I guess I should offer my story --Daughter of Ellah

Do you have a story for a manga you'd like to share or talk about? Then this is the place to be.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
will2power

I guess I should offer my story --Daughter of Ellah

Post by will2power » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:06 pm

I've just been on the board a short while, but I would like to offer a story up to critiquing. I first should say that I didn't write a manga --I wrote a science fiction novel.

Title: Daughter of Ellah
Genre: Science Fiction
Style: Seinin, I would put compare it to something like Darker than Black, if I were to choose a style.

Short Summary:
The Daughters of Ellah are keepers of the Ellah, a star spanning biological computer system comprised of the collective knowledge of all the member worlds of the Vaelor. The Daughters are living conduits to the vast knowledge of the Ancients. Through the mating of daughters to the representatives of other worlds, each system is bound to the protection and expansion of Ellah--ensuring peace and stability throughout the Galaxy. But not everyone shares in this knowledge. An Ancient enemy of the Vaelor has returned to wreak terrible destruction.

Ithica, a Daughter of Ellah narrowly escapes capture by teleporting to Earth and into the arms of Foley Street Weston, a young man of singular talents and a special destiny of his own. Bound together by ancient fail safes in her genetic code, they must now unravel the mystery of how they came to be together before the Earth is sucked into a galactic conflict that threatens to destroy them all.

The first draft is complete and if you are interested in reading the story in its entirety, you may find it http://www.authonomy.com/books/17034/daughter-of-ellah/. I basically wanted to see what manga artists themselves would think of it, and go from there. I'm sorry to the hard core Manga types, but the setting is not in Japan, and most of the characters are not Japanese --sorry.

major banana
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: I guess I should offer my story --Daughter of Ellah

Post by major banana » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:30 pm

will2power wrote:I'm sorry to the hard core Manga types, but the setting is not in Japan, and most of the characters are not Japanese --sorry.
i wouldn't worry about that here haha.

Seems like you have some kind of final fantasy thing going on here, i could be mistaken. I'll definetly read the rest of your story later.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable