Talk about all art or ask for advice.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta, The Raging Spaniard

The Raging Spaniard
Awsome Moderator

TRS's art dump

Post by The Raging Spaniard » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:14 am

Yo, so yeah, wasn't here, now I am, rejoice, etc

I have an art blog now! http://xgarcia.blogspot.com/

All the stuff I'm about to post is in there, so you can go to the link or scroll down. Magical!

Xavier Garcia

Concept Artist

Portfolio
Twitter
Tumblr

Caffeine

Post by Caffeine » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:29 am

I love your science fiction style. I especially like 12, 13, and 14.
(I initially had the urge to put 'baby' in this post, so there it is.)
You can't get rid of me.
Deviantart: here

gatrosk
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by gatrosk » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:39 am

Wow TRS thats so ridiculous. I've said it before, I'll say it again.. I love you style!
Fate rarely calls upon us at the moment of our choosing. - Optimus Prime

Dominion

Post by Dominion » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:33 am

OMG I love picture 7, it's so cute <3 <3

I want it as a pet :3
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

If you agree Aether is a cute kitty, put Mr Huggles in your sig now :3

a random ninja
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by a random ninja » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:06 am

fantastic as always trs.

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:23 pm

Very nice, very nice. ^_^

Yaz

Post by Yaz » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:50 pm

Man these are crazy cool. I love the structures that resemble conk shells. How long do the regular sketches normally take you?

a random ninja

Post by a random ninja » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:52 pm

trs, do you ink your stuff before you color, or do you color right over the pencil work? it looks like you just color on top of the pencil, but i could be wrong. at any rate, i like the way it comes out.

nabicat

Post by nabicat » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:23 pm

Wow, they look great! :D

The Raging Spaniard
Awsome Moderator

Post by The Raging Spaniard » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:07 am

Yaz wrote:Man these are crazy cool. I love the structures that resemble conk shells. How long do the regular sketches normally take you?
The sketches take from 20 minutes to close to an hour in some cases. In none of them Im actually working non stop though, that timeframe is also spent watching 20 and looking at the internet, etc
a random ninja wrote:trs, do you ink your stuff before you color, or do you color right over the pencil work? it looks like you just color on top of the pencil, but i could be wrong. at any rate, i like the way it comes out.
All these are just pencils, then colors on top. For finished illustrations I may ink the whole thing digitally as well, but none of these use that technique. Also, for finished stuff Im trying to get rid of linework altogether, so if I do it right youd never think it was inked in the first place

Heres two more, Ill add them to the OP as well

Xavier Garcia

Concept Artist

Portfolio
Twitter
Tumblr

Zephio
MWS moderator

Post by Zephio » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:11 am

It's nice to see some more of your work. I like the hair of the girl in the picture you just posted. I like the fire in 10. And I really like 14

Awesome stuff. .

a random ninja

Post by a random ninja » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:08 am

awesome. i like colors laid right on top of the pencil. it just has kind of a warmer feel to it. i also really like your space-y environments there. and i'm looking forward to seeing how your sans-linework finished pieces turn out =]

pencil

Post by pencil » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:38 pm

woow it is verry nice but i think the nose is a little odd ehhehe^_^"

Def Character
Mod-Squad Captain

Post by Def Character » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:50 pm

Good to see your art here again TRS b^_^

kandy_pish

Post by kandy_pish » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:56 pm

nice, way to have an imagineation, thats something i lack. XP
Prince of persia ruels!!
http://kandy-me.deviantart.com/