Questioning peoples looks...

Talk about anything you like

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

Peptalk

Questioning peoples looks...

Post by Peptalk » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:37 pm

I'm a female but i am not that into dressing up or putting on make-up. why?... i really don't know why i don't like it but people are always complaining on how plain i look and then when i do dress out they give me compliments like "your a million dollar women" or " you have beauty and brains" ?! i think it just surprises them how different i look and sometimes it gets annoying.
(the brains part comes from me being in second place as my schools highest GPA...)

What are your opinions on how a girl should look. Is it better for them to dress out or be plain?
Onee

SUUUPPPAAA

Re: Questioning peoples looks...

Post by SUUUPPPAAA » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:02 am

Are YOU happy with the way you look? Don't let others get you down over trivial stuff like looks. I'm not telling you not to shower ever again but just dress how you want and whatever makes you feel happiest haha. That's the key isn't it? How you feel about yourself. Me personally, also long as you keep up good hygiene, then any girl is pretty/beautiful in their own right. But some people think I'm dumb for saying that like a lot of my friends haha, to each their own though.

The spam has been deleted. --Ceta

Ceta
MWS moderator

Re: Questioning peoples looks...

Post by Ceta » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:44 am

I'm roughly in the same boat as SUUUPPPAAA. As long as the girl is well kept (by this I mean keeps herself clean and smelling nice), I don't mind whether she is the type to put on makeup or not. As for her clothes, while I do draw the line at anything that makes her look/smell like a slob, as long as she's comfortable any type of clothing is all right in my book. The only time I would really expect her to dress up and put on make-up would just be special occasions/events.

Anyway, my preferences aside, since you're still young I really don't think you need to worry about your appearance too much. When you're in school, studies come first and everything else second. (Not that it really needs to be said since it already seems like you've got your priorities straight.) As long as you're wearing what makes you comfortable, that's all that matters. Besides, your tastes and preferences in many things will most likely change as you grow older (I'm definitely proof of this), so just enjoy things as they happen. As they say, don't sweat the small stuff.