Attention! [Important Notice]

Talk about anything you like

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

User avatar
Savage Hunter
Posts: 188
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:45 pm
Location: My Happy Place.

Post by Savage Hunter » Thu May 21, 2009 11:17 am

That is not a weaboo. It's excessive love of all things Japanese, generally for no other reason then the fact they come from Japan. That is a trait as profoundly annoying as it is stupid and those having it are worthy of derision.
hmm, I think then, my argument is flawed. Indeed, Weaboo is an unessecary term just like emo, I see that those who follow that path of thinking should probably be beat to death (by that I mean Weaboos), however, I find no need to demonize them. Just dislike and avoid them. Its demonizing those who are ignorant that gets youth in trouble, I've noticed.
Hmm...
Hating Weaboos = Hating someone for personality traits that are an accurate reflection of their intellect and personality.
Racism = Hating someone for genetic circumstances wholly beyond their control which have absolutely no bearing on their intellect, personality, or moral character.


No. I'm not seeing you there.

If you met a Weaboo that, by some grace of god, was not talking about Japan all day, and was an intelligent, well-spoken, normal person, then found out he was a Weaboo, that would not be "Hating someone for personality traits that are an accurate reflection of their intellect and personality." It would just be dumb. Hating some Weaboo who was actually intelligent would make you an idiot.
Not really. That's actually racism. Liking one race more than others is kind of the definition of racism. And, you know, there's also the fact that the culture being adored is responsible for heinous crimes against humanity and continues to be a xenophobic and dehumanizing culture. There's that.
I could get into a whole debate about Japan and whatnot, however I'm just putting a bit. Its not adored for its heinous crimes. Its adored for its technology, its cartoons, and culture, Also, heres a hypothetical question: If you met a girl, she was cute, she was nice, she was smart, she was just your type, one-in-a-kind, and near perfect, then found out that she robbed a few houses, would you still go out with her?
If a person loved and adored the Viking culture and thought theirs was a good model for all of humanity, yes I absolutely would hate this person and regard them as a psychopath. Also I am unaware of the Czechs preforming vivisection of live human beings, and while I confess to be largely ignorant of modern Czech culture something tells me that they are not nearly as misogynistic, collectivist, or xenophobic as Japan.

Furthermore, again, the Weaboo sentiment is not "Japan is an interesting place with a fascinating history and intriguing culture." That is an acceptable, reasonable, and healthy outlook. The Weaboo outlook is "Japan is the best place, I love Japan, and almost anything that comes from Japan is automatically good simply because it is Japanese, and furthermore anything not from Japan is automatically inferior." This is an unreasonable, insulting, and annoying outlook.
Well, I'll agree that an extremely large part of Imperial Japan was royally fucked up (if you'll pardon my pun). But no, America was not racist or mysoginistic, or collective in its early years either. I see.

Xenophobia is I will agree, largely a bad thing. However, I will agree that Japan was Xenophobic, if you'll agree that extremely large parts of America are almost always xenophobic racists when immigrants come to town. These people who hate the illegal (and sometimes legal) immigrants from Mexico, or Korea, or Vietnam. No one hates them, huh? Japan was Xenophobic for a long time. However, as far as I know, many Japanese are no longer Xenophobic.

What you, by your moral perception percieve as bad, is not so harmful to others. However, vivisection, by any moral degree, is fucked up. However, focusing on the negative things is what pulls people apart. If you look at your family, and only focus on the negative things (not looking at the good things whatsoever), and actually see bad things that your family might have done (no offense intended, this is hypthetical, in a way) then you start to realize then, that they are not so great. Look at the good things. America has done some pretty bad things too. Just not too bodys. They rip up lives, and hopes, and dreams. It doesn't look as gruesome, but its still evil.
No, we, or I at least, generally consider those people fascists responsible, at least partly, for the death of thousands of innocent Iraqis. And find me a non ultra-patriotic forum were ultra-patriotic Americans are not considered annoying in the extreme.
Hmm, I haven't found anyone, other than my family, that thought this way. I find that kind of sad... But, this is true to me as well.
Yeah. There's nothing wrong with thinking the Japanese are the greatest race on Earth! It's not like that's racism. And it's not like the last time that happened the rest of Asia found itself at the mercy of the rapacious hordes of Imperial Japan who plundered their land, raped their women, and killed their men. It's not like Imperial Japan, operating under a ethos of racial superiority, was responsible for some of the most heinous and vile violations of human rights in history. It's not like Filipino men were vivisected, live, to satisfy their perverse curiosity and display their assumed superioty.

Oh, wai
"vivisected, live" is an oxymoron. The live part is unecessary.

