4th/5th collab discussion thread

Talk about all art or ask for advice.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta, The Raging Spaniard

Gallant Raconteur

Post by Gallant Raconteur » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:56 pm

So about characters! I'm guessing we'll stick with a human main character, but with this current world idea it seems he'll be amongst one of the only human main characters. He/she could be traveling with some kinda wierd alieny elfy thing guy i guess, and a buncha other abstract characters later on.

rabid panda

Post by rabid panda » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:04 pm

perfect plot.
one time i had a dream where i woke up and the world was being swarmed with zombies. i was going to journey north to kill the zombie leader, who has a huge head. so i hopped on my unicorn(all the cars were replaced with unicorns. still worked like a car and like mine it was a manual. you just grabbed the horn and shifted the head into the gear you wanted) and rode thru the zombie hordes. later i met up with a crew of pirates and a marachi where we battled a giant carrots rival pirate crew. then me, the female pirate leader, and the marachi met up with a zombie martial artist and a robot who joined us. the zombie looked a lot like bruce lee and the robot had inflatable breasts and a budunkadunk for armour. then we traeled north and got invovled with a cross country rally race where me and the marachi entered. we fought the giant zombie leader who rode a bicycle and bleed cats. then we finally go to the tower of the zombie overlord and fought his generals and killed him. the end

lotsofblood

Post by lotsofblood » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:40 pm

i say we use that manual unicorn transport concept
"The handsome hero always wins!" -Dark Schneider

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:40 am

lotsofblood wrote:i say we use that manual unicorn transport concept
Definitely in agreement there. :D

The Raging Spaniard
Awsome Moderator

Post by The Raging Spaniard » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:19 am

Hey, I don't care, as long as its not another rip-off of your favorite manga series, I'm down.

Yes, that means that you people have to come up with your own shit, no main guys who are hungry all the time and no "lets make it EXACTLY like Bastard. Thankfully since I'm starting I can start you guys up proper.
Xavier Garcia

Concept Artist

Portfolio
Twitter
Tumblr

Gallant Raconteur

Post by Gallant Raconteur » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:44 pm

Buh-lieve it!

Jamz

Post by Jamz » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:58 am

I 100% agree with TRS. Make it original, no ninjas, no warriors with huge ass swords, no young boy with stupidly strong "hidden powers" and no tall, skinny long haired female looking villian dudes.
I use to have like 1500 posts T_T.......crap i need a life

rabid panda

Post by rabid panda » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:04 am

can we keep the marachi?

lotsofblood

Post by lotsofblood » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:16 am

i assure you i had no intentions of "making it EXACTLY like Bastard."
so are we going to make another thread for conceptualisation or are we doing this right here right now?
btw - i wasnt joking about the manual unicorns
"The handsome hero always wins!" -Dark Schneider

Dustin C.
Jounin Moderator

Post by Dustin C. » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:53 pm

ok, lets talk about a main character so everyone can at least think about his development. i think we should focus on just one, but of course we add characters in as the story goes along as we see fit.
but the one should be the most important.
TRS, since your starting off, do you have any concepts?

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:28 pm

If it were me, I'd ignore Jamz's request and make the main character a slightly dorky kid who is aspiring to become the world's mightiest pimp. Of course, being a pimp is like your magical girl/super saiyan which is probably good enough incentive despite the fact that there are many others who are in the process of or working their way to achieve the same goal. For him, however, his goal was to become the strongest and achieve the power to overcome his phobia of women. Unfortunately, though, getting the chance to achieve this goal seemed way out of reach.

That is, until he meets a creepy old man in a Zoot suit who gives him that chance. Along with his Pimp Suit of Power, Pimp Cane of Justice and his summoned unicorn "Hornalicious" (or "Horny" for short), he does battle with other pimps in order to gain power and hoes. Because the power of the pimps is forbidden for people of his age, though, he has to keep his abilities secret while he works his way to finish high school -- something that would be much easier to do if some of the things from his secret life as a pimp wouldn't appear to interfere with his school life. (For instance, some of the weaker -- simply put, comedic-relief -- characters show up to convince him into helping them out or challenge him to a rematch.)

As a big twist, I suggest that when he's doing battle with one of the strongest pimps later on, when things are looking bad, he manages to turn the tables on the enemy and summon the ability to call forth an upgraded form, which includes the mighty Hyper Pimp Suit, Cane of Mighty Pimpage, and Horny's ultimate form -- the winged unicorn, "Pegalicious" (or "Pibbs" for short).

Of course, that's just my suggestion. ^_^
Last edited by Ceta on Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rabid panda

Post by rabid panda » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:39 pm

roflbutts. does he infact keep his pimp hand strong?

killerkun

Post by killerkun » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:49 pm

We better start this thing now with the fantasy-apocalyptic plot before it becomes shittier and shittier

Dustin C.
Jounin Moderator

Post by Dustin C. » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:51 pm

ceta....
dats sum wild sh*t right thur. i love it!

either way, does anyone like pimp idea, or have anymore of there own for the main character of the post-apocolyptic story?

The Raging Spaniard
Awsome Moderator

Post by The Raging Spaniard » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:53 pm

Nothing going on at work right, so I got to work

Heres what Im thinking so far, DEFINITELY post-apoc. Not necessarily having elfs and shit though, lets get more creative and make it sometime after the fact. Humans are not the dominant species now, Earth suffered a cataclysm and new mutations/evolutions took place, leaving the regular old joes in third place of the dominance race.

Our hero, just called hunter for now is trying to enter the swat-like force of the government, and in the beginning of the story hes trying to get his name up the ranks. Heres his design.

Xavier Garcia

Concept Artist

Portfolio
Twitter
Tumblr