NFBF&F! (working title) - new story with updates!

Talk about all art or ask for advice.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta, The Raging Spaniard

major banana

NFBF&F! (working title) - new story with updates!

Post by major banana » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:37 pm

I had a whole long post typed out over the course of a few hours (i'm at work here) but then i hit submit and i was logged out... post gone.

So yea in a nutshell, promising attempt to turn drawing back into an obsession. My other cyberpunk story is probably my lifes work so this story is like practice. So, new story, think street racing, hard knock life, scene people à la matrix, hackers. Fast cars. Cop cars. Do not think need for speed or fast & furious. I'm reserving this thread for future artwork.

TO DO LIST:
- get main character up to point!
- get first side characters up to point!
- main car!
- force myself not to spend too much time on anything!
- think of a title!
- rough draft of first few pages!
- focus on good dialogue!
Last edited by major banana on Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zephio
MWS moderator

Re: NO TITLE YET - new story

Post by Zephio » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:53 pm

You should name it Need for Being Fast and Furious!

(I'm excited to see your progress. Update often)

major banana

Re: NO TITLE YET - new story

Post by major banana » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:03 pm

updated! I'm posting the crap together with the good, nothing gets spared, the whole shebang. It's camera pictures cause the scanner is being difficuilt. Click on the pics for a more viewable size. Photobucket won't rotate my damn pictures in the post!

hair hair and more hair, finally made a choice and then i had to find a way to make it work loose as well. Ah magical comic book hairgel does the trick.

trying to figure out what makes stefani/ora/thomas look like stefani/ora/thomas, turns out it's not the lips, it's the nose. Needed some quick lip practice anyway

clothes are important too, not too slutty, not too classy, not too ghetto, not too girly. Who knew my dads vintage bikerboots could come in handy.

slowly getting somewhere

BAM, gotcha! That's it right there, i didn't need to look any further.

Shit i'm rusty as hell, it looks so inconsistent. But it'll improve eventually. She might still evolve a little more once i get in the groove, but the general idea won't change. Yes she looks SERIOUS but gotta start with standard face.

That's it for now. Next up is a few fellow racers, or her mom.

major banana

Re: NFBF&F! (working title) - new story with updates!

Post by major banana » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:30 am

UPDATE! I've been carrying this little notebook around, so whenever i think of something i grab it and scribble in it. People look at me funny cause i do it anywhere anytime.

I think i got a name for my character and her car. She's frail looking but a bit of a brawler and tries to stand by principles, doesn't take much shit from anyone but not in a punk kind of way, or malign way. Easily underestimated. Her car is her dads old race car, it's a sorta old, clunky looking truck, but it's a sleeper. So she got the nickname crouching tiger, yes from the movie. They give each other code names to hide their identity, not that it works in a small town like that, but it's about the cool factor for them. After that her car is obviously called hidden dragon.

I got a little scene thought out where the sheriff confronts her and calls her 'crouching tiger' at one point, ticked off, to show that he knows about all that, and what he thinks of it. They don't know why he's ticked off though, or think of a wrong reason. That would be the first time the name is mentioned, but before that you can see' 'hidden dragon' on her car multiple times.

Zephio
MWS moderator

Post by Zephio » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:51 pm

Latee reply to this - I like the concept. You should post some sketches of Hidden Dragon!!

SUUUPPPAAA

Post by SUUUPPPAAA » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:28 am

Ohhhhhhh! Not bad not bad. I wanna see some full figures though! haha. And type up that long post again! I want to read the whole concept. If it's matrix-e then it has something to do with questioning reality? I'm just guessing here. I want to see more though, the art is promising as well, only you can bring you story to like Mr. Banana!