Ceta's Art and Stuff - Updated April 24, 2014

Talk about all art or ask for advice.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta, The Raging Spaniard

Zephio
MWS moderator

Re: Ceta's Art - Updated March 26 & 27, 2014

Post by Zephio » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:01 pm

Wow yeah, these are super good. I'm especially a big fan of the drawing you cropped (the one with the hat and the bow). Also, Earl Grey and Peach Tea? SEND ME YOUR COOKIES INTERNATIONALLY

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:50 pm

Oops. Thought I responded, but I guess I forgot to hit the 'Submit' button.
Zephio wrote:Wow yeah, these are super good. I'm especially a big fan of the drawing you cropped (the one with the hat and the bow). Also, Earl Grey and Peach Tea? SEND ME YOUR COOKIES INTERNATIONALLY
Thanks. ^_^ I had forgotten how difficult copying someone's art can be, especially when the artist has a love for drawing fancy hairstyles. (What makes it really bad is that it eats up a lot of time, which sucks if you have little time to spare.)

haha...Unfortunately, the cookies sold out pretty quickly from what I hear. But, I'm sure you can make them at home; there are many recipes for Early Grey cookies on the internet and all you have to do is replace the Earl Grey with whatever flavor you like. ^_^

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:36 pm

I wanted to update with art but I suddenly got pretty busy with work-related stuff this week so I'm updating with more random foods.

>> Cinnamon Oatmeal cookies (made at work):

---------------------------------------------

>> Sugar cookies:

I took some time out to learn how my microwave's bake function works and did a test by making these. I wish I could've given them a flavor, but it was late and the supermarket was already closed at the time.

---------------------------------------------

>> Pizza:

Trial 1 -- Chicken pizza:

I wanted to test out the bake function a little more and decided to make real food this time, not sweets. I was being a little ambitious on this one, however, and ended up messing things up quite a bit. Although, it wasn't just my first time trying to bake food in the microwave; I've never made pizza from scratch so it was quite the interesting endeavor. I learned quite a few things from this test run and made sure to make a note of them for later. The only regret I had was not having stomach medicine set aside just in case. :P

Trial 2 -- Chicken & broccoli pizza:

Changed around a few things topping-wise as well as made sure not to repeat the same mistakes as I did the first time and the results turned out much better. Still far from perfect, but considering I'm still a beginner I can't complain. At least I didn't need the stomach medicine. What I changed:

1) Reduced the cooking time by 5 minutes. I wasn't sure how long it would take to complete in the first run, so I had to take a guess. Now I know for certain.
2) Fixed the sauce. The sauce I used for the first pizza wasn't very good (incredibly bland) so I recooked it, adding in a bunch of spices.

I've still got enough dough for two more pizzas, so I'll try other toppings tomorrow. As for art, I hope to update with new stuff soon.

Zephio
MWS moderator

Re: Ceta's Art and Stuff - Updated April 24, 2014

Post by Zephio » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:28 am

The chicken and broccoli pizza looks incredible