Something amiss in Leon's Artwork((Page 4))

Talk about all art or ask for advice.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta, The Raging Spaniard

gatrosk

Post by gatrosk » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:04 pm

Yeah, shins arent supposed to bend. >.>

But I like the id3ea.
Fate rarely calls upon us at the moment of our choosing. - Optimus Prime

leonprimrose

Post by leonprimrose » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:14 pm

thanks for the input :)

I know the shins are anatomically wrong xP it was intentional. I thought it might add to the circular form of the image if I did something off. I was wrong lol but it was intentional :-P

leonprimrose

Post by leonprimrose » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:48 pm

http://emrazz.deviantart.com/art/Myr-Jake-137244858

It's also viewable as my new comic page for Myr if you want to check it out there as well.

Wandering_Musician

Post by Wandering_Musician » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:30 am

cool, I like his design. :)
also, the comic is getting interesting. :)
are you going to continue to just upload the line art and color them in the future or just use color sparingly?

R0B3R7

Post by R0B3R7 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:09 am

cool comic, leon
looks great! keep it up.

i would suggest the scott mccloud books, they're pretty cool and have some awesome advice on paneling and comics in general
dA
“Getting ahead...requires avid faith in yourself. ...Some people with mediocre talent, but with great inner drive, go so much further than people with vastly superior talent.” -Sophia Loren

leonprimrose

Post by leonprimrose » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:07 am

@musician- thanks :) and for now it's just going to be inked. I really just don't have the time to even update as regularly as I would normally like with all of the school work, a part time job and trying to keep up with writing the story as well as illustrate it. If by some chance it becomes decently popular and ends up getting to be published or something I'll definitely have them full color. but unless that happens I'm gunna say that it won't be done unless I get the spare chance and want to go back and clean them up. during breaks from school and such I should be able to color. and hopefully if I get into the swing of the comic I may be able to throw color back in. hopefully shadowing at least.

@ROB- :) I read a little bit of one of his books :) great stuff for sure. I do mean to get his books at some point definitely.

leonprimrose

Post by leonprimrose » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:24 pm

I've been taking a little bit of a hiatus from the comic itself so I can make sure I know what I'm doing with what's to come lol I got 5 pages into and realized I only had a rough idea of what the hell was even going on XD along with college swamping my life I took a break. now I'm doing a lot of sketching for the characters and working on the story some to make sure I have it down pat.

but anyways, I update the Myr sketches on my deviantart.
DevArt
I'll leave the link here. If you want to feel free to comment either/both here and there about whatever is in the gallery :)

Zephio
MWS moderator

Post by Zephio » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:31 pm

I checked out your DeviantArt page. I'm a personal fan of the self-portrait you did in the non-manga style. But that's just me...

About the latest picture you linked to- I think you did a nice job on it, especially the folds in the shirt. I'm a little confused about the placement of the pockets, and I'm a little drawn-off by all the white space...but other than that, I like it.

Don't let college get in the way. Keep up the artwork. :wink:

gatrosk

Post by gatrosk » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:50 pm

Agreed.
Fate rarely calls upon us at the moment of our choosing. - Optimus Prime

leonprimrose

Post by leonprimrose » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:31 pm

The second one is from a picture. it's not mine. I just really liked it when I saw it so I sketched it in photoshop.

R0B3R7

Post by R0B3R7 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:20 am

i like the second one :)
you should do more photo studies...maybe even some life studies!
and by maybe i mean definately :D lol
dA
“Getting ahead...requires avid faith in yourself. ...Some people with mediocre talent, but with great inner drive, go so much further than people with vastly superior talent.” -Sophia Loren

leonprimrose

Post by leonprimrose » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:23 am

lol life studies are a bit difficult without finding a model XP photo works I've enjoyed doing. I've been cheating a little. but hell, that's what photoshop's for. to make life easier. it helps my hand get more comfortable

R0B3R7

Post by R0B3R7 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:27 am

haha, i didn't just mean people
apples, silverware, cups, soda cans, poop...
anything makes for a good still life
dA

leonprimrose

Post by leonprimrose » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:28 am

true true :-P well I'm going backpacking for a couple days starting tomorrow with a class. I plan on bringing a sketchpad of some kind with me of course :-P hopefully I'll have some time to do some sketches

a random ninja

Post by a random ninja » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:46 am

R0B3R7 wrote:haha, i didn't just mean people
apples, silverware, cups, soda cans, poop...
anything makes for a good still life
there's no such thing as a good still life. i hate them with a fiery passion. they are the bane of my existence.