Mystery Manga Short Adventure Thing needing ideas

Do you have a story for a manga you'd like to share or talk about? Then this is the place to be.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

Dcat

Mystery Manga Short Adventure Thing needing ideas

Post by Dcat » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:57 pm

I have created a mystery manga where this kid goes interning at a place that makes clay pots and he has to write a report on it. Last night I dremt about 3 owners, 1 a tall female in red, 1 in green, and 1 in blue. A gang of kids came in every night and broke the pots and one night they were found dead in a park. I've figured out who did it and how the main character found out who did it. The thing I haven't found out is how she did it. I am wanting something without a gun or a knife. Any ideas?

Ceta
MWS moderator

Re: Mystery Manga Short Adventure Thing needing ideas

Post by Ceta » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:29 pm

Unless you're wanting to go the route of something a little more on the sci-fi side (i.e. Darth Vader force strangle or something of that nature) then some sort of weapon is necessary. You don't need to go all hack-and-slash, but you should definitely avoid making things really simple. My suggestion is that you start drafting your ideas from the conclusion and work your way backward. This should help you to see the flow of the story much easier and help you to come up with interesting twists for the readers.

For ideas, I highly recommend reading books and watching movies that are related to the genre you wish to write. This should definitely help you to get many ideas, but make sure you're not copying. ^_^

Zephio
MWS moderator

Post by Zephio » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:50 pm

Maybe poison?
or drowning?

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:27 pm

I was going to give a suggestion, but I liked the idea I came up with and decided to keep it to myself. =P