Where to draw the line considering mild nudity artwork...

Talk about anything you like

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

Az

Post by Az » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:27 pm

rabid panda wrote:
Az wrote:Brickwall Fish, Desty's work is classified as tasteful
well that brings us to the point of this thread. why is desty work classified as tasteful and mine isnt? both me and him have posted pictures containing female nudity, the only difference is that he chooses to draw in pubic hair where as i dont. so is pubic hair the def of tasteful? at least to me thats a pretty crappy place to draw the line.
haven't bothered to look at your stuff man, so stop crying.
VERY good point, TRS!
lululu luk @ me im on the internets

The Raging Spaniard
Awsome Moderator

Post by The Raging Spaniard » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:07 pm

thanks! Drawing naked dudes and dudettes for about 4 years gives you some perspective on the matter, you know.

Not that Im against hentai on the site, thats a different matter altogether
Xavier Garcia

Concept Artist

Portfolio
Twitter
Tumblr

rabid panda

Post by rabid panda » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:40 pm

The Raging Spaniard wrote:You guys should just listen to whatever the fuck I say, and Panda is acting like a little bitch anyways
little bitch? nobody ever sends you a nasty gram when you upload shit. all you ever hear is *slurp slurp* the spaniard is soooooo great.

Brickwallfish

Post by Brickwallfish » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:26 pm

*deleted*
Last edited by Brickwallfish on Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Raging Spaniard
Awsome Moderator

Post by The Raging Spaniard » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:22 pm

rabid panda wrote:....
little bitch? nobody ever sends you a nasty gram when you upload shit. all you ever hear is *slurp slurp* the spaniard is soooooo great.
Mmm? No, not really, I even got some comments about my stuff being "out of hand" once, when I was posting some nudes.

The difference is that I didnt explode and acted like a bitchy ass primma-donna and "threaten" to leave the site.

Wanna get more comments? Get better, follow crits or draw fanart.

Dont like the rules? Leave

Will we miss you if you leave? Probably not

Will your art suffer if you leave? Most probably

Are you really acting like a bitch? Yes
Xavier Garcia

Concept Artist

Portfolio
Twitter
Tumblr

Zephio
MWS moderator

Post by Zephio » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:48 pm

Exactly when the hell did this topic become a rant-and-rave free-for-all bashing of eachother's artwork?

the word "tasteful" doesn't change anything on the matter of someone wearing or not wearing clothing. It's full nudity if nothing is on. Mild if some parts are covered. Being "tasteful" allows loopholes that are going to be found (and have been already) and people playing "favorites" (which obviously has happened).

The line is very simple, some people just need to learn to respect that line. If you want to do something more hardcore, send it to another site, or to the forums.

rabid panda

Post by rabid panda » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:00 am

The Raging Spaniard wrote:
rabid panda wrote:
The Raging Spaniard wrote:You guys should just listen to whatever the fuck I say, and Panda is acting like a little bitch anyways
Mmm? No, not really, I even got some comments about my stuff being "out of hand" once, when I was posting some nudes.

The difference is that I didnt explode and acted like a bitchy ass primma-donna and "threaten" to leave the site.

Wanna get more comments? Get better, follow crits or draw fanart.

Dont like the rules? Leave

Will we miss you if you leave? Probably not

Will your art suffer if you leave? Most probably

Are you really acting like a bitch? Yes
is trs a douche bag for the above? yes

dude youre not that good, so get off your high horse. i was just bringing up a valid point.

Jamz

Post by Jamz » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:18 am

rabid panda wrote:...
is trs a douche bag for the above? yes

dude youre not that good, so get off your high horse. i was just bringing up a valid point.
*trys to hold TRS back from a massive flame* its not worth it man =__=;;

look rabid, your not ganna win an arguement against TRS. i've tried....MANY TIMES! so seriously, just let it go.

TRS isn't the all mighty god at drawing and he knows it, thats why he is here, on MWS, he's here for the same reasons as you and me, to learn.

yes TRS is a douche bag, but he has a reason to be and if he changed it would suck, you would get no REAL comments on your work, no art rants that acterly make sense and no funny ass comments by him about getting pissed at a small issue that most people would ignore.

so you two....kiss and make up :twisted:
I use to have like 1500 posts T_T.......crap i need a life

The Raging Spaniard
Awsome Moderator

Post by The Raging Spaniard » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:54 pm

sure I´m a douche! So what? Is what I spoke of less truthful because of that? Youre just getting defensive because you dont get the support youre hoping for.

and this:

"dude youre not that good, so get off your high horse. i was just bringing up a valid point."

Do you realize that I have not brought up at all my artwork here except to pose an example? Where did I say that I was the best? Where? Hell, if anything you brought it up first by claming favoritism. Shit dude, even if I sucked ass I would have said the same thing and proof of that is that I never actually talked about the quality of your work! Hell, you could be the next goddamn Picasso and I still would have called you a bitch because of your goddamn attitude.

Not that I expect a little bitchass like you to understand anyways, only inmature brats would call out a base for an argument to be or not to be good at drawing. The only thing ever discussed here was nudity and you getting all riled up because they (and by "they" I mean the people who dictate the rules) told you not to do something.
Xavier Garcia

Concept Artist

Portfolio
Twitter
Tumblr

Dustin C.
Jounin Moderator

Post by Dustin C. » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:33 pm

panda, chill dude. your good, he's good, your both good!
just let it go man.

Harm

Post by Harm » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:23 pm

Uh oh, someone unleashed the beast *_*'

I think now its time to call it quits and get back to the nudity topic.

Goci

Post by Goci » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:53 pm

Right. Well, considering the term "mild nudity": in a mild-nudity picture, I expect to see covered genitals or just their outlines, without any specific details.
But it's not necessary to use the term; prohibiting nudity will allow these kind of pictures as well, because it's no nudity. People will try to get to the limits as close as possible anyway.
Pink is my style. Image

bloodyspasm

Post by bloodyspasm » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:09 am

got an idea here, since showing genitalia is now clearly forbidden...
(unless covered in pink fur :?: :? ).
If you really wanna post the full artwork, post a censored one on mws and put a link in your art description wich leads to a picture on your own site for example...
so you could still get the comments you would like to get (about the entire picture)

isn't that a viable idea? *just sugesting*

:wink:

Def Character
Mod-Squad Captain

Post by Def Character » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:57 pm

bloodyspasm wrote:.....isn't that a viable idea? *just sugesting*

F*cking Briljant... :D

bloodyspasm

Post by bloodyspasm » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:15 am

Def Character wrote:
bloodyspasm wrote:.....isn't that a viable idea? *just sugesting*

F*cking Briljant... :D
and now I'm sitting here, hoping def c. isn't the kind of person who uses sarcasm as his main source of humour ^^

8)