My Mini Manga

Talk about all art or ask for advice.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta, The Raging Spaniard

Yaz

Post by Yaz » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:45 pm

@ a Random Ninja
The Itis lol that's right!!!! Banana Pudding is just like gooey tylenol for me T.T

@ Excalibur
That's cool, but yo! Appreciate you lookin' anyway you know! I'm perfectly capable of following normal proportions but I'm avoiding it in this series because it restricts the freedom I'm looking for. I get sort of bored always following the rules.

a random ninja

Post by a random ninja » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:37 pm

yes i believe it's called 'stylization.' when do we get the rest of chapter 3?

Def Character
Mod-Squad Captain

Post by Def Character » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:56 pm

Haha good going Yaz ^_^d good to see someone as productive as you. Your story telling looks good and the flow of it all sure has potential. Keep it up ^^

Yaz

Post by Yaz » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:41 am

@ a random ninja Well as much as I hate it, I have to work alone so I can't get them done as fast as I want. I should have atleast 6 more pages ready by tuesday or wednesday but i'm hoping for 10.

@ Def Character: THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

a random ninja

Post by a random ninja » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:13 am

hey man, i understand. take your time! just know that i'll be eagerly looking forward to what comes next =]

DancingBlade

Post by DancingBlade » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:18 pm

Good stuff, i really like it ^^

Yaz

Post by Yaz » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:36 am

Sorry it took so long but! The rest of chapter 3 is out. I'm gonna stick to 6 to 8 pages a week from now on haha. 11 was a real wear on me. Enjoy guys, let me know!!

www.adventuresofyaz.com

a random ninja

Post by a random ninja » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:37 am

yay! keep it comin'!

Yaz

Post by Yaz » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:45 am

Haha I'm tryin man! I wanna have alot done by Megacon next year so I can atleast try and sell a whole volume of this and the first issue of my main manga.

a random ninja

Post by a random ninja » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:42 am

i'd buy one of both. we can trade, a volume of this for a volume of my sky pirate manga. it should be finished sometime around 2037.

Yaz

Post by Yaz » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:17 am

lol Hopefully I have alot of people that atleast want to read it. I'm only gonna be sellin them for like 5 to 7 dollars at the conventions you know. I'm thinking self publishing might be the way to go. Apparently things aren't gonna fall in your lap, so you gotta push out here man! lol

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:01 am

Yaz wrote:I'm only gonna be sellin them for like 5 to 7 dollars at the conventions you know.
Unless you have a ton of chapters/pages that justify that cost, you should consider lowering your rate to no more than $1.50-$3.00 (or whatever will give you a slight profit over what you paid for the printing costs). $5-$7 sounds like what you'd pay for a standard book rather than comic issue. At your current level, if you charge at a high rate you'll likely have a hard time selling your stuff.

Yaz

Post by Yaz » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:10 pm

Well a volume would be 8 issues so roughly 136 pages or so. It's a good amount of pages you know. I've seen others sell less for alot more so I'm not real sure on how low I should go, but I thought 5 was reasonsable for like 8 issues. If I can get more than that done I'll give it a shot. I have til next May.

a random ninja

Post by a random ninja » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:16 pm

actually, i hate to say it yaz, but ceta's right. i mean you can buy a 200 page shonen jump manga for 8. i'd pay that much for one of your's, but unfortunately i don't think a lot of other people would. but of course, once you get established, you can start printing more and selling for more, ya know?

Yaz

Post by Yaz » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:22 pm

Hmmm Then we shall adjust! I'll shoot for $3 haha and hope i make a pretty decent profit. And I'll shoot for 204 pages. Thats 12 issues. Bleh after all gotta start somewhere right?