Looking for Artist/co-writer . Soul Sunder

Do you have a story for a manga you'd like to share or talk about? Then this is the place to be.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

Shinsoo

Looking for Artist/co-writer . Soul Sunder

Post by Shinsoo » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:59 am

One soul
Two paths
This is what dreams are made of
- Soul Sunder

Hi , so I am currently in discussion with one other artist. Im an avid manga reader and I am serious about the story I want to convey. I think I really have something here and with some help it could be really good.

Here is a prologue I did for it http://shinsooisfate.tumblr.com/ . I don't think this gives an idea of the story but just a set up basically for the fantasy world the reader will enter.

Short description of beginning :
Shidou awakens in a world seemingly forgotten by God. No memories,no possessions and seemingly no purpose. He is soon found by Sienna , the relative of the area's high priest. They live in the aftermath of the chaos era. A age that was controlled by a dark emporor now slain by their world's leaders of the light. He must find his place in this world. Regain his memories and very interestingly decide whether or not to accept their God and his teachings.
Tachi seems to have found himself in a similar situation. He has no memories and no clue as to where or why he is here. He quickly finds himself being attacked by wolves , theives and demons. Defeating each with an alarming amount of a known supernatural energy called shinsoo. A much stranger and violent awakening but Tachi must also regain his memories and find out what is this bond he unknowlingly shares with Shidou .

My Manga almost simultaneously follows 2 main characters. There are some other very other crucial and important story points and twists but that is all you get for free :).

I am one of those writers who is very hush hush but of course I will tell my artists lol. but someone else asked me whats it about and this is how I responded.

Its very complex and hard to explain in a short sentence but its about ....hmmmm. The thin line between good and evil. The struggle of that duality within ourselves and what it truly means. Nature vs Nurture. And the relevance or irrelevance of god in between the chaos of it all. My story simply put I guess you can say is about ... life.

I have a decent amount written. My characters names are both japanese , english and international. If your interested my email is hackhero37@gmail.com or my skype is permabasher . or reply here soon :P

I wish I could post a general description but its also a story where its very important to me that the reader discovers a lot of stuff as it happens. Let me see if I can write something and edit it in.

Seth Sacred

Re: Looking for Artist/co-writer . Soul Sunder

Post by Seth Sacred » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:44 pm

Your have a very interesting concept that is just waiting to unfold. Even I am interested to see how this works out. I'm am especially intrigued on this double story-like idea. Unless they are to soon intertwine it isn't to wise to put them both in one story. It can throw off the reader in some ways if you don't plan it precisely..
I'm not that good of an Artist (Yet)
Though, I am an excellent writer. I'll help you as a co-writer that you requested. If that is okay with you, please respond here. Or on my Skype seth.sacred
Oh and one thing. I am a bit confused on how this world was "Forgotten by god" But then you say "Accept their god" Which threw me off a bit as in is this world atheistic? Or do they just have a different society than that of the protagonist?

Peptalk

Post by Peptalk » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:09 pm

I like the stories concept but it confused me when you started talking about the "no gods" and then say they have a type of priestess. If you could explain some of the 'higher' relations of the world it might help the readers out as well. but I'm sure you already know this.... and i wish you good luck !
Onee

Shinsoo

Post by Shinsoo » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:05 pm

sorry didnt realize my post got responses. the story is more updated now but to explain its simple. In that world they believe in the GOD. however no one knows for sure if he exists and the proof thus far is that he did exist but however no one has interacted with him since a long time ago.
So one of the main protagnist he is quite skeptical of if this god ever existed at all. But God is just something that happens through the story. a fuel as u will to gain answers about where why and how.
The story itself is more about the 2 characters both with no memories and their trials as human beings in a strange world. Beyond figuring out who they individually are , some how making their way to each other. Something is sure though. They are definitely involved some how in the ground breaking history of the world they woke up knowing nothing about.
The preview isnt supposed to confuse. it is supposed to make u question it enough to dive into it :) . but if its confusing more than that then i guess i should change it.

Shinsoo

Post by Shinsoo » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:23 pm

Oh by the way I have quite a bit of pages done . I also have a theme song. I even know how this generally ends and the direction I want to go in for the next book. I would love to share more with someone who can assist me with turning this into a real book or manga.
Essentially it is 2 pieces.
Soul Sunder White which follows shidou
and
Soul Sunder Black which follows tachi

FirstBorn
The Big Cheese

Post by FirstBorn » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:31 pm

Can I ask you some questions about your approach in general?

