Seddy's Art~

Talk about all art or ask for advice.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta, The Raging Spaniard

Sedystra

Seddy's Art~

Post by Sedystra » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:30 am

I'll go ahead and commandeer this thread.

I'm going to go ahead and kickstart my activity in this forum by using this thread to share my most recent art, and any art that I may draw in the future~

All critiques, criticisms, comments, and suggestions are welcomed and, in fact, encouraged. So feel free to say whatever's on yer mind~

Thanks in advance~

"until he was die but was not until the assassin was die before him/his death that was dead." -Isamu

Kitsune

Post by Kitsune » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:38 am

I like the stabby one!!

the middle one looks a little wierd though, her legs bend funny and the head seems rather squashed on to her chest wth tiny arms

I want uber long hair *sniffle*
I Think Exalibur is an Idiot

Shin

Post by Shin » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:06 am

Okay, I think you have major anatomy problems. The limbs look like they're from stuffed dolls :oops:

Try looking at real life references while you draw, it helps your anatomy and your proportions a lot.

Sedystra

Post by Sedystra » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:34 am

Thanks for the replies, guys. I'll be sure to give posemaniacs.com a ton of visits before I post any new drawings. <3
"until he was die but was not until the assassin was die before him/his death that was dead." -Isamu

Shin

Post by Shin » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:53 am

Do you mind if I ask your gender and age? I couldn't really tell with the username and I don' want to use "dude" if you're a girl 8)

Aether
Location: the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear

Post by Aether » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:55 am

Sedystra wrote:Thanks for the replies, guys. I'll be sure to give posemaniacs.com a ton of visits before I post any new drawings. <3
Wow, I didn't even have to suggest it and he knows. I like this guy.

I automatically call you a guy because there are no gurlz on teh interwebz.

Sedystra

Post by Sedystra » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:11 pm

Shin wrote:Do you mind if I ask your gender and age? I couldn't really tell with the username and I don' want to use "dude" if you're a girl 8)
Haha, I get that a lot. I'm 100% male.
Aether wrote:I automatically call you a guy because there are no gurlz on teh interwebz.
I'm secretly a 7-year old girl. A/S/L? ;)

Yaz

Post by Yaz » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:59 pm

Aether wrote: I automatically call you a guy because there are no gurlz on teh interwebz.
Caff will love that haha.

The drawings the Drawings. errr Gotta agree with Shin about the Doll thing but thats on'y because the lack in bone structure the characters seem to have. You Know Knee caps, Elbows that type of thing.

So Although your anatomy needs work I'll go a bit further and say it's not really your proportions so much as much as how your limbs and stuff appear. The second picture the arm is too short and it's displaced when you look at where her shoulder falls. It looks like Gumbi or Mr. Bogus. And you OBVIOUSLY lol are trying to avoid drawing hands, feet, and the face from profile shots (The 2 side shots) so try and work in some real practice on those. What you're not good at you should draw the most of. You don't want anything limiting what you can and cannot draw.

But for the record I like her Hoodie in the first picture =D

Sedystra

Post by Sedystra » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:09 pm

Yaz wrote: Gotta agree with Shin about the Doll thing but thats on'y because the lack in bone structure the characters seem to have. You Know Knee caps, Elbows that type of thing.
I've never *once* thought of drawing the knees, or any of the other joints. This is really eye-opening. I'll definitely look into this while I continue practicing anatomy. Thanks a lot for bringing this to my attention!
Yaz wrote:And you OBVIOUSLY lol are trying to avoid drawing hands, feet, and the face from profile shots (The 2 side shots) so try and work in some real practice on those. What you're not good at you should draw the most of. You don't want anything limiting what you can and cannot draw.
Ahh, ya caught meh~ Q_Q

Yeah, I'd go so far as to say that I'm terrified of hands, and that my profile shots never end up looking correctly. I've been trying to avoid them as much as possible up 'till now, but...I guess it's time to get over that. Haha....=<
Yaz wrote:But for the record I like her Hoodie in the first picture =D
Haha, thanks! I like it as well. ;)

Aether
Location: the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear

Post by Aether » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:31 pm

Sedystra wrote:I've never *once* thought of drawing the knees, or any of the other joints. This is really eye-opening. I'll definitely look into this while I continue practicing anatomy. Thanks a lot for bringing this to my attention!
Wow, looks like this guy has no joints.
What's it like without joints? Hard to move I'll think.

Sedystra

Post by Sedystra » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:36 pm

Aether wrote:
Sedystra wrote:I've never *once* thought of drawing the knees, or any of the other joints. This is really eye-opening. I'll definitely look into this while I continue practicing anatomy. Thanks a lot for bringing this to my attention!
Wow, looks like this guy has no joints.
What's it like without joints? Hard to move I'll think.
Nah, it's pretty easy actually. I just roll around.

Weeeeeeee!

Caffeine

Post by Caffeine » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:24 am

Aether wrote: I automatically call you a guy because there are no gurlz on teh interwebz.
MY PANTIES ARE A LIE!! A LIE!!
(I dress in women's clothing, and hang around in bars! Oh I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK...)

On the middle side view, her legs look like they're bendy snakes of play-doh. The first one, her knees are much too skinny. Look at a skeleton, there are big joints there, even if there isn't a lot of meat. In all of them they're a bit thick bodied, and aren't curvy enough.
You can't get rid of me.
Deviantart: here

Shin

Post by Shin » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:19 am

Sedy how old are you?

R0B3R7

Post by R0B3R7 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:33 am

Caff wrote:(I dress in women's clothing, and hang around in bars! Oh I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK...)
oh
my
muffinz

i thought i was the only one who ever heard that song >_>
OH iiiii'm a lumberjack and I'm Okayyy
dA
“Getting ahead...requires avid faith in yourself. ...Some people with mediocre talent, but with great inner drive, go so much further than people with vastly superior talent.” -Sophia Loren

Caffeine

Post by Caffeine » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:34 am

I sleep all night and work all day!
My girlfriends and I chorus it. (Dudes won't for some reason.) You are not alone.
You are in the company of sexy babes.
You can't get rid of me.
Deviantart: here