Learning manga, need help :)

Talk about all art or ask for advice.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta, The Raging Spaniard

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:37 am

I just noticed that the positioning of the arm holding the sign is a little off. Make that pose in front of a mirror. You'll see what I'm talking about.

Dex

Post by Dex » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:16 am

hmm... and I thought the hands was allready big enough :? :)
can u draw a red lines that will show me the right size plz :?:
What do you really want?

But

Beware of your wishes...

Dex

Post by Dex » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:36 pm

I'm working on a new draw (again it takes me a lot time, baaaaa >< ) and I'll put there the sign, so I hope the hands there will be right. Expect it in few days ;)
Last edited by Dex on Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What do you really want?

But

Beware of your wishes...

killerkun

Post by killerkun » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:41 pm

i really got lazy with the hands but i think you will get what you got wrong with the whole structure, when youre drawing please don't ultra zoom in certain parts because you will end up with some things that don't look normal, like very small hands or awkward positions and shit

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g77/k ... ineplz.jpg

You just got redline'd

Dex

Post by Dex » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:37 pm

WOW! TNX A LOT :D
ye I have the problem of zooming, damn it :x can't get it out 'couse I'm bad with the pad pen :\ but now I'll try to draw without zooming :)
What do you really want?

But

Beware of your wishes...

Jamz

Post by Jamz » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:37 am

Don't take so long with a picture. Getting loads of picture sketched out is better then finishing one. I'm not saying never finish pictures, i just mean don't take ages on one idea when you could be putting down loads that you could finish off at a later date. Thats why I'lld say you should draw on paper at first.

Drawing on paper is quicker, simplier and more effective then drawing on the PC. You will also improve alot quicker if you draw on it (also it's portible) the only downsides of paper is it takes awhille to show all you internet friends with all that scanning business and there isn't an undo button. (which can be a curse also as you will become a perfectionist by redoing the littlest of things over and over untill you're happy with it or just loss intrest)

SO BASICLY! Learn some basic anatomy(draw nakkied people realisticly (awesome site for life study drawings but NSFW) and also try to loosen up the poses, at the moment they look stiff. (see the redline killerkun did? the ladies pose isn't faceing perfectly straight, her hips and sholders are at oppisite "hieghts" which show disturbution of wieght [you see that straight line that killerkuns done that follows her sholder and the one on her hip? thats what i mean.])

ALSO you're lineart is stiff too. add some line variation. here's a nice little tut a friend did http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/1189 ... tutjl8.jpg. It might look simple, but it pretty much covers the basics of lineart.

I tired red lineing too, but i'm poop at it. so thats all i can think of at the moment. get another picture up soon and i'll see if i can "help" some more
I use to have like 1500 posts T_T.......crap i need a life

Dex

Post by Dex » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:42 am

hmmm.. ok, then I'll try to finish the new 1 more faster (maybe I'll post the sketch for a strat) and I'll wait for responce :)
btw when I started to draw on the paper there was a feeling that somehting missing - the Ctrl+Z buttons XD
What do you really want?

But

Beware of your wishes...

Dex

Post by Dex » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:33 pm

I finished the sketch so here it is :)
http://funkyimg.com/viewer.php?img=10944comm2.jpg
I think the hands are totaly wrong, but I tried to look for referrences and it's my best shot :) I'll wait with the inking and make another sketches meanwhile :)

Hey, there was no responce so I'll put another sketch in the same post :)
http://funkyimg.com/viewer.php?img=269628P.jpg
btw, Jamz, this 1 was done without the pad. Ye, it was really easier then with the pad, so tnx, I'll start to make the rough ones on the paper and after this I'll but it on PC (like I did with this) :D
What do you really want?

But

Beware of your wishes...

Def Character
Mod-Squad Captain

Post by Def Character » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:18 pm

The torso of the first seems to be to big for the rest.

The ideas are nice but It helps to sketch out the proportions first before going into detail. The endresult doesn't do the nice idea justice 6^^

Dex

Post by Dex » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:40 pm

aaaaa, damn! I wanted to post it to (the proportions) but forgot :x
K I'll put them in the next ones, tnx for reminding :)
What do you really want?

But

Beware of your wishes...

Def Character
Mod-Squad Captain

Post by Def Character » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:47 pm

Just keep at it Dex b^^

Dex

Post by Dex » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:53 pm

hei, I'll be late with the next post (a little busy right now), so I'm writing that u won't think I quit :D
What do you really want?

But

Beware of your wishes...

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:59 am

Unless you give a formal announcement that you're going to quit, we won't assume that you've stopped with art just because it takes a while to complete your next picture.

That said, take your time with your pictures to make them the best you can. There's no need to rush. We'll still be here when you finish.

Dex

Post by Dex » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:17 pm

Unless you give a formal announcement that you're going to quit, we won't assume that you've stopped with art just because it takes a while to complete your next picture.

That said, take your time with your pictures to make them the best you can. There's no need to rush. We'll still be here when you finish.
Tnx Ceta :)
The ideas are nice but It helps to sketch out the proportions first before going into detail
I had a few hours at home so I sketched my new draw, I'll put ot here for a "proportion check" :) and continue it later :)
http://funkyimg.com/viewer.php?img=62638NotA.jpg
What do you really want?

But

Beware of your wishes...

Dex

Post by Dex » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:30 pm

Buiaka 8) I finished one of the previous draws so please comment :)
http://funkyimg.com/viewer.php?img=35845bea.jpg
What do you really want?

But

Beware of your wishes...