kiss w i p update

Talk about all art or ask for advice.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta, The Raging Spaniard

major banana

kiss w i p update

Post by major banana » Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:27 am

This comes from a 1 year old little sketch for a panel, i liked how the interaction between the two came out so im making a new and more finished version. Her smile is a serious pain in the ass

heres the original

Last edited by major banana on Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Touzoku-joou

Post by Touzoku-joou » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:07 am

I really like the girl's face, although her eyes being so wide makes her look more like a mannequin. Maybe have her eyes less wide, like half-open. Or maybe open up a copy of this and make them closed, because I think they'd look good closed.

But wow, what an improvement from the original.

cericcalas

Post by cericcalas » Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:15 am

Looking good. definately a major improvement from the original sketch. YOu might want to allign her teeth as well... because she appears to have a centered tooth in her mouth. the lower lip seems to be missalligned with the rest of the face, and you should see one more tooth on the right side(her pov).

rabid panda

Post by rabid panda » Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:46 pm

i agree with tou she kinda looks weird. like shes making a funny face in reaction to the dude kissing her. its a great experssion but not appopriate for whats going on. still a vast improvement over the orginal. keep it up

Def Character
Mod-Squad Captain

Post by Def Character » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:28 pm

I agree with Touzoku-joou close her eyes... it fits the moment ^^ the laughing rimple at the edge of her smile could be a tiny bit softer Overall good job b^^

major banana

Post by major banana » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:31 pm

I started coloring, changed pretty much everything about the face and mouth, expression went from laughing to smiling happily. The guy is less serious too which helps a little.

I don't really like the style it has at the moment, but i'm not really aiming for result so it'll probably change a lot before its done. Most times i just draw and all of a sudden it's finished.

major banana

Post by major banana » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:57 am

still not close to finished, but i don't like where it's going. So other and better and maby this one gets finished someday. Or i make a new version

These are characters of a comic ive been constantly working on in the background and i can't just turn them into 'realistic' people.

cericcalas

Post by cericcalas » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:48 pm

Her teeth are still askew... and her eyes are definately ruining the aura of the kiss, especially since her irises are the same size though her head is at an angle.