Requesting Anatomy Critique

Talk about all art or ask for advice.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta, The Raging Spaniard

jeriokelive

new glasses... yeah... =(

Post by jeriokelive » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:17 am

I just got new glasses. I had to wait an entire month for them to come in after my eye appointment because the lenses were on back-order. If I thought that getting a new prescriptions in the past was bad... this is HELL! I can barely look at my computer screen. I am starting to doubt that the prescription is correct and I've only had them for two days. My eyes are so tired.

When I draw on paper, I draw standing and my flat pad is on the table... I don't use stands or anything like that. Working on the drawing that i just uploaded, I had to sit... I couldn't stand looking down... it was making me feel sick.

I'd love to say that every mistake I made on this drawing was me over-exaggerating on purpose... but I can't. Some of it was caused by my glasses and some was caused because of me sitting down (I always tend to draw with some kind of skewed angle to my work when I am sitting.) The hands were a mistake. I never meant to make them that big and the angle, again, led me to think they were ok or I would have fixed them before coloring... /sigh.

Anyway... I was practicing with my new copic multiliners and the small selection of colors I have: 12 prismacolors in the manga color set and 1 cool grey copic, a white flesh E00 copic and the oriental flesh copic. I am slowly building my copic collection... one marker at a time. lol.

jeriokelive

Re: Requesting Anatomy Critique

Post by jeriokelive » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:11 am

Another copic/prismacolor sketch while waiting for my eyes to finally get used to these glasses.

Zephio
MWS moderator

Post by Zephio » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:47 pm

Congratulations on your win! I know it was against children but still, don't underestimate kids these days. lol. And it got you drawing again so it's a win either way.

Can't wait to see your submission for the official contest!!

Btw, I really like the recent post of yours with the guy you claim is extremely unproportional. I kinda like it. It's goofy, and I think it works.

jeriokelive

Post by jeriokelive » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:53 pm

Zephio wrote:Congratulations on your win! I know it was against children but still, don't underestimate kids these days. lol. And it got you drawing again so it's a win either way.

Can't wait to see your submission for the official contest!!

Btw, I really like the recent post of yours with the guy you claim is extremely unproportional. I kinda like it. It's goofy, and I think it works.
I missed the contest due to life stuff... I really wanted to take part in that one... but, I thank you for your appreciation of my silliness!

jeriokelive

Post by jeriokelive » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:42 am

This is a colored sketch I did as a reward for a paigeeworld user who ranked highest in a small contest I held there.

It is one of my newer OCs with his OC noming on my guy. lol.