MW History

Talk about anything you like

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

Saintarsenic

MW History

Post by Saintarsenic » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:15 am

I personally thought that this site was less than a year old.

Because most of the people I see had joined the forum sometime last year and most forums are usually made concurrent to the mainsite.

But after TRS mentioned "three" years, I'm curious as to when the site was made and what the site went through.

Anyone wants to fill me in?

FirstBorn
The Big Cheese

Re: MW History

Post by FirstBorn » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:30 am

Saintarsenic wrote:I personally thought that this site was less than a year old.

Because most of the people I see had joined the forum sometime last year and most forums are usually made concurrent to the mainsite.

But after TRS mentioned "three" years, I'm curious as to when the site was made and what the site went through.

Anyone wants to fill me in?
The website first saw light in january 2001 (!).

I wanted to copy & paste a post I once did on the history of Mangaworkshop, but I couldn't find it. =_=

In short: I wanted to be a better artist and made a website with my art and people could comment on it. Others wanted to join. I uploaded all by hand, but got tired of it, so I automated the website. Since then a lot of people came. Now we have a 3rd version of the website and I'm working hard on a 4th version.

Dustin C.
Jounin Moderator

Post by Dustin C. » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:54 pm

why not post a link to that "waybackmachine" thing where you can view all webpages ever.

FirstBorn
The Big Cheese

Post by FirstBorn » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:39 pm

Dustin C. wrote:why not post a link to that "waybackmachine" thing where you can view all webpages ever.
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://mangaworkshop.net/

Harm

Post by Harm » Wed May 10, 2006 11:24 pm

Oh yeah! got the link back! I just love that site!
And mangaworkshop to of course ^_~

I found some member names on the 1st log that they made Zeiroid is still active ^_^
And we even had a download section, real mangaworkshop wallpapers! Do bad I couldn't download them from the web archive.

I wonder how many old-timers are still active? Not very much of the MWN version 1 I think. Aida was always an active member among a couple of others. Btw. did you know she now works at Studio Micha Klein? That's a big-ass Dutch Photographer.

Ah well, time passes by, people move on ^_^

Zephio
MWS moderator

Post by Zephio » Thu May 11, 2006 1:16 am

that is quite possibly the coolest thing ive seen in a long time. nice to see how the site has changed

lotsofblood

Post by lotsofblood » Thu May 11, 2006 2:05 am

whoa thats neat
"The handsome hero always wins!" -Dark Schneider

Goci

Post by Goci » Thu May 11, 2006 7:45 pm

Furthermore, reason why nearly all of the forum members joined last year is because FB created a new forum (and deleted the old one, which I feel sorry about sometimes). Ye olde CuteCast forum.. *snif*
Pink is my style. Image

Bee-chan

Post by Bee-chan » Thu May 11, 2006 9:51 pm

wow... man, September 2002, when I first joined originally. It jumped from under 30 members to the massive list there is today! YIKES!

Way too cool to see the old stuff again ^^;.

~~Bee

lotsofblood

Post by lotsofblood » Fri May 12, 2006 4:24 am

how did you guys find this site back then? ..i dont even remember how i found it and it was only 3 months ago or so...i think i searched for a manga tutorial site and ended up on mangaworkshop on google's 10th page something like that
"The handsome hero always wins!" -Dark Schneider

rabid panda

Post by rabid panda » Fri May 12, 2006 6:48 am

i found this site threw voodoo rituals and virgin sacrifices

konflikti

Post by konflikti » Fri May 12, 2006 11:28 am

I came from Sirkowskis site I think. Joined the forum somewhat later than the main site, which was maybe November or december of 2002... I think.
Why don't we share a solitude? Let's travel alone, together.

nightwind

Post by nightwind » Fri May 12, 2006 12:40 pm

I found it while I was "googling" on manga art sites ^^ since the site I used to be a member of wasn't fun at all anymore!
Go! Go! Banana's! wO.Ot

Harm

Post by Harm » Fri May 12, 2006 2:40 pm

I also found MWN while searching for tutorials.
But it took a while before I actually joined.
A long time ago I stumbled on the MWN on my quest for tutorials, but because it wasn't what I was looking for I left only minutes later.
A while later I came across MWN again, but it had changed and I didn't reconise, so I left again.
Later I again found MWN - must have been fate ^_^ - and I joined.
*searches through a pile of old artwork*
The first image I posted was of 22-06-2001. I'm not sure exactly when but I joined the forum shortly afterwards.

And right now when I go on the internet the very first page I visit is Mangaworkshop ^_^

Bee-chan

Post by Bee-chan » Fri May 12, 2006 6:01 pm

lotsofblood wrote:how did you guys find this site back then? ..i dont even remember how i found it and it was only 3 months ago or so...i think i searched for a manga tutorial site and ended up on mangaworkshop on google's 10th page something like that
Actually Aida brought me here. She and I were both on Yiffnet Attic way back then, and she told me about this other online gallery that was more friendly to our styles called Mangaworkshop *on Yiffnet Attic, if you're not one of the more popular anthro artists, FORGET IT, you were lucky if your work even got a blink*. So I made the move over here. Left for a little bit, I think it didn't even equal a few months, then signed back up here because to this very DAY, this is STILL the one place I really feel most at home.

~~Bee