A Couple Pages of a Manga I'm Workin' On

Talk about all art or ask for advice.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta, The Raging Spaniard

MangaDude

A Couple Pages of a Manga I'm Workin' On

Post by MangaDude » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:30 am

A few test pages from a manga I'm working on. Lemme know what you think!

Vio

Re: A Couple Pages of a Manga I'm Workin' On

Post by Vio » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:18 am

Wow, these are very, very good! In fact I'd have to make myself hyper critical just to point out any flaws at all!
Even if it's a small detail, I really appreciate the wrinkles in the pants in the second page you posted. Is that a strange thing to notice and appreciate? Either way, all the pages seem to be of great quality to me.
The only thing I can see wrong (maybe there's more wrong, but from my perspective there isn't ^^; ) is that one of the shoes seems too small in the first panel. The height is fine, but the length seems too short. That's literally the only thing I noticed after searching for a flaw. In other words, super excellent work!
I'm no professional on anatomy, either, so maybe it's just fine.

Also, I commend you for the pose on the third page, that is most excellent as well!

MangaDude

Post by MangaDude » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:01 am

Thanks for checking my pages out Vio!!!! I love feedback because then i get to see what everyone else sees lol! Yes, I can see how that foot kinda looks off, I had a good bit of difficulty drawing the "feet stampede" lol and this drawing was really the second inked version (I threw out the first). As for the bottom pose, I used a reference to draw that one so the pose was kinda "unoriginal" :shock: if you google "anime suit" I bet you would notice what image I used if you scroll down the images a bit :oops:

Thanks for the feedback!!!!

Vio

Post by Vio » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:36 am

No shame in using a reference! They can help us to become more original, anyways ^^
After a second look I managed to spot something else worth considering. The guy who is turned around in the second page looks a little odd, mostly with the shoulders. Just something to consider, even if I'm hardly one to talk ^^;
Still, I'm really impressed with the pages, so can't wait to see where you take your manga ^^ it looks very clean and less cluttered from this sample. (compared to your previous pages, and just in general as well.)

MangaDude

Post by MangaDude » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:14 am

HAHAHA YA I was hoping it was just me but I think he looks odd too, like he's peeing or something lol

Vio

Post by Vio » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:00 am

Bahaha! I literally laughed out loud when I read that xD I didn't get that out of it, but possibly, yeah.
Still really good other than those two things if you ask me. About professional, even.

MangaDude

Post by MangaDude » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:07 pm

WOW! Thanks alot! That means alot coming from you because you are skilled as well

Zephio
MWS moderator

Post by Zephio » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:06 am

MangaDude, these pages are really good.
Personally, I prefer words in my mangas and not just blank text boxes, but to each his own (just playing...) Anyway, The pages look great. I love the first one how it starts off busy. You've immediately grabbed my attention. I'm trying to figure out where everyone is going, what everyone is doing, and catch up with the story because I feel like there's stuff happening. I'm loving it.

Definitely work more on continuing this (and putting text in those text boxes).

major banana

Post by major banana » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:55 pm

Good pages. Reminds me of THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU for some reason and that's a good thing.

Why would you look up 'anime suit'. You'll end up with those horrible 'manga poses'. Nobody stands like that.

Go look for specific suit poses, mayors, business men, yakuza, bouncers, soccer players, lawyers, sararimen, job applicants, prom kids, old rich men, middle management. They all have a specific look that's more important than the suit itself.

MangaDude

Post by MangaDude » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:51 pm

Hey Major, thanks a lot for giving me feedback on my pages!

Peptalk

Post by Peptalk » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:07 pm

i like your art very much from the panels above but (i don't know) the shoulders are really throwing me off about the full length characters. i look at a lot of art so it might just be my eyes playing tricks on me. the best part i think is the differences in the characters appearances. Very cool designs. =D>
Onee

MangaDude

Post by MangaDude » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:48 pm

Thanks for the input Peptalk! I'm glad you like my work! As far as the shoulders go, I did a lot of research on suits. Most suits have that little arc that go over the shoulder (kinda like shoulder pads). I hope I did it right lol. More input is always welcome. Thanks again for leaving critiques!

Peptalk

Post by Peptalk » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:15 pm

Good Luck!!
Onee