How many pages does the book have now / will have when it's finished?
Will it be a paper book or a PDF / e-book?
What is your target audience?

The reason I ask, is that many people underestimate writing a book / drawing a manga. I'm not saying you are, but I do like to know more about the above questions. I'm trying to write a tutorial in writing / drawing in the near future to help people progress and not aim too high at first. Rome was not build in one day.

Shinsoo

Post by Shinsoo » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:17 pm

Pages done .. I would say i have about 17 full pages done. when i say that i mean like full. After formatting and more emphasis on punctuation on a normal book page i would say its over 30 pages. Just estimating though.
Ideas/draft wise i have about 5 pages. I wish i had more but let me show u the problem i ran into. I am fueled to write by inspiration or knowing my book will be seen/appreciated. But i have plotted out the book all the way to just about the third book. I know what i wanna accomplish and i know how i am going to do that. so that leaves very little inspiration unless i rewrite or leave some open for a co writer or artist which i would love to do and will let / make me work more.
The other issue is that i am skeptical just how influential even a good piece of literature can be these days. I mean I am not by definition a writer and I know many writers who have finished works and they are barely read so i guess that makes me worry about putting in the time and energy.
But generally i think i have a great story.

um will it be paper or pdf etc ... well i will talk to some local publishers but problably generally an ebook or some sort.
My target audience is young adults. lets say 14 - 25 ish .

and underestimate... i dont think i underestimated it. I think i was lucky in terms that inspiration drove me. but because i waited on that inspiration and because i think i went too far with it.. now its caught up to me that i actually have to spend time working .. putting all the thoughts on paper in a coherent readable manner.
And i mean i am not doing that and i see myself as lucky. so i understand why u would want to write a guide for people who underestimate it.
It takes discipline . I was going on the write a page a day schedule but meh. gl with ur guide.

FirstBorn
The Big Cheese

Post by FirstBorn » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:38 am

Thanks for all the info. Sounds like you have everything under control and planned out. =D>

When most first time writers and manga artists start, they have this idea of a 300 page trilogy or a 100 piece manga book series, when in reality they never finished a single 4 page story of 4 page manga. I also tell them to start small. Write a 4 page story, draw a 4 page manga. Most of them never finish that. The ones that do, learn a lot and are able to go bigger.

If I can every help you out with comments, please let me know.

Shinsoo

Post by Shinsoo » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:25 am

sure will do. i recently started a business but between that im giving this a lot more focus atm.

Shinsoo

Post by Shinsoo » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:36 pm

Hey guys updating this.

Update below

I am not really a stranger to writing. I have done paid articles,interviews and game reviews for different websites over the years. However while speed and detail are on my side . I see myself as a sloppy writer devoid of basics lol. So posting this without an editor knit picking it bothers me but grammar/spelling errors aside if u find any...
I am really interested to know what some of you guys think of what I have written so far. If you want to look at the short description click here. http://prntscr.com/2cz5ko
Essentially it is two light novels both based in the same world around the same time. One of the things that make this book different is that I wanted everyone who read it to have different experiences especially depending on the order they read it in .
the two titles are
Soul Sunder White and Soul Sunder Black.
You can read either one first whichever you prefer or take breaks and read them at the same time. At any rate I am only releasing the first chapter in each to give you a taste.
Let me know if you like it, I sort of plan to write a complex back story which you will see subtle hints of . You may notice minor contradictions these however are intentional and the reasons why it is that way are explained in future chapters.

Things you can look forward to...
Well for one you will see characters sort of cross over in the books. You may get a taste of them in one book and in the other book grow sick of them.
Something else to note is that the two main characters names are japanese and if you look up the translations it gives some insight into what you can expect and even why it is titled like this.
So thanks for even reading this post without further ado I will post the two links here you can read.
For people who want to start with SSWhite click here - http://www.wattpad.com/32927525-soul-su ... te-preview

For the people who want to start with SSBlack click here -
http://www.wattpad.com/32953635-soul-su ... ck-preview

Keep in mind they are two seperate works with two seperate intentions . it is sort of written with the idea that you will prefer one over the other and the other book just serves as more back story to the one you do like. So if you dont like what you read in one , I ask you to at least explore the other.