Felnix's Art~ RAWR!

Talk about all art or ask for advice.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta, The Raging Spaniard

a random ninja

Post by a random ninja » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:19 pm

i also think her legs are a bit short.

gatrosk

Post by gatrosk » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:29 pm

I think the boobs are too far up, which makes the torso appear long, which in comparison makes the legs appear short...

..i think.
Fate rarely calls upon us at the moment of our choosing. - Optimus Prime

felnix

Post by felnix » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:09 am

I already knew someone will comment on the girl. I feel lazy to correct the hands when I found it because this artwork took me 1hour 30mins to complete. About the legs, well I think may be the head or the hand (fatter hands or bigger head)makes it look shorter.
RAWR! I need to improve~

http://felnix.deviantart.com/

R0B3R7

Post by R0B3R7 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:57 am

nice one! see what those more defined shadow lines can do for you? haha
also, patience is a virtue, but one we all struggle with ;)

i think the boobs are just plain too big. i mean, those have got to be fake. otherwise, besides the arms, i'd just say that the angle of her shoulders and above don't match up with that of her boobs and below. and it's a little off like gravity wise. but looks good man! keep it up :]
dA
“Getting ahead...requires avid faith in yourself. ...Some people with mediocre talent, but with great inner drive, go so much further than people with vastly superior talent.” -Sophia Loren

Sedystra

Post by Sedystra » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:20 am

R0B3R7 wrote:nice one! see what those more defined shadow lines can do for you? haha
also, patience is a virtue, but one we all struggle with ;)

i think the boobs are just plain too big. i mean, those have got to be fake. otherwise, besides the arms, i'd just say that the angle of her shoulders and above don't match up with that of her boobs and below. and it's a little off like gravity wise. but looks good man! keep it up :]
BOOBS ARE NEVER "TOO BIG"! Image
"until he was die but was not until the assassin was die before him/his death that was dead." -Isamu

Zephio
MWS moderator

Post by Zephio » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:46 am

Going off of what R0B3R7 said a little bit ago, remember that there is no 'skin color'. You have this tendency (and many artists do) in your pictures to choose 1 color, say it's the guy's skin color, and then just do darker and lighter versions of that one color for highlights and shadows. This gives your characters a very pasty look and feel. If you were to look at your hand, for example- you may find that parts of your hand are more pinkish than others, shadows may be more blue in one area and more brown in another. Skin is composed of many, many pigments. It takes a long to master doing this, but I really encourage you to try this out.

gatrosk

Post by gatrosk » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:40 pm

Zephio wrote:Going off of what R0B3R7 said a little bit ago, remember that there is no 'skin color'. You have this tendency (and many artists do) in your pictures to choose 1 color, say it's the guy's skin color, and then just do darker and lighter versions of that one color for highlights and shadows. This gives your characters a very pasty look and feel. If you were to look at your hand, for example- you may find that parts of your hand are more pinkish than others, shadows may be more blue in one area and more brown in another. Skin is composed of many, many pigments. It takes a long to master doing this, but I really encourage you to try this out.
Ugh, I hate that shit. But this is so true.
Fate rarely calls upon us at the moment of our choosing. - Optimus Prime

felnix

Post by felnix » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:25 am

Rob: Haha, actually the boobs are too big for me too. Since this is 1st time I draw a girl without much clothing, so I drew it bigger.

Sedy: Lol! Boobs are never 'Too Big'! So you like the girl with very big boobs?

Zeph: Well I will try to master this. I always respect someone who can coloring well on their digital art. Thanks for pointing it out.
RAWR! I need to improve~

felnix

Post by felnix » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:31 am

Another artworks

This is the 1st time I draw someone view from behind. And the sketch are not clean up.

Backstabbed, sorry for wrong spelling on "backstabed"
RAWR! I need to improve~

Caffeine

Post by Caffeine » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:44 am

In the second pic with the girl her position looks painful. Since her feet are so close to her they can't be so far to each side.
You can't get rid of me.
Deviantart: here

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:17 am

'BACKSTABED' is incorrect. It should be 'BACKSTABBED'.

felnix

Post by felnix » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:11 am

During this exam period, Im getting busy to prepare my exam. EXAM! I hate you!

Caff: For the second pic, this pose is abit difficult for me since this is the 1st time I draw this pose. I correct it many times, but still abnormal. Well, thanks for point out my mistake. Will get better next time :)

Ceta: That's why I wrote a line of text at the bottom of pic. You know, my english suck. LOL
RAWR! I need to improve~

felnix

Post by felnix » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:40 am

Recently artworks

My country don't have seasons, just drawing for fun.

Actually I was requested by a girl to draw this since her relationship with her boyfriend ended. I don't think this is very good, so I decided to keep it.
RAWR! I need to improve~

Greenteacat

Post by Greenteacat » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:32 pm

To Felnix ~ I saw thats u have skills on drawing :3 , however i suggest u can try more stuff to extent ur skills, for example try draw different * camera angle view *, * background * to support de chars, those things will make ur art more interesting ~ currently i saw alot ur art are in * eyes's level * view and no background :3~ so i think these idea will help u ~ Good luck ~!! look forward ur future art works..

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:25 pm

felnix wrote:Ceta: That's why I wrote a line of text at the bottom of pic. You know, my english suck. LOL
Sorry, didn't see that until after you mentioned it.