A New Shounen Manga! Opinions/Title?

Do you have a story for a manga you'd like to share or talk about? Then this is the place to be.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

farahbachtiar

A New Shounen Manga! Opinions/Title?

Post by farahbachtiar » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:48 am

Hey guys :D . I am interested in writing a shounen manga but it is still in progress of finishing. This is my first time trying to write manga so I would like your opinions pleease. All Coprights belongs to me.

Miyuki is a 15 yeat old student who is unlike any ordinary kid due to her heritage. Well, an unordinary kid in their country anyways. Miyuki's parents are slaves to the country because they do not posess any powers(voids). In their country, those with unique powers have special cell phones that are called Voids. Voids are special cellphones that is able to draw out the users "soul power". Only those who are able to recognize the true name of their voids are able to wield them. Therefore,the government decided to hold a special game every year for randomly picked children at the age of 14 to 16 in order to force them to recognize and fight using their voids till the death. Those who fail, will either be purged or become slaves for their country and those who are successful, must choose to either join the elite army or to be banished from their hometown. Since, Miyuki's parents are slaves, everyone expects Miyuki to be the same as her parents. Until one day, her life will completely change when she and her twin brother Mitsuo are attacked by a bloodthirsty, evil killer known as a 'demon'( those who abuse their voids will change in to a blood thirsty killer called demons) . Right at the nick of time, the two were saved by a void-user who calls himself Kyou. After the brutal fight with the demon, Kyou became mortally wounded and must transfer an important void. Without hesitation, he transferred his void to Miyuki. Before his last breath, he warned Miyuki that the government is plotting something evil and that the other worlds may be in danger. Only the void that he entrusted to Miyuki holds the key to saving those worlds. Confused, Miyuki accepted the void. With this newly acquired power, Miyuki has a duty to save all worlds from the evil plotting mastermind behind the government.

Any title opinion for this?

Death_by_manga

Re: A New Shounen Manga! Opinions/Title?

Post by Death_by_manga » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:02 pm

It sounds alot like bleach, with the "true name" of the void, and kyou getting injured and all. Try not to base it too much off an existing anime. It's good though. I'm no hood with titles, so I can't help you there. you could just simply call it Void, or something.

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:35 pm

I agree with Death_by_manga that there are some areas that sound a little too much like Bleach (there are a few other anime/manga that come to mind as well) that I think this idea needs to be taken back to the drawing board and developed further. (By this, I mean in a way that makes it sound less like Bleach.) Personally, despite the fact there are areas that need reworking, I think your other manga idea is a lot better.

rabid panda

Post by rabid panda » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:29 pm

Why are they Japanese? Seriously rename them? Unless you yourself are Japanese it's just not going to sound right, besides were it to get published in Japan you could just ask for the names to be changed.

Peptalk

Post by Peptalk » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:13 pm

I can suggest some names:
1) Voiders Age
2) Systematic Void
3) Cell Sorcery
4) Encompassing Void
Sorry can't think of anymore off the top of my head....
Onee