Doodles Updated

Talk about all art or ask for advice.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta, The Raging Spaniard

Shin

Doodles Updated

Post by Shin » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:32 pm

Last edited by Shin on Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kandy_pish

Post by kandy_pish » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:46 am

I like all really great character designs, they remind me of Bleach.. a little, just the males actually.
I see that you did a good job with your hands, yayness. but dude you gotta teach me how to draw males XD no matter how much tutorials i've tried and how much i practise I can't get it :?
but any ways yea, some nice doodles the costume design and tattoos on there skin remind me of Last samurai, great work.
Prince of persia ruels!!
http://kandy-me.deviantart.com/

Excalibur

Post by Excalibur » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:58 pm

Wow, nice. Nooooo! You turned Sasuke into... someone!

Oh hey, if you're having trouble with males, Kandy-Pish, I'd recommend "Manga for the Beginner" by Christopher Hart. I could hardly draw females before now I'm better at it.
"I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born." -Ronald Reagan

If you believe the big bang, please consider this http://tiny.cc/QAzgk

kandy_pish

Post by kandy_pish » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:28 pm

m'kay Excalibur i Googled it, from what i see its a book :? sadly books like such are very hard to find where i'm from and its really expensive *sigh* but who knows maybe i can get a "hook up". i see he has tuts so i'll study those until i find the book.

As for you shin, you should clean up the lines and add some color, if you want, i'm excited to see how it can look!
Prince of persia ruels!!
http://kandy-me.deviantart.com/

Shin

Post by Shin » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:09 pm

lol thanks for the feedback

they're just scraps, I was just playing around :p I doubt I'll be finishing any of these :oops:

About drawing guys...hmm get some reference ( i get mine by sittin around watching tv and just drawing random bodies I see...shit that didn't come out right lol but trust me when you practice looking at realistic things, you'll start drawing like it. :P) and just practice practice practice :twisted: If you draw something enough times, you tend to remember it. sooo hope that helps :wink:

pencil

Post by pencil » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:36 pm

Yea shin thats right :D i think you have to search for some props of a guy and start drawing them in diverent poses you know what i mean kandy_pish?

Excalibur

Post by Excalibur » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:05 am

You could get one of those models.
m'kay Excalibur i Googled it, from what i see its a book Confused sadly books like such are very hard to find where i'm from and its really expensive *sigh* but who knows maybe i can get a "hook up". i see he has tuts so i'll study those until i find the book.
Tuts? Where!? Can you PM me the link? It's not expensive, just 20 bucks. Why are they hard to find?

EDIT: Nm. Found it myself. That was easy.
"I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born." -Ronald Reagan

Shin

Post by Shin » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:39 am

shes from Trinidad and Tobago :roll: that would make it complicated

Oh Kandy I'd recommend getting it from amazon or something, they do international shipping and thats where I get my english books sometimes

:twisted:

Shin

Post by Shin » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:55 pm

Hey guys I was doodling around and I came up with this character who controlls water :P

I'm just not sure if the water looks water-ish enough :twisted:

any advice? :roll:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/ ... higure.jpg
Last edited by Shin on Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Excalibur

Post by Excalibur » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:56 pm

Well, it looks almost good but I don't know how you could make it better. More wave and more droplets maybe?

drawerkid

Post by drawerkid » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:18 pm

I feel weird trying to give advice to you but here I go. The sketch is awesome -as always- but I think the water need to be more fluent. I mean, at the moment it look a solid mass of goop -no offense- on his hand. You can could change the position of the arm to extending it away from his body or something. I think this allows you to show the water actually have some form of movement and flow.

If you don't want to do that you could just put air bubbles here and there. I see a air pocket between his hand and the water -I'm not sure if you did this on purpose or not but- when he move his hand air would be forced into the water he's controlling. Confused? let me explain when you go swimming in a pool/ocean/etc... you can see bubble rise to the top behind you, right? Well, you're forcing air into the water and air wants to rise to top making air bubble in the process.

I hope this helped in anyway, I'm not that good at doing critique but I tried my best. :)
Last edited by drawerkid on Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Excalibur

Post by Excalibur » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:05 pm

You need some work on your English too...

Caffeine

Post by Caffeine » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:10 pm

I really don't see any problems with his english.
You can't get rid of me.
Deviantart: here

drawerkid

Post by drawerkid » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:27 pm

Excalibur wrote:You need some work on your English too...
Can you please point out the mistake(s) I made? I don't want to make that mistake in the future and sorry Shin to be posting this in your thread.
Last edited by drawerkid on Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shin

Post by Shin » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:41 pm

Lets give the guy a break. :D

Don't apologize DK
:twisted: