Feature Creeps

Talk about anything you like

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

The Raging Spaniard
Awsome Moderator

Feature Creeps

Post by The Raging Spaniard » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:44 am

Hi guys, I kind of hate to plug myself and shit, but hey, its a slow forum nowadays, so whatevs.

I just recently joined a bunch of my friends at EA and started writing some articles for Feature Creeps. Its a game industry blog where each of us talks about different subject matters (art, design, animation, engineering, etc)

My first piece is up, talking about the main differences between being an amateur and a professional artist, please give it a look and add the site to your twitter or rss readers. Its good stuff I swear :)
Xavier Garcia

Concept Artist

Portfolio
Twitter
Tumblr

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:50 pm

Went through quite a few of the articles just a little while ago and liked what I read. I'll be sure to subscribe as soon as I can remember how to access my Google Reader account. (Haven't used that thing in ages....)

major banana

Post by major banana » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:55 pm

Interesting part about how it's only the artist's art when he's at home. I'm not a pro because of that reason, i want to make my art and not what someone tells me to make, it's too personal and that wouldn't get me far, career wise. Too bad for those professional artists who never realize that. I don't see it as a problem to evolve as a hobby artist though, actually its a benefit to make your art personal. Who cares if nobody likes it then, it doesn't need to sell or pay bills. It just has to fulfill your own criteria to be a success.

The Raging Spaniard
Awsome Moderator

Post by The Raging Spaniard » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:33 am

Ceta wrote:Went through quite a few of the articles just a little while ago and liked what I read. I'll be sure to subscribe as soon as I can remember how to access my Google Reader account. (Haven't used that thing in ages....)
You access it with your gmail user and password, silly :P The you click on the reader tab inside google
Xavier Garcia

Concept Artist

Portfolio
Twitter
Tumblr

gatrosk

Post by gatrosk » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:31 pm

Oooh, interesting! I'll definitely have to peep this.
Fate rarely calls upon us at the moment of our choosing. - Optimus Prime

The Raging Spaniard
Awsome Moderator

Post by The Raging Spaniard » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:07 pm

Hey just wanted to give you guys a heads-up, we got a bunch of new content, including me ranting about Fighting games and how important they are to game design :)
Xavier Garcia

Concept Artist

Portfolio
Twitter
Tumblr