E3

Talk about anything you like

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

lotsofblood
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by lotsofblood » Fri May 19, 2006 9:25 pm

of course i will go for a ps3 coz of the ridiculous number of violent games it will probably have AND final fantasy, having final fantasy on your console makes it sell more than a console with 48 super cool gadgets, i am glad thought that sony stole the other console's technologic idea, so what you just said is that theres going to be a weird controler with sensors just like wii but for ps3?? if square makes a rpg like game with big katanas that uses this sensor technology i think i might die of excitement...really...
"The handsome hero always wins!" -Dark Schneider

Dustin C.
Jounin Moderator

Post by Dustin C. » Fri May 19, 2006 9:35 pm

trs i read on ign that the wii, i'm not sure but i may have my info wrong, will play sega ports as well?

and also i have a question for everyone.

ZELDA: TP
Cube or Wii?
which will you get?

The Raging Spaniard
Awsome Moderator

Post by The Raging Spaniard » Fri May 19, 2006 9:53 pm

lotsofblood wrote:of course i will go for a ps3 coz of the ridiculous number of violent games it will probably have AND final fantasy, having final fantasy on your console makes it sell more than a console with 48 super cool gadgets, i am glad thought that sony stole the other console's technologic idea, so what you just said is that theres going to be a weird controler with sensors just like wii but for ps3?? if square makes a rpg like game with big katanas that uses this sensor technology i think i might die of excitement...really...
Noooo, youre confused.

The ps3, as of now, has a very poorly implemented motion sensor on the controller. Meaning that if youre playing a flying game and you steer top the left, your plane will steer to the left because the controller reads its angle and knows its inclinating to one side. The Wii has all that PLUS the pointing at the screen and doing way more complex motions such as swinging.

Also, if you know anything about numbers youll find out that Final Fantasy is not the reason why a console sells. Squaresoft just picks thre system that they think will sell the most units. Maybe in Japan its a more deciding factor )eventhough Dragon Quest sells waaaay better in Japan than FF) but as far as worldwide sells go, its all about overall game quality, in which the PS1 and 2 execlled at ... even if the hardware sucked.

Ah, Dustin. Nintendo has Sega and NEC's support for the Virtual Console so yeah, big chances youll see a lot of Sega games made for the Genesis, Saturn and Turbografx on the Wii (dunno about third party titles made for those systems though)
Xavier Garcia

Concept Artist

Portfolio
Twitter
Tumblr

Jamz
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Jamz » Fri May 19, 2006 11:39 pm

The Raging Spaniard wrote: Ah, Dustin. Nintendo has Sega and NEC's support for the Virtual Console so yeah, big chances youll see a lot of Sega games made for the Genesis, Saturn and Turbografx on the Wii (dunno about third party titles made for those systems though)
..I just creamed my pants. Nintendo just bitch slaped Sony with a wet fish with that feature.

Unless PS3 is going to be the same pric as the Wii I'm getting the Wii first. I sould really look at its game line up for the Wii though as all the games I want are on PS3. its just the "fun factor" on Wii system that is making me love it more and more.

Is it me or is the next gen consoles:

Wii: "Gameplay"
PS3: "Graphics"
Xbox 360: "Bit of both"
I use to have like 1500 posts T_T.......crap i need a life

lotsofblood

Post by lotsofblood » Fri May 19, 2006 11:50 pm

a very poorly implemented motion sensor on the controller? man that sucks... i thought there was going to be the same controller than the wii but with sony on it :( you cant always get what you want like the stones said, i really dont know wich one to buy wii or ps3...i guess ill see later when they both have at least a hundred games
"The handsome hero always wins!" -Dark Schneider

bloodyspasm

Post by bloodyspasm » Sat May 20, 2006 3:03 pm

The Raging Spaniard wrote:So how exactly are you gonna get into E3? Its not the easiest thing, you know? Well, except if you work for Blockbuster or some shit
aside from the fact that I work in a video- en cardgame store and occasionally write articles for a belgian game site, the main thing I've got going for me would be my wins in MTG:O. top 10 from each country get invitations, but only one or maybe 2 of those 10 really do go to the expo.

I'd also really like to work for a game magasine, writing reviews and stuff like that. but when I got the chance to become a journalist i declined and instead started studying as website and game developer.
(wich isn't going all that well actually, flash is really hard to learn when your teacher sucks and you don't have the time to study for it because of other tasks)

and if I don't manage to get to go to the E3, there'll always be the belgian game expo wich I went to this year (and placed 9th in a magic tournament of over 250 people)

maybe everyone has already seen this but:

http://dl4.dumpalink.com/media/FxAfThf6 ... m8bbhj.wmv

Dustin C.
Jounin Moderator

Post by Dustin C. » Fri May 26, 2006 12:40 pm

"under $250, nintendo says..."
chaeck the full article here