New and curious

Talk about all art or ask for advice.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta, The Raging Spaniard

Octobergirl
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

New and curious

Post by Octobergirl » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:29 pm

Hi, I'm new here and on mangaworkshop.net ,
I don't think here is the appriopriate place to introduce.
But I made a drawing yesterday, and I am curious what you think..

I'm aware of some mistakes and weird things, but I think you see more then I can :oops:
Thanks! :wink:

Def Character
Mod-Squad Captain
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Def Character » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:46 pm

Hi Octobergirl,

Welcome to our forum <(^_^<)

She looks cute but a bit to young for a pose like this ^^

Try to place her head a bit more to the left (our pov) it somehow looks like a stick on head now. Let her cheeck interacts with the pillow.
Her hands are a bit to small.

The scribbly style looks very nice b^^

Octobergirl

Post by Octobergirl » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:37 pm

Thank you for the tips, I know what you mean, I'll try to do something about it :). and ehm, that she looks so young, was the meaning, that's why there is a plushie next to her.
More like , "I'd do anything for you to love me". But because she's young she doesn't really understand that's wrong.
Something like that.

kosh

Post by kosh » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:50 pm

Def Character wrote:She looks cute but a bit to young for a pose like this ^^
ahahahahahaha

priceless...

and yeah...

looks real nice cept the left hand looks like it's lying in an odd position or something or other is wrong with the shape or something or other

and yeah, her legs look flattened out, change the shape of... right around there...

and add some shading... right around there, so it's not so flat

awxum job
"So cleavage season's almost over" -Ted Alexandro

Octobergirl

Post by Octobergirl » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:15 pm

I understand what you're saying xD her left hand indeed looks weird, I was aware of it :P
and I think there's something wrong about the jeans, they're to flat I guess, looks a bit weird
And thank you xD

Zephio
MWS moderator

Post by Zephio » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:13 pm

I've nothing other than what's already been said.

Nice drawing though. It's a great concept, but yeah...young

Caffeine

Post by Caffeine » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:56 pm

I think adding a shirt would help fix our dirty minds.
why does someone that young need a bra anyway?
You can't get rid of me.
Deviantart: here

Octobergirl

Post by Octobergirl » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:40 pm

Should I delete the bra then??
I'm kinda confused that I could draw this girl in bikini, but not in jeans and bra.
But yeah, maybe a shirt would be proper, but it would erase the idea that I had.

Def Character
Mod-Squad Captain

Post by Def Character » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:05 am

Give here a sleevless top or something if you want to keep the idea.

Young girls grow up way to fast these days. I know cause my daughter is 11. XP

Caffeine

Post by Caffeine » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:12 am

I didn't get boobs 'til I was thirteen!
I didn't mean that she shouldn't be wearing a bra, but it would probably look different.
You can't get rid of me.
Deviantart: here

Aether
Location: the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear

Aw what?!

Post by Aether » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:18 pm

Aw what?! Now! Why can't I at least draw like that?! I'd be a bit happy then, well whatever. Too young, she looks 8
flat jeans
shouldn't be wearing the bra, should be wearing a shirt
cheek is a bit solid
tiny hand
but otherwise good

pros
great hair
good eyes
awesome doll

^_^

Octobergirl

Post by Octobergirl » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:04 pm

I agree Def, they do. I think they are looking too much to how boys and girls are when they are 16/17, could be wrong guessing, but I think so.

And I got breasts when I was 10 :P so there is a big difference xD. And the girl is atleast 14 for me, it's how I draw girls o_o, can't do anything about it; but the hands and all are good things to work on, they are exactly the things where I have a hard time on.

Aether

HOLY JESUS CRAP!

Post by Aether » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:10 pm

HOLY JESUS CRAP! You got boobs when you were 10?! What kind of crap were they pumping into your blood stream? Seriously, that's the shit that makes vines grow in seconds! If you want her to look older, try making the eyes wider and narrower and elongate the bridge of her nose and her face.

Octobergirl

Post by Octobergirl » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:15 pm

Uhu, yeah I understand, but still I don't think I did wrong with her age :P
And ehm, I have size D/double D on this moment, and it runs in my family (female side ofcourse), my 2 sisters and my mother are the same in that kind of mother. But ehm, okay. I don't really care, I actually hate it.

Aether

Post by Aether » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:18 pm

AH! hahahahahahahahahaha!
And yes I guess so. Oh and well that explains it. Now I don't think you grew up next to some biological warfare testing facility. ^_^

jk