Talk about anything you like

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

Def Character
Mod-Squad Captain

Why do you like MWS?

Post by Def Character » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:15 pm

Every once in a while these questions returns... :wink:

• How did you end up up here?
• What do you think of our MWS galleria?
• What do you think of our MWS Forum?

Jamz

Post by Jamz » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:32 pm

Withen the first week of finding out what manga is, i googled it and came to here
the system is cool and basic, but it's just not my thing anymore
Pretty fun, shame its slightly in active. Might have to steal "art jams " from void and i think eatpoo does them too, but sexier
I use to have like 1500 posts T_T.......crap i need a life

konflikti

Re: Why do you like MWS?

Post by konflikti » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:03 pm

I was reading/watching some Sirkowskis stuff and he had link to here.

Nothing wrong with it. Rarely browse it anymore though.

Always open on my browser.
Why don't we share a solitude? Let's travel alone, together.

Dustin C.
Jounin Moderator

Post by Dustin C. » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:57 pm

well i wanted someplace to showcase my art in highschool, did a YAHOO search and found this place!

awesome, easy and good. i love looking for other cool artwork and stuff too, not to mention what people say about their stuff and the comments they leave for others. it's really helped me improve in my own art.

great place to be and make friends overseas. i could do without the spam-battles though. 0_0;;

Zephio
MWS moderator

Post by Zephio » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:55 pm

My friend actually suggested I join this site..but I waited a year before actually visiting it.

I like it. I appreciate the comments that help you out (unlike deviantart where no one says anything of importance). I like that the site is small too.

It's the first and only forum I'm a member of, so I can't compare it to anything else. It's not bad..but it's awesome to meet people over the seas (as Dustin said)

rabid panda

Post by rabid panda » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:12 am

sirkowkis stuff too

theres some pro level people on here. ive improved a lot from the comments people leave, at least the non "youre so awesome panda" ones

its amazing that a forum on the internet isnt comprised of a thousand ass easting fuck biscuits. but you guys arent as fun as the FYAD guys on SA. improve.

we shold have a flame forum too.

Touzoku-joou

Post by Touzoku-joou » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:11 am

I followed a link, I think posted by Saintarsenic on the FAC forums. I forget what the post was about, though. :B

Easy to browse and use, decent comment system, great artists. There are a few here and there that are waaay low-level (even lower than me, wow xD), but overall MWS seems to host mostly great artists without terrible InuYasha doodles clogging up the pages.

It could be a tad more active. I myself would probably post more if it were. xD But the people seem pretty cool. *still not a forum regular~*

Randomus

Post by Randomus » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:37 pm

I random chance I decided to look for people interested in manga
and this was my first pick.
Although I haven't looked through everyone's post I'm a tad dissapointed
with the average talent and imagination.
seems friendly, yet empty.
Nevertheless it seems like an interesting place.
:D

The Raging Spaniard
Awsome Moderator

Post by The Raging Spaniard » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:59 am

Yeah things were pretty active not too long ago, then people decided that they were too good for posting and just waited for me or Def to think of shit to talk about

So yeah, I was referred by Bee Chan years ago, the galleria is what it is, amateur art and the forums are inactive cause you fuckers are wankers
Xavier Garcia

Concept Artist

Portfolio
Twitter
Tumblr

Jamz

Post by Jamz » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:46 pm

The Raging Spaniard wrote:...and the forums are inactive cause you fuckers are wankers
That we are. :wink:
I use to have like 1500 posts T_T.......crap i need a life

Goci

Post by Goci » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:15 pm

A friend of mine told me about MWS back then. The forums were pretty lively and I used to upload new drawings regularly, but.. Yeah I don't really know, things died and I drew less and less and I never came back to the Gallery as well as to the Forums. :?

I think the Gallery as a concept is great. Maybe the forums don't really add anything to the active members in the Gallery.
Pink is my style. Image

dynastysat

Post by dynastysat » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:38 pm

The dark hell told me about it like, ever ago, so i signed up
The galleria is a very good concept, but sine i have a artist block as big as the sovjet-union ( or sum') i don't post anymore
The forums pretty cool, because of spanjard who's givin' us al kinds of interesting information about us being wankers
farts

sharlene_chan

Post by sharlene_chan » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:56 am

I ended up here after I found DeviantArt and sell all your works without you knowing. So I said "screw that" and left.

Ehh, its okay I suppose. Just joined but its cool

Looks exactly like JPOPMUSIC forums, so its fine.

Touzoku-joou

Post by Touzoku-joou » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:56 am

sharlene_chan wrote:• How did you end up up here?
I ended up here after I found DeviantArt and sell all your works without you knowing. So I said "screw that" and left.
This isn't actually true. Someone misenterpreted the legal jargon and threw a shitfit and everyone followed suit. Read:
"#5: Limitation Of Rights The rights and licenses granted to deviantART under sections 3 and 4 of this Agreement require deviantART to obtain Artist consent before deviantART makes any commercial agreement with anyone else to separately buy, license, re-sell or re-publish or commercially use any Artist Materials not in association with deviantART but as an individual work of art in isolation from any other works. No additional consent is required for any other licensed uses under this Agreement of Artist Materials either as part of the deviantART Site(s) or in connection with the distribution of content groups from the deviantART Site(s) and/or for uses of the Artist Materials made at the discretion of a visitor to the deviantART Site(s) or other users under agreements with deviantART. deviantART will contact Artist in writing about any individual commercial uses of Artist Materials instigated by deviantART."
YAY LEGALESE.

Raptoe
Moderator, the cruel one

Post by Raptoe » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:00 pm

Some of my pals sell stuff through DA and have sold stuff.. But they frew dicontent with the fact that the rules have changed 15 times now and the ammount that DA gets is getting higher and higher. Esp. after the old management was kicked.

One of the reasosn why I went inactive there, it became more about the money. Or at least it became more obvious that it was about the money.