Hands

Talk about all art or ask for advice.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta, The Raging Spaniard

Def Character
Mod-Squad Captain
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Def Character » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:39 pm

Just do like Mayor B and get on track of this thread again. No more teasing or complaining cause Excalibur can't handle your humour guys... :-({|=

Zephio
MWS moderator
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Zephio » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:22 pm

I am legitimately confused with what you just said. Dustin's first post here was a tutorial about how to draw hands from scratch, and it also contained many other common poses that hands are sometimes in. Some of the poses had fingers together, and some of the poses had fingers not together.
The link is this: http://alexds1.deviantart.com/art/Hand- ... l-83785318
I also found a couple more tutorials/studies on hands, although they are not as good as the previous one.
http://odduckoasis.deviantart.com/art/H ... l-23565813
http://lehosh.deviantart.com/art/Hand-S ... h-46733204

Excalibur

Post by Excalibur » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:42 pm

Well, I also said I didn't like how that guy did hands. There's no actual tut on how to do the rest of them.

The first tut might be of some help, Zephio. Wow, the second one has alot of hands!
"I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born." -Ronald Reagan

If you believe the big bang, please consider this http://tiny.cc/QAzgk

Aether
Location: the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear

Post by Aether » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:53 am

Zephio wrote:As far as I am aware, no one sent him anything. Aether is just actually a responsible person and realizes that it's just not cool to ruin everyone's threads with the same old argument and was willing to take a stand to make it stop.
And all of that is completely true. I sent you the pm of my own free will and volition. I'm sorry for causing so much grief these past weeks Zeph.
Zephio wrote:I'm sure he doesn't appreciate your public announcement of what he sent you privately
Yeah... hence the reason I did this via pm.

Excalibur. You have hands and a camera. If you can't draw from life, make it a picture first. Your own body is the greatest resource you have, there is no limit to what you can experiment with.

pencil

Post by pencil » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:06 am

Uhu uhu that`s true Aether :D

a random ninja

Post by a random ninja » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:11 am

seriously, i think the best advice that can possibly be given is use your own hands for reference. you can put them in any position you want, and they're right up close.

also, seriously, stop taking everything so seriously. i thought konflikti's joke was funny, by the way. yes it's an art forum, surely you can't honestly believe he was unaware that you were talking about drawing hands? it was just a freaking joke. lighten the hell up.

also, never once did dustin c. say that anyone drew anything, hands or otherwise. he said the guy made a pack of 40 hands. if you're looking for help, i suggest you stop blowing up in everyone's face about everything. buy a fucking book or for shit's sake, just google 'drawing hands.' you get about 60 bazillion freaking results. some people, i swear...

Excalibur

Post by Excalibur » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:46 pm

How many times now did I say I already use my own hands?
i thought konflikti's joke was funny, by the way. yes it's an art forum
Well it wasn't funny. And by it being in an art forum, I meant it's obvious that it's for drawing hands since she said that I didn't specify it was for drawing them.
Yeah... hence the reason I did this via pm.
Well you didn't say anything.

Well, anyways I think today I'll draw up some hands and finally show you guys.
"I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born." -Ronald Reagan

If you believe the big bang, please consider this http://tiny.cc/QAzgk

Def Character
Mod-Squad Captain

Post by Def Character » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:42 pm

Excalibur stop jumping up all the time.

For the rest of you.!!!
This is the talk about how to do hands thread not the discussion about how people can and are reacting thread.
*Sigh*