love hina
21%
other
21%

Total votes: 14

sixtem

Re: anime

Post by sixtem » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:45 am

kirarakitty wrote:Yes, I guess I am a moron for not understanding FLCL, but I just can't stand to watch it, most people find it funny but I just dont like that kind of humor.
You have to really like FLCL to understand it. It's very Japanese humor so some people can't get into it.

nightwind

Post by nightwind » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:36 am

full metal alchemist: don´t know the series.... but I would like to see them!

bleach: I´ve seen one episode and I like it!

naruto: Great series! I like it lots! (havent seen that much but like it anyway)

.hack: I have part one and two of the game and the dvd´s that came with the game are awesome!

love hina: Ive seen all episodes of the first season and I totally love the series!!!

other: I like detective Conan, Inu Yasha, Medabots (I know!!!! sorry!), Hellsing and some others witch I can´t remember right now...
Go! Go! Banana's! wO.Ot

Dustin C.
Jounin Moderator

Post by Dustin C. » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:00 pm

sixtem wrote:brutily violated it in the ass with a plunger.
yeah didnt you know, all the animation studios have the ass-violating-plungers nowadays. love hina, cowboy beebop, fma, full metal panic, and even some more of them.

The Raging Spaniard
Awsome Moderator

Post by The Raging Spaniard » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:50 pm

since youre all stupid fuckers:

- Wikipedia can say whatever they fuck they want, FMA was anime before it was manga, although I dont see why that would mean the anime is better. Its a stupid thought. I like the anime and I havent read the manga, although for the amount of episodes the anime has, the development is good, the fights decent and the animation on par

- FLCL is my favorite anime by far (Im not counting Miyazaki movies), but I understand its not for everybody. Even if you do not understand the story though (a metaphor of a boy coming to age), you have to admire the fights and the amazing mix of art direction and musical timing, the sountrack is stellar (mostly instrumental versions of a best-of The Pillows songs). All in all, for 6 episodes worth, even if you dont like it, youll get soemthign out of it without much effort included.

- Naruto is going trough a necessary evil right now, cant do much else until the manga gets a bit more ahead (fillers till April, folks!) but the last saga was by far my favorite, episode 133 was the single most amazing tv animation Ive ever seen, and the Chuunin Saga? Weakest part yet in my opinion because that had the most flashbacks, the most drawn out moments and the worst animation/drawing, and the Gaara fight was just a fucking drag. The Tsunade saga was far more interesting and meaningful, and the Ssuke saga was amazingly varied and climactic. Cant wait till the series gets on the current manga arc

- Bleach is definitely coming along, the first 10 episodes were boring and insipid but ever since shit went down and Rukia "left" the show things kicked off in a MAYOR way! Chad is fucking awesome, the animation.. if limited sets a good atmosphere and the music is mostly awesome all around (except that song were that chick starts singing.. what the fuck were they thinking?) Another good thing is that the show doesnt take itself seriously at all times, and that the cast of characters is amazingly vast, diverse and well taken care of. Definitely welcome change of pace after all the Dragon Ball fiasco

Ill review some more series later
Xavier Garcia

Concept Artist

Portfolio
Twitter
Tumblr

sixtem

Post by sixtem » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:28 am

The Raging Spaniard wrote:- Wikipedia can say whatever they fuck they want, FMA was anime before it was manga, although I dont see why that would mean the anime is better. Its a stupid thought. I like the anime and I havent read the manga, although for the amount of episodes the anime has, the development is good, the fights decent and the animation on par
I agreed with everything else you said (like you care) except the FMA thing. Y'know why? It's not a matter of opinion, it's fact dipshit. THE MANGA CAME FIRST. Every review I've read, everything I've seen on it says the manga came first. Only difference is, the manga wasn't nearly as popular as the anime. People saw the anime then went back and read the manga.

Just because the anime was more popular, doesn't mean it came first.

