The famous Tablet theard.

Talk about all art or ask for advice.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta, The Raging Spaniard

Jamz

The famous Tablet theard.

Post by Jamz » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:03 pm

I'm thinking of getting a new tablet. Mines treated me well, but I think its time it went to that special place in the sky. I need an upgrade.

I had a quick look at froggle to see prices and the one that will fit my price range and tablet size is a Trust, this issue is I only hear bad stuff about Trust.

Trust Wireless Scroll Tablet 1200 V2 looks nice, but they don't mention the pressure amount, what makes me wonder what they are hiding :/

I was thinking spending £70-90 on a tablet. I would preffer A4 sized, but I dought I could get an A4 for that price range, so A5 will do fine.

Any ideas?

EDIT

I just found out the presure sensitivty of the "Trust Wireless Scroll Tablet 1200 V2"

It's 512. Thats half of the sensitivty of the tablet I have now :(
I use to have like 1500 posts T_T.......crap i need a life

The Raging Spaniard
Awsome Moderator

Post by The Raging Spaniard » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:05 am

Its spelled "thread" ;)
Xavier Garcia

Concept Artist

Portfolio
Twitter
Tumblr

Kichiro

Post by Kichiro » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:26 pm

Trust tablets suck arse. I'm serious don't buy one. If you want a trouble free tablet buy a Wacom. I must now return to my commune for the hourly wacom chant.

ps: I've tried a Trust. Was my first tablet. Used it for a day and after that never used it again. Just burn the money you would spend on the trust tablet. :D
---------------------------------------------
If, by some incredible space-time paradox, Chuck Norris would ever fight himself, he'd win. Period.

monkey

Post by monkey » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:00 pm

yeah i heard trust tablets arent that good.. dont waste the money, if you want to buy a tablet buy a good one from the beginning :>

Az

Post by Az » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:41 pm

and don't chew it to bits this time.
capitalist pig

;D

Thing is though, wacoms are fucking expensive (at least if you want a new one). Cheapest one I've seen is over €90. And it's A6 format =_=

I think even most wacom tablets have a pressure sensitivity of 512... not too sure though
lululu luk @ me im on the internets

NikA

Post by NikA » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:32 pm

i did some research before buying my table. Wacom are expensive and hard to get (at least for me), the other tablets i found were cheaper but they had some bad reviews over the internet, like win98 wont find my table on the start up or "it sucked and broke"

the result: Wacom graphire3 4x5, the best u$s129 (taxes included) i have ever bleed for spent xD.

If you are looking for an upgrade (size/pression sensitive/whatever) then try saving some more money. My advice is go for a reliable tablet ... thats what i did; as for the active area size is really up to you i am completly cool with 4x5 inches for what i do.

pointless -->... a week ago i saw one of those LCD screen pen tablet, it was sweet but i dont see the advantages of it

dynastysat

Post by dynastysat » Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:31 pm

Yeah Trust indeed sucks monkey balls :roll:
farts

Harm

Post by Harm » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:15 pm

I've got a Medion (simmilar to Trust) A4 sized tablet. And it isn't quite the sthing you want to buy.
Sure, if you are new to tablets and want to know if it's worth to spend about 150 euro's on a Wacom it's wise to buy a cheap one. Just to try it.

And I've used it for about a year. And it was reasonably good, as long as you don't have to many demands. The main problems are accuracy and pressure sensetivity. And of course, the battery.

I was saving up for a Wacom when I saw a Dataline tablet wich looked exactly the same as a Wacom. So I checked it out on the internet and found out that it was am OEM version of the Wacom tablet. Nice! Because it was really cheap, 30 euro's. And it indeed says Wacom at the bottom of the tablet ^_^ The only downside is that the pen only has one extra button. Regular Wacom penns have an ereasor tip on the back and a double switch on the side. I have neighter and only a single switch on the side.

It's really a nice tablet. But since I have work now I'm thinking of buying a Wacom afterall. Nowadays they even have tablets that sense the angle of your pen, and support multiple pens ^_^

sixtem

Post by sixtem » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:49 pm

I got a Wacom 4x5 tablet for 90 bucks US. That's like 75-80 in Euros, right?

JAMZ YOU NEED TO LEARN TO THINK AND MAKE INVESTMENTS BY YOURSELF D:<

Jolien

Post by Jolien » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:19 pm

Hi,
I bought a used wacom graphire 3 (A6 size) I while ago and I'm very happy with it. Cost me only 60 euro's and I bought it at the wacom website. They have an online used products store. It works perfectly and looked brand new when I got it. So maybe you want to check the wacom website... Good luck with your choice!

Def Character
Mod-Squad Captain

Post by Def Character » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:16 am

I have got me 2 tablets 8)

I recently bought a Graphire4 (A6 working area:127x92,8) just because I wanted an transportable tablet that would would fit into my bagpack.

The specifications are
• Pressure-sensitivity with 512 levels?Create natural-looking pen, brush and eraser strokes.?• High resolution?of more than 2000 dpi allows you to work with pin-point accuracy

If one where to start of with a tablet that one would be the choice. At first I thought that it wouldn't fit my needs because I have an Intous A4+ as well. But when working with the Graphire A6 more and more (accepting the less posibilities) I come to the conclusion that it works fine. I only feel the difference when working long time at the bigger one and sometimes miss the tilting capacity. But hey...only a true craftsman blames his ecuiptment for not being able to create some fine arts.

The specs of my Intuous A4+are:
• Pressure sensitivity: 1,024 levels
• Resolution: 5,080 lpi
• Accuracy Pen: +/- 0.25mm
• Tilt: +/- 60 degrees
• Maximum reading height with Pen: 6 mm
• Maximum report rate: 200 points per second

monkey

Post by monkey » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:42 am

Def Character wrote: I have an Intous A4+ as well.
oww you are a lucky owner of an intuos heh.. but they are sooo damn expensive.. i have a graphire4 too but a5, not too big and not too small.. its perfect, worth the money *happy happy* =D

Jamz

Post by Jamz » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:21 pm

sixtem wrote:I got a Wacom 4x5 tablet for 90 bucks US. That's like 75-80 in Euros, right?

JAMZ YOU NEED TO LEARN TO THINK AND MAKE INVESTMENTS BY YOURSELF D:<
dude. I have £130 at least (like $200), I just don't wanna spend that much. I wanna get some mangas first.

and in UK we don't use Euro's ;P

but wacom have a used products page? nice, might look at that now, thanks Jolien

EDIT

I just found out what my tablet is. http://www.p-active.com.tw/products/xp- ... 5550sl.htm
Damn, mines pretty good, even DELETER sell it http://www.deleter.jp/eng/xp_pen/xp_pen.html

still wanna get a bigger sized one. might stay with the same company though P-Active
I use to have like 1500 posts T_T.......crap i need a life

Def Character
Mod-Squad Captain

Post by Def Character » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:02 pm

Wacom uses manga to promote tablets...
:arrow: Have a lookie here

:roll:

lotsofblood

Post by lotsofblood » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:59 pm

whoa freaky
"The handsome hero always wins!" -Dark Schneider