Well crud! Steve Irwin

Talk about anything you like

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

Bee-chan

Well crud! Steve Irwin

Post by Bee-chan » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:33 am

Copied and pasted from my AIM conversation earlier with Guillermo...

"Steve was a crazy caffinated awesome of all awesomes kind of guy. I think he would want people to remember him as being the fun loving adventurous crazy smart wacky but serious when he needs to be guy. I wouldn't want to remember him any other way than what he was."

What better place to show an article from than his home channel here in the US, Animal Planet?

Article from Animal Planet's website

Ma told me about Steve Irwin and the sting ray about an hour and a half ago, while we were having dinner at the ITC China Buffet. It took all I had to keep from crying right there in the restuarant, but I was shaken badly.

And by the looks of things, meaning from reading other peoples LJ, DA posts, forum posts, new reports from places whom wouldn't normally post about a celebs death, its shaken a HUGE amount of people as well. He gained more respect and love just for being himself and helping out animals in need.

Spub is right, it does almost feel like a little bit of an insult that it was a sting ray that got him and not a crocodile or snake, HOWEVER... he was doing what he loved. And even more, he was doing it for someone he loved, his little daughter, Bindi. If his death had been caused by anything other than an animal, THAT would have been insulting.

I used to watch Croc Files, the Crocodile Hunter and his many other shows whenever I got a chance to, as Animal Planet is one on the programmed top channels on my satelight box. Used to think while watching his shows, 'Holy crud, man, he's freaking crazy! YES! HEHEHEHEHEEEHH!! X3". But when he became dead serious, during a croc move, handling poisonous animals, dealing with his staff, it was almost hypnotyzing. I don't even think God splitting the Earth in two would have been able to distract Steve Irwin when he was dealing with a potentially dangerous creature. His mind just seemed THAT focused, so neither he or his staff or wife was hurt much during these times.

And you know something? He and many others were and are right. If you or someone else are hurt by an animal, it really is NOT the animals fault. There is always always ALWAYS a human element. Animals do what they do for a reason, and if you're not paying attention and keeping full control of the animal, that is your fault, NOT the animals fault. Think of it like a pack. You are supposed to be pack leader and in full control of the situation and keeping your own safety and the safety of others in mind. If ya don't, you're screwed. And it isn't the animals fault. Period.

Anyway, I ramble again ^^;.

Steve, you will be missed IMMENSELY!! Terri, Bindi, Bob, please know Steve was loved and respected by just about everyone he's ever come across, people whom have watched his shows, and the people and animals he's helped through out the years. As is tradition in my family, whenever someone we care about goes on a long trip, we'll ring a bell for you all.

~~Bee

Def Character
Mod-Squad Captain

Post by Def Character » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:17 am

I to loved his daring and respectfull approach to the animal kingdom.
Indeed what irony that a man who could handle killer Croc has been overcome by a fish (family of the shark).
--- My condolances to his family ---

The Raging Spaniard
Awsome Moderator

Post by The Raging Spaniard » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:39 am

Usually Id feel pretty bad about something like this, but you know what, Steve?

I dont feel so sorry anymore
Xavier Garcia

Concept Artist

Portfolio
Twitter
Tumblr

Zephio
MWS moderator

Post by Zephio » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:45 am

This makes me sad.

Dustin C.
Jounin Moderator

Post by Dustin C. » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:33 pm

i heard on the news yesterday that his wife terri, was hiking in another area of the world and she didnt even know yet! (she may know by now, i'm not sure)

he even had a movie too. :cry:

rabid panda

Post by rabid panda » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:41 pm

not to be a dick but nobody is immortal.

The Raging Spaniard
Awsome Moderator

Post by The Raging Spaniard » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:50 pm

rabid panda wrote:not to be a dick but nobody is immortal.
Its OK, when you die we wont make a topic then.

Better?
Xavier Garcia

Concept Artist

Portfolio
Twitter
Tumblr

rabid panda

Post by rabid panda » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:51 pm

The Raging Spaniard wrote:Its OK, when you die we wont make a topic then.

