Commander Naz Arts

Talk about all art or ask for advice.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta, The Raging Spaniard

lordsyafiq

Commander Naz Arts

Post by lordsyafiq » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:58 pm

Hello to all members in MangaWorkshop Community...I'm new here and would like to know you all better...The name is LordSyafiq from Malaysia and still a beginner in arts...kehkehkeh *I think I'm gonna be punished by saying that after you all sees my arts* Below are some of my finest arts in the past two weeks....and I'm thinking of doing a collaboration with you all in my comic...I'll give the details later...Everyone is accepted...

The Emperor of Havenroth (My comic world name), Sir Lord Araheim "Havenrotherinean" Garitoth of the Human Empire of HavenStallion. This character is in comic called The LightBringer : Defender of Faith. A lot of errors though...

A failed art illustration of ChapterMaster : Dawn of Crusaders.... my other comic...lot of errors...

I redo the art above and came out with this...still a lot of errors...Muahahaha...

One of the intro in TLB : Dof...the intro of a Moonlight Godess...still a lot of errors and a bit ecchi though..kehkehkehkeh...

WIP Cover of The LightBringer : Defender of Faith....

Just trying out some comic panels..though the arts seems unbalance and ruining the story moods....a failed art..huhuhuhu..

Trying the second attempt..but as usual..failed.....huhuhuhu...

Just a sketch..nothing particularly special....

The heroin of TLB : DoF, Reah Rozenburgh the Nurse Priest...

Everyone..meet Hardigen the Mercenary (main character in TLB : DoF) along with his cute pet Chupa-Chu~~!!

A quick work when boring....

Another quick work when having nothing to do....

A concept of my character, FritzGerald Odin the Barbarian King...still under development..

Just a cover dated back 4 years ago...a lot of errors...

The logo of the LightBringer : Defender of Faith....still need further construction of it...

Another cover but...still need a lot of reconstruction back on it....

This one is dated back in 2000..when I started back drawing after along stop....

Just a first concept for Hardigen Utherius....in TLB : Dof...dated back in August 2001...

First concept of FritzGerald Odin, in TLB : DoF...dated back in 2000...

Just trying out a new character in September 2003....still no name until now though...

A WIP of a Crusader....

Another WIP...

Also a WIP...influence by Pirates of The Carribean...going to redo it later on...

First attempt..but instead a lot of errors though....and a bit blurry cause of scanner malfunction..sorry...

Trying to design FritzGerald Odin outfit....

Also trying to design Reah outfit...

Hardigen in a pose...a lot of errors...

Character of a Assassin...

Just a sketch....nothing specials....kehkehkeh...

A work on Chibi Style....a lot of errors...

Trying out a Neko style..still not use to it...

Another Chibi style....

Just a friends art I'm redesign it back....

That's my finest art for now..busy with working on the comic...Any critiques, comments and everything..all will be appreciated...Anything just PM me ok? Thanks and I will be back with new art in a few days....Ja ne... *Bows deeply*

Dominion

Post by Dominion » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:51 pm

I refuse to believe that you consider yourself an amateur T.T

That is really amazing, but wow, you've been working on it a long time :D

Some of your work is dated back 7 years.

The guy with the wings reminds me of Vega...I love Vega <3

lordsyafiq

Post by lordsyafiq » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:13 pm

I knew I'm going to be punished...Oh my.. :shock: I think I need to prepares a hara-kiri in case it get worse...

Thanks for your comment..really and highly to the outer space appreciate your comment....kehkehkehkeh...

Care to collaborate in projects? Anything just PM me, ne? Thanks

monkey

Post by monkey » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:35 pm

nice artworks and really nice inking, wish i could ink like that too^^

Aether
Location: the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear

Post by Aether » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:42 am

Okay dude. Here we go.

For you to be considering yourself a beginner is being too hard on yourself. Sure some of your work needs a bit of touching up but overall you seem to have a good grasp on anatomy and such.

I see that you draw your younger characters with fucking massive eyes. Now this isn't me trying to tell you to stop drawing or anything or dissing your style. I'm just saying that eyes of that size in relation to the proportions of the head should lean toward even younger characters from about 2-6, if that age at all. All I'm saying is that sure you can do that style of eyes for your characters, but doing so will make your art seem beginner-ish.

Also you seem to have a struggle with your straight on face shots. Where the character is looking right at me. Now, I've said this in another thread... but I'll say it again. I have a technique I use/developed. It's fairly fail safe and requires little to no skill to pull off.
Now, I'd love to show you like right now but I have to actually draw out the steps first... >_>

I'm such a lazy bastard. But anyway, I'll get someone to piss me off enough to actually do it so I can show you.

I'm not saying I'm a drop-jaw, uber great artist. But these are only main points I can be bothered to outline so far.

As for collaborating. Well, I can see why you'd want to collaborate seeing as doing so actually increases your skills. I've got a few stories in my head. But I'll have to work on them a lot more for me to even consider starting a collaboration. Or you could even start now if you like. But I really don't care.
And that's all for me I guess. See ya round.

lordsyafiq

Post by lordsyafiq » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:26 am

Hahaha...thanks Aether...that's the straightforward commenting I was looking for......I'm feel relieved now know that I need some improvement to do with my arts...Don't worry..I'm not offended..actually I have been receiving a lot worse commenting than this....kehkehkeh...

Don't worry, take your time to do the things...I'll check your stories when I have the time....for right now I'm pretty occupied with other things...But thanks for the offer..OK see ya around, Aether....kehkehkeh...*Serving tea to everyone* Tea, anyone?

Aether

Post by Aether » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:30 am

No problem dude.

Hope it helps.

Kitsune

Post by Kitsune » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:18 pm

*goes to cry in a corner emo style*
I Think Exalibur is an Idiot

lordsyafiq

Post by lordsyafiq » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:37 pm

Kitsune, why are you crying? Did I offended you or something? I myself will be troubled for a long time until I get myself depressed if I didn't know what cause it....huhuhuhu..*Fountain Cry*

R0B3R7

Post by R0B3R7 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:47 am

i get where ur coming from aether but i think its possible to achieve adult characters with big eyes :? true though all your characters look much more mature and hard-core manga with narrower eyes b^_^d

nice work
dA
“Getting ahead...requires avid faith in yourself. ...Some people with mediocre talent, but with great inner drive, go so much further than people with vastly superior talent.” -Sophia Loren

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:29 am

lordsyafiq wrote:Kitsune, why are you crying? Did I offended you or something? I myself will be troubled for a long time until I get myself depressed if I didn't know what cause it....huhuhuhu..*Fountain Cry*
My thought is that your style is on a higher level than Kitsune's. Not really sure though.

Aether

Post by Aether » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:20 am

Yeah, but not eyes of that size. They're way too big for the face.

And I'm going to have to go with Ceta's comment. That's why Kitsune is crying.

Kitsune

Post by Kitsune » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:03 pm

I was crying as your work pwns mine anyday. but that that you said that you were amatuer is what got me, if that is amatuer then mine must surely be chicken scratches *sniffle*
I Think Exalibur is an Idiot

Def Character
Mod-Squad Captain

Post by Def Character » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:15 am

Impressive b^_^d as for the comicpages keep some space in mind to add text balloons. :wink:

Dustin C.
Jounin Moderator

Post by Dustin C. » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:26 pm

and why not try uploading them to your gallery at MWS mainpage!^_^