Kichiro

Post by Kichiro » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:22 am

Exactly. And the reason why the anime was ahead of the manga. Well the manga only comes out once a month. Can't exactly bring out a weekly episode then and follow the manga at the same time when it hasn't been written. So it's not the anime is finished already and reached that episode before the manga did... so the anime came first. Because it didn't.
---------------------------------------------
If, by some incredible space-time paradox, Chuck Norris would ever fight himself, he'd win. Period.

The Raging Spaniard
Awsome Moderator

Post by The Raging Spaniard » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:24 pm

did some more research, turns out that sixtem was right!
FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST began in 2000 in the pages of renowned video game manufacturer Square Enix’s monthly RPG (role playing game) manga magazine, Shonen Gangan. The popularity of manga, which is still ongoing, inspired the 51-episode anime series and a vast collection of related merchandise that include video games, action figures, apparel and a trading card game. A FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST video game for PS2 was released domestically in January 2005 by Square Enix and a full-length feature movie is now in production for future release.
My apologies :)
Xavier Garcia

Concept Artist

Portfolio
Twitter
Tumblr

bloodyspasm

Post by bloodyspasm » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:09 pm

that full length movie is already released...
I downloaded it from limewire yesterday...

Dustin C.
Jounin Moderator

Post by Dustin C. » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:06 pm

just wondering. does al ever get his body back?
(i've only watched enough to kinda understand whats going on.)

The Raging Spaniard
Awsome Moderator

Post by The Raging Spaniard » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:20 pm

Dustin C. wrote:just wondering. does al ever get his body back?
(i've only watched enough to kinda understand whats going on.)
wow, so you want somebody to spoil the whole show/story for you and you want an open answer?

come on, you should know better, in any case kids remember to warn for spoilers :D
Xavier Garcia

Concept Artist

Portfolio
Twitter
Tumblr

Goci

Post by Goci » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:33 am

Whoa, I never saw any of these series. Only pictures on the net..
But I do have 24 episodes of Chobits! :D
Pink is my style. Image

bloodyspasm

Post by bloodyspasm » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:45 pm

I've just finished watching 5 of the episodes of FLCL...
Funny, yes...but, I don't quite get it :?
what's up with things coming out of everybody's head all of a sudden?

trinity blood looks like it cool too, I've only seen one episode, but from what I've seen...
it almost looks like fullmetal alchemist artwise, even some of the outfits , so I guess it's from the same creator.

Gantz is a very weird show, I've only seen 2 episodes, and it has a cool matrix-feel to it, but the story's a bit too far-fetched

Elfen lied is a well-balanced anime.
good art
lots of action
lots of gore
and ofcourse , boobs.
but WTF is up with that title, in Dutch writing it would mean Song Of Elves or something like that...*weird*

and Get Backers is okay too, But I had seen lots of those episodes on a french version of canal+

(I've been downloading a lot of animes, so If you got any more sugestions, let me hear them)
(next up---> naruto)

Dustin C.
Jounin Moderator

Post by Dustin C. » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:50 am

bloodyspasm wrote:I've just finished watching 5 of the episodes of FLCL...
Funny, yes...but, I don't quite get it :?
what's up with things coming out of everybody's head all of a sudden?
NO

seriously, its called N.O. its what happens when the right and left sides of the brain create an interdimensional portal that can transprt things across the universe. man, i could write a book detailing all the info about the show, but gainex has already done that.

watch flcl 50 times, and you'll start to get it.

DAICON V

Az

Post by Az » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:44 pm

I actually read the two manga volumes once and I pretty much got it. Some blanks left, though, would be nice to have the explanatory Gainax book :3
lululu luk @ me im on the internets

bloodyspasm

Post by bloodyspasm » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:44 am

for everyone who's interested in fma; watch the movie.
seriously , it clears up a whole lot, and I like the ending of the movie way better than the ending of the series (wich plain sucked in my opinion).

you can get it pretty much everywhere on downloadsites now, it's called conquerer of shambala.