New To The Forum- Here's Some Art

Talk about all art or ask for advice.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta, The Raging Spaniard

Tim Wellman

New To The Forum- Here's Some Art

Post by Tim Wellman » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:51 pm

I read a lot of posts here, and it seems like a pretty cool place. Though I'm technically a 'pro' comic artist, not many of us can say we actually make a living from it, so, I consider my self an amateur. My main art is hentai doujin and commissions, which I can't share here, of course, but here are a few fan art pics I've done the past couple of weeks for another website. I'll try to be an active member of this forum... if I can help anyone, I'm happy to do so, if anyone can help me, I appreciate it!

Aether
Location: the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear

I don't lie

Post by Aether » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:06 pm

You need to work on some of your art still, except that last picture. It's good ^_^
*you really should know, I'm not gonna lie. I will be honest, whether you like it or not.

Although some things are good I have one question. Why do all the females have absolutely massive boobs? I reckon you should moderate it a little bit.

I think you need to work on limbs and faces the most. They seem to be what you struggle with, either that or you just rush a lot of your work.

But anyway, keep it up! ^_^

Tim Wellman

Post by Tim Wellman » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:43 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure I agree with anything you said, but thanks :-) Maybe just stylistic differences you're seeing and not liking, not sure. My style is very much an anime/manga style....

But, it's kinda hard to get a face wrong if the eyes are straight :-) So, I don't see the criticism there. Limbs, yes, I could have done a bit more on the one with the girl pointing, but still.... Big boobs... very much a popular style in anime and manga.

Tastes differ, I guess

Caffeine

Post by Caffeine » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:01 pm

compared to them, I am, A MAN!

I like your exel saga comic.
You can't get rid of me.
Deviantart: here

major banana

Post by major banana » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:17 pm

Gotta love Excel. I don't like big balloon boobs either but you're right, it's popular with a lot of people.

About those b&w drawings, they look pretty good for manga/anime style. I don't see anything wrong with the faces either, all you need to worry about is perspective and detail.

Aether
Location: the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear

Post by Aether » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:35 pm

I just find the faces to be a bit flat, that's all. ^_^

Def Character
Mod-Squad Captain

Post by Def Character » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:29 pm

Welcome to the forum Mr Wellman b^^
Nice work so far. one can see the effort put in the colouring.
But yeah a bit more work on the limbs and hands would do nicely ^^

Br0k3nS34l

Post by Br0k3nS34l » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:50 am

Haha! Giant dora head with exploding backpack! Sweet....
"In this day and age we are obligated to think outside of the bubble that encircles the box."
-Sha M.-

"Fiction has it's limits sweetheart, it's how creative you can be with reality that truly defines fiction"
-Sha M.-

kosh

Post by kosh » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:47 am

yeah s'good

but the one with the panty shot, her leg is resting on top of nothing, or something, unless the upper shelves are resting further back then the bottom shelves then it totally makes sense, but yeah if not you should fix both the leg and the fact that she's leaning forward with (in reality) no room to lean forward

try putting her on the top of the shelf reaching for something between the aisles instead (okay i was going to add a perverted reason for that suggestion but nvm...mainly i'm just bored and should shut up and catch some shut eye)
"So cleavage season's almost over" -Ted Alexandro