Ceta's Art and Stuff - Updated April 24, 2014

Talk about all art or ask for advice.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta, The Raging Spaniard

gatrosk

Post by gatrosk » Sun May 16, 2010 8:46 pm

The legs on the woman are too short. The pelvis should be the exact midway point of a persons height. And with just a quick finger measurement it looks like from the top of her head to the bottom of her pelvis is longer than from her pelvis to the bottom of her legs. Just something I noticed.
But I love your style and linework! Keep posting, I really missed your art!
Fate rarely calls upon us at the moment of our choosing. - Optimus Prime

The Raging Spaniard
Awsome Moderator

Post by The Raging Spaniard » Sun May 16, 2010 9:41 pm

Nah, the legs are fine. I did the same measurements and thought they were identical. Even if they're not, you get some leeway (since real people dont always follow that "rule" anyways. Its not a very strong pose though, so maybe thats why you're getting that impression
Xavier Garcia

Concept Artist

Portfolio
Twitter
Tumblr

R0B3R7

Post by R0B3R7 » Sun May 16, 2010 9:57 pm

Nice work, Ceta.
For the woman's leg issue, I don't think it's that they're too short, but it looks to me as if her legs are rotated outward kind of. If you know what I mean. I think her feet would be pointed more toward the same direction and the top of her legs rotated less drastically.
And the head looks a tad large, but it's hard to tell with the hair and it might go along with the leg thing.
dA
“Getting ahead...requires avid faith in yourself. ...Some people with mediocre talent, but with great inner drive, go so much further than people with vastly superior talent.” -Sophia Loren

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Mon May 17, 2010 11:06 am

Thanks for the comments, guys. I went back and redrew her left leg*, but as TRS has stated, the pose isn't very strong so the change really didn't make much of a difference overall. I'll try to choose much stronger poses/compositions in future updates and hopefully that will eliminate any further visual problems.
gatrosk wrote:And the head looks a tad large, but it's hard to tell with the hair
It's the hair. I measured out the head like I usually do, but gave her a bit more hair than I normally do. Although, now that I think about it, it's kinda the same for the nomad character.

Looks like that's another thing I should be careful about from now on.

* = Will update this at a later time. I've got a bunch of stuff that needs to be done tonight.

gatrosk

Post by gatrosk » Mon May 17, 2010 3:41 pm

Robert actually said the thing about the head. :3

But yeah, pose does a lot for making your drawings compelling. The nomad character is a good example. The drawing is much for interesting to look at because of the more interesting pose.

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Tue May 18, 2010 12:06 pm

gatrosk wrote:Robert actually said the thing about the head. :3
When you're exhausted and half-asleep, it's hard to distinguish who said what. D:

gatrosk

Post by gatrosk » Tue May 18, 2010 10:55 pm

No worries, jus' sayin! :)

Zephio
MWS moderator

Post by Zephio » Wed May 19, 2010 6:43 am

Well I said the thing about me doin' the nasty with your mom.

Oh yeah, and your stuff is looking great, Ceta.

R0B3R7

Post by R0B3R7 » Thu May 20, 2010 1:13 am

haha "doin the nasty"...
dA
“Getting ahead...requires avid faith in yourself. ...Some people with mediocre talent, but with great inner drive, go so much further than people with vastly superior talent.” -Sophia Loren

Ceta
MWS moderator

Massive pic dump

Post by Ceta » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:13 pm

Been a while. Here are some of the things that I've done within the past year. As much as I wish I could post everything, sorry, I can't. (Mostly either not scanned or work-related. For the not-yet-scanned stuff, I'll post that later.) Anyway, on to the pic dump. First up are student requests. All of these are just copies of random stuff, so if you're wondering why these don't look like anything I've drawn in the past, that's why.

All rights go to the respective creators, whoever they are. (Forgot to mark it down, sorry.)

--End Part 1--

Ceta
MWS moderator

Massive Pic Dump -- Part 2

Post by Ceta » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:19 pm

Halloween Masks. Some of the few things from work that I think are okay to post. Hopefully this doesn't get me into trouble.

Also, in case you're wondering why all the pictures are so big, it's because I uploaded them directly to Photobucket via my phone.

--End Part 2--

Ceta
MWS moderator

Massive Pic Dump -- Part 3

Post by Ceta » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:43 pm

Part two of the student request drawings. The first one was drawn in December. (Click to see the full image.) The others were drawn at the end of February/beginning of March. Like before, just copies. Rights to the characters belong to the original creators. (Like before, I forgot to write it down.)

--End Part 3--

Ceta
MWS moderator

Massive Pic Dump -- Part 4

Post by Ceta » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:33 pm

Team icons for a game that we played in class. While I can't show all of the materials, I can at least show this without getting into trouble. (Well, at least I think so.) Since the students are all young, I tried to make the icons as cute as possible. Probably could've made them cuter, but I think the boys would have been like WTF.

--End Part 4--

Ceta
MWS moderator

Massive Pic Dump -- Final Part

Post by Ceta » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:41 pm

Finishing off the update with some baked goods. Been wanting to make sweets for a while, but haven't really had the time. However, my schedule freed up enough to allow me to bake some cookies.

Since it was my first attempt at making these, they weren't priced high.

On the right are the Peach Tea cookies and on the left are the Earl Grey. Although they may not look particularly awesome, they tasted pretty good.

I wouldn't mind making them again sometime but, with how hectic my schedule has been, who knows when that'll be.

--End pic dump--

rabid panda

Re: Ceta's Art - Updated March 26 & 27, 2014

Post by rabid panda » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:13 pm

Wow Ceta, all of these look great! You're making me look bad. Keep it up.
Follow me on dA and Tumblr:
Deviantart
Tumblr