

Do you have a story for a manga you'd like to share or talk about? Then this is the place to be.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

jeriokelive

Manga "Hijacked"

Post by jeriokelive » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:46 am

So, some of you have seen the first couple of pages of my WIP manga: Hijacked. I personally think that I have a good idea going with this, but I am running into trouble with minimizing the pages of the first chapter.

I've gone through my MC introduction, four pages. Then I cut into two pages of one panel action poses, not sequences, and there is a reason for it.

After that, though... I felt it was necessary to give an introduction to the world itself and that looks like it will consume six pages. That is half of the 26 pages that I have been told to shoot for by my cousin. I originally wanted 45 pages. I thought that was a really good number for a debut chapter and would give me enough space to fully introduce the reader to my world and was a numbers thrown out there by "Jump" during one of their contests (if I remember the company correctly...)

As it stands, I will still take the story board as far as it needs to go to get all of my ideas down, but I will be looking for someone to help me cut out the fat. I need an editor. Even if I have to publish myself with a webcomic, I am planning on making this available to the public. Whether or not I make money on it means nothing to me at this time.

jeriokelive

Re: Manga "Hijacked"

Post by jeriokelive » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:26 am

I moved the link to the advertisement thread.

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:18 pm

I took a look at your draft and, although I think some of the dialogue boxes could use better placement to improve flow, for the most part I think you should just run with the project as you have it and see what you can make of it. The biggest thing that you should keep in mind is that people who start making a comic and continue to work at it will improve in both writing and art as they gain experience. Rather than worry about whether your stuff is professional-grade, just make it. You might end up waiting for a long time without anyone showing up to help.

jeriokelive

Post by jeriokelive » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:34 pm

Ceta wrote:I took a look at your draft and, although I think some of the dialogue boxes could use better placement to improve flow, for the most part I think you should just run with the project as you have it and see what you can make of it. The biggest thing that you should keep in mind is that people who start making a comic and continue to work at it will improve in both writing and art as they gain experience. Rather than worry about whether your stuff is professional-grade, just make it. You might end up waiting for a long time without anyone showing up to help.
So just keep on writing and worry about the art later for now? (I can always work on the art when I feel like it too... since i'm using manga studio, right?)

Oh, can you tell me where I can adjust the dialogue bubbles? I'd like to see what you're talking about so I learn from it. Thanks!