Hands

Talk about all art or ask for advice.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta, The Raging Spaniard

konflikti

Post by konflikti » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:22 pm

Excalibur wrote:Because it was a stupid thing to do. It wasn't funny it was a waste of time.

EDIT: Dustin, sadly, that tut can't helm me 'cause of some things in it.(Like, fingertips being flat. In their normal tut not covering any other hand poses but the one that they did as an actually tut which was for one that is hardly ever used. Fingers looking flat. In their reference thingies it being lines for the finger bone, tried it, didn't work.)
Nah, you're just being stupid for getting your panties in a bunch for a lame joke.

There is no tutorial that has every different pose you need. You need to actually think a bit yourself too. Use reference, or your own hands as guide. That's why they give you guidelines how to construct hands, not one hand you will draw every time the same way.
Why don't we share a solitude? Let's travel alone, together.

Excalibur
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Excalibur » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:22 pm

Nah, you're just being stupid for getting your panties in a bunch for a lame joke.

There is no tutorial that has every different pose you need. You need to actually think a bit yourself too. Use reference, or your own hands as guide. That's why they give you guidelines how to construct hands, not one hand you will draw every time the same way.
It was stupid, admit it.

I know there's no tut that has every pose, but how they show you can only really be used in a pose where all the fingers are together, not doing anything else.(Besides, I didn't like it anyway.) I do look at my own hands. In fact, that's how I got a little bit better from that tut from bakaneko.com because it said use your hands as reference which made me think. I'll post something eventually of hands.
"I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born." -Ronald Reagan

If you believe the big bang, please consider this http://tiny.cc/QAzgk

Aether
Location: the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Aether » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:47 pm

Get over it Excalibur. You're not a mod okay? So stop going on about how people should be. If not for individuality a forum would be a very boring place.

Sorry, Aether, but I toned down the language. You're getting a little too worked up over all this.

--Ceta

Dustin C.
Jounin Moderator

Post by Dustin C. » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:07 am

well, here is another artist who made a pack of 40 images of different hand poses. Real hands too, all very dynamic and at interesting angles. ^_^

http://kuroitora.deviantart.com/art/Hands-Pack-83803655

Excalibur

Post by Excalibur » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:37 pm

Why must you all do this to me?
"I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born." -Ronald Reagan

pencil

Post by pencil » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:54 pm

What do we do Excalibur ? i don't get it :?:

Dominion

Post by Dominion » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:53 pm

I leave for a week and look what happens O_o

I know Kitsune likes looking in Magazines for hands poses. Particularly kerrang where they're all reaching out to the camera or trying to be emo or whatever.

Anyway, the point is, mags with posing celebs is one way to get a good idea on how hands look in different directions, styles, angles, poses etc.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

If you agree Aether is a cute kitty, put Mr Huggles in your sig now :3

Excalibur

Post by Excalibur » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:14 pm

what do you guys do you ask, Pencil? You post stupid things. Like Dustin said that guy drew them, but no, he didn't. Konflikiti posted a stupid link to some weird thing which had literally nothing to do with art.

konflikti

Post by konflikti » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:27 pm

Excalibur wrote:what do you guys do you ask, Pencil? You post stupid things. Like Dustin said that guy drew them, but no, he didn't. Konflikiti posted a stupid link to some weird thing which had literally nothing to do with art.
If you actually read what you write you'd totally understand why I posted that link. And in case you didn't get it, the text on the link pretty much explains where I am coming from, but I guess you missed that too.

Also, just to get something clear. No one is out there to get you (except maybe Aether, but he is being retard for uknown reasons). No one hates you. People post stupid stuff and mess around because they find it funny.

On topic: as Def asked earlier, it would be nice to see what you're doing, so we could possibly see what you're doing wrong and maybe figure out a solution.
Why don't we share a solitude? Let's travel alone, together.

Excalibur

Post by Excalibur » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:04 pm

It was in an art section, so what do you think it means? It was not in general chat or whatever it's called.

I said:
Anyone got advice on hands? I find mine sometimes horrible, usually not too bad. But one it come to fingers they never look like normal fingers. I'm getting better at thumbs though.
To me, I don't see anything implying it's not for drawing, sure I don't specify for drawing them, but if I say "But once it comes to fingers they never look normal" they also implies that it's for drawing if you actually want to understand.
Also, just to get something clear. No one is out there to get you (except maybe Aether, but he is being retard for uknown reasons). No one hates you. People post stupid stuff and mess around because they find it funny.
Well, I suspect a mod told him to forgive me or he came to his senses or something 'cause he actually sent me a PM saying he was willing to forgive and forget if I was.(Well, he said forget, but it was basically forgive and forget.) They find it funny, but it's not, it's really just stupid.

Caffeine

Post by Caffeine » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:19 am

IT WAS A JOKE A JOKE A JOKE, DROP IT MM'KAY!?
I would argue that stupid jokes are part of internet culture, you might as well just put up with them.
You can't get rid of me.
Deviantart: here

pencil

Post by pencil » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:56 am

Mmm I think if you want to draw hands you have to look at you`r on hands and think in figures :D

Zephio
MWS moderator

Post by Zephio » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:22 am

Well, I suspect a mod told him to forgive me or he came to his senses or something 'cause he actually sent me a PM saying he was willing to forgive and forget if I was.(Well, he said forget, but it was basically forgive and forget.) They find it funny, but it's not, it's really just stupid.
As far as I am aware, no one sent him anything. Aether is just actually a responsible person and realizes that it's just not cool to ruin everyone's threads with the same old argument and was willing to take a stand to make it stop. I'm sure he doesn't appreciate your public announcement of what he sent you privately.
what do you guys do you ask, Pencil? You post stupid things. Like Dustin said that guy drew them, but no, he didn't.
It is obvious from this that you apparently don't care about anyone else, even if they are trying to help you. Dustin found a good tutorial. No, Dustin found good tutorialSSSS. The least you could do would be to thank him for spending time looking for something you are too lazy to look for yourself.
Mmm I think if you want to draw hands you have to look at your own hands and think in figures
This is great advice. If all else fails and you can't find a picture reference of the specific pose that you need...oh my god, you can do that pose yourself! Sure you'll have a difficult time drawing from life, but since you're supposed to have your own style, you shouldn't be just copying other peoples' drawing anyway.

Excalibur

Post by Excalibur » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:46 pm

Tutorials? As far as I could tell Dustin didn't find any tutorials!
This is great advice. If all else fails and you can't find a picture reference of the specific pose that you need...oh my god, you can do that pose yourself! Sure you'll have a difficult time drawing from life, but since you're supposed to have your own style, you shouldn't be just copying other peoples' drawing anyway.
That wasn't really my point, I look at my own hands. My point was that one tut only really would have been helpful for that one post since you won't be able to do it like that for any other pose that fingers aren't together.

major banana

Post by major banana » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:28 pm

What a drama there preacher.

Here's what always works for me, that and watching my own hand. Works for every pose, from every angle. Only for the simple stuff, the essentials. Why use insane detail on a hand anyway. Unless it's close-up you don't need that.

yes rough drawing but you get the point.