Better?
word

Jamz

Post by Jamz » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:24 pm

It didn't come as a shock, but damn, he seemed like a decent guy if you put your hand over trs post. :?
I use to have like 1500 posts T_T.......crap i need a life

Dustin C.
Jounin Moderator

Post by Dustin C. » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:28 pm

heres a good article if you want to read it. some good pics too.
http://tv.ign.com/articles/730/730431p1.html

his spirit will live on.
sorry, i know i'm a dick for posting it.

Kichiro

Post by Kichiro » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:33 am

The Raging Spaniard wrote:Usually Id feel pretty bad about something like this, but you know what, Steve?

I dont feel so sorry anymore
Kind of a useless post. >< That guy had experience with crocs from what like 8years of age. Didn't die from a croc attack. So I think that guy knows how to handle them. And because a baby is involved people go fuck him he's evil and stupid. Like the croc is going to go.. "I smell babymeat, I will now radically change my behaviour". Also the baby is held in his left arm. Me would think that if the croc were to attack he would turn around to put himself between the baby and the croc.

And you know a little respect for the deceased never hurt anyone. Your making it sound like it's manslaughter or some other vile criminal act. While nobody got hurt. for a reason.

RIP Croc Hunter.
---------------------------------------------
If, by some incredible space-time paradox, Chuck Norris would ever fight himself, he'd win. Period.

The Raging Spaniard
Awsome Moderator

Post by The Raging Spaniard » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:45 pm

Wow, youre dumb.

Learn how to read, come back and then read my post again. I didnt say "fuck him", I didn say I wasnt sorry. I just dont respect anybody who would put a baby near danger, no matter how skilled they are at their job.

So yeah, sure, he died. Bummer. Im just not gonna be particularly mournful about this one
Xavier Garcia

Concept Artist

Portfolio
Twitter
Tumblr

Kichiro

Post by Kichiro » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:06 pm

Before you go saying people are dumb and should read better.... don't make the same mistake. Could be considered even dumber.

I didn't say you said fuck him... >< I said people as in "in general".

And "I don't feel so sorry anymore" can be misinterpreted. Be clearer if you don't want to be misunderstood.

Just saying that a creature with a brain the size of a wallnut is pretty predictable. And how can you judge how dangerous it was?

edit:

Anyway. The point is you might feel less sorry because of that act. Which is in itself shortsighted. But anyway. Your saying I'm less sorry that he died than I was before... or when he wouldn't have done that. It's just that that guy also had 2 children and a wife. Your also saying I'm less sorry about them losing a father and husband. That's what such a statement says. Unintentional probably. But still.
---------------------------------------------
If, by some incredible space-time paradox, Chuck Norris would ever fight himself, he'd win. Period.

lotsofblood

Post by lotsofblood » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:45 pm

aw comon.. i know im not one to talk in this kind of situation but dont turn this noble topic into utter shit show some respect
"The handsome hero always wins!" -Dark Schneider

The Raging Spaniard
Awsome Moderator

Post by The Raging Spaniard » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:20 pm

Kichiro wrote:Before you go saying people are dumb and should read better.... don't make the same mistake. Could be considered even dumber.

I didn't say you said fuck him... >< I said people as in "in general".

And "I don't feel so sorry anymore" can be misinterpreted. Be clearer if you don't want to be misunderstood.

Just saying that a creature with a brain the size of a wallnut is pretty predictable. And how can you judge how dangerous it was?

edit:

Anyway. The point is you might feel less sorry because of that act. Which is in itself shortsighted. But anyway. Your saying I'm less sorry that he died than I was before... or when he wouldn't have done that. It's just that that guy also had 2 children and a wife. Your also saying I'm less sorry about them losing a father and husband. That's what such a statement says. Unintentional probably. But still.
No its not unintentional. Better to have no dad than somebody whos gonna put you in jeopardy like that.

Im not saying the way I feel is the right way to feel, matter of fact I dont give a fuck. Like I said, sure, he died, Id rather he didnt .... but my opinion its not as black and white as you seem to categorize it.
Xavier Garcia

Concept Artist

Portfolio
Twitter
Tumblr