How does this sound? Interesting idea maybe

Do you have a story for a manga you'd like to share or talk about? Then this is the place to be.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

LuxSolaris
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by LuxSolaris » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:26 am

Yeah, that sounds about what I was going to do. Except, Blake always liked his childhood friend, he just never told her, and once he was ready to tell her it was too late since he had become the popular kid in high school. But yeah, I might have a middle man who goes between the two and tries to act like a match maker. Maybe, that'll be the perverted chick who does that. So like, the perverted chick asks Blake's childhood friend if she likes Blake, and Blake's childhood friend gets all embarressed (misspelled...) and runs off. The perverted chick goes back to Blake and tells Blake what happened, and it moves the story along. That exact scene doesn't have to happen, but yeah if there is a middle man pulling them together it might be interesting. Help get both sides of the story. Maybe...donno.

theeggman85
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by theeggman85 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:55 am

I don't think you need a middle man personally. They're so distanced from each other now that it wouldn't really make sense, unless the middle man was a friend of these two from long ago. I think that using a middle man can be a bit cliche, just to let you know. Not that it's bad, these days we have to pick and choose our cliches, and some of them really are good when used right.

It's up to you, but if you use a middle man, it could turn out so the characters won't be using their own minds as much to think through the situation, they'll just be relying on this middle man. But if you think it through, it'll work.

Other than that stuff, it sounds like a really interesting story. I would say definitely focus on the guy, focusing on the girl takes the attention off the uniqueness. Random ninja's suggestion is great, it makes Blake a likeable guy, but at the same time in the cool kid crowd. Kinda of like Ryuuji in Toradora!, he's just a nice guy but was placed by everyone else in the delinquent crowd.