You focus too much on the negatives of Japan. If you haven't noticed, America has been doing bad things from day one. Except they do it more secretively, more aloof, and they don't take pictures. They crush the dreams of many people. They put people into bankruptcy, poverty, homlessness, depression. Also, is America not mysoginistic? Is it not wholly racist? A large group of people (mostly republicans) believe America is the greatest country on earth. I just think that you should observe your countries flaws and others achievements, rather than the other way around.

[/quote]I've heard religious prejudice tossed around lots of times.[/quote]

I haven't. I don't get out much though.
"La tristesse durera toujours... (The sadness will last forever...)" - Vincent Van Gogh

"I wish I could throw off the thoughts which poison my happiness, but I take a kind of pleasure in indulging them." - Frederic Chopin

User avatar
Kodos
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:11 am
Location: Virgo Supercluster; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion Spiral Arm; Sol; Earth
Contact:

Post by Kodos » Thu May 21, 2009 11:38 am

hmm, I think then, my argument is flawed. Indeed, Weaboo is an unessecary term just like emo, I see that those who follow that path of thinking should probably be beat to death (by that I mean Weaboos), however, I find no need to demonize them. Just dislike and avoid them. Its demonizing those who are ignorant that gets youth in trouble, I've noticed.
You can't demonize someone who has a bad quality. No one says weaboos kill and eat puppies. They simply state that they are obnoxious idiots - and they are.
If you met a Weaboo that, by some grace of god, was not talking about Japan all day, and was an intelligent, well-spoken, normal person, then found out he was a Weaboo, that would not be "Hating someone for personality traits that are an accurate reflection of their intellect and personality." It would just be dumb. Hating some Weaboo who was actually intelligent would make you an idiot.
First of all, hating someone for no reason does not make you dumb, it makes you unreasonable and dickish. Intelligence has nothing to do with value judgments of that sort. Second, I would not necessarily hate this person, but I would certainly hate and dislike this aspect of them. And you propose something so unlikely as to possibly be impossible. Weaboos are generally insufferable by nature. It's hard to be an otherwise functional person when you pretty much dislike, or at least hold up to unreasonably high standards, any media that is not Japanese and constantly prattle on about how wonderful everything is in Glorious Nippon.

Weaboos are like evangelicals - they are annoying by their very nature. Their being insufferable is a core part of their outlook.
I could get into a whole debate about Japan and whatnot, however I'm just putting a bit. Its not adored for its heinous crimes. Its adored for its technology, its cartoons, and culture, Also, heres a hypothetical question: If you met a girl, she was cute, she was nice, she was smart, she was just your type, one-in-a-kind, and near perfect, then found out that she robbed a few houses, would you still go out with her?
Depends on why she robbed the houses, what the value of the stolen objects were, and whether or not she now regretted having done such a thing.

In this horrible analogy you are trying make to make the girl in question robbed everything in the house simply because she felt entitled to it, the value was incalculable, and she may or may not regret it but I can't tell because the dumb broad absolutely refuses to speak about it and vehemently denies she ever robbed it in the first place. She is also outraged by the fact that the families she robbed are angry about it. Further all of her accomplices in her crimes were harshly punished but she, herself, was not.

And, like I said, Japan's modern culture is part of the damn problem. For fuck's sake rape is still seen as a woman's fault as far as I am aware.

[qyote]Well, I'll agree that an extremely large part of Imperial Japan was royally fucked up (if you'll pardon my pun). But no, America was not racist or mysoginistic, or collective in its early years either. I see.[/quote]
America was racist and misogynistic, but it was not collectivist, ever, really. That level of insane collectivism is, to my knowledge, largely an Asian problem. I would wager it has to do with such large populations and needing a way to keep them in line, but that's a whole 'nother thing. And, furthermore, America's crimes of that sort were largely related to, as you observed, it's early days in the fucking 17 and 1800s. Japan was dissecting human beings in the 40s. You will find nothing analogous to that in American history. Nothing.

All countries are guilty of atrocities, but some more atrocious and more numerous than others.

Furthermore this is a tu quoque fallacy. Just because X has done horrible action Y does not mean it's okay for Z to do it. Just because America has done horrible things does not mean it is wrong when America calls out Japan. It just means America probably should fix itself too.
Xenophobia is I will agree, largely a bad thing.
Largely? No, it is kind of always a bad thing. We're all human.
However, I will agree that Japan was Xenophobic, if you'll agree that extremely large parts of America are almost always xenophobic racists when immigrants come to town.
That's not how facts work. Japan is or is not xenophobic regardless of whether or not I acknowledge this alleged fact.

And for the record I will, as I have, admit that much of America is racist and xenophobic, but much of it also is not. America varies, culturally, by region. The North East is one of the most multicultural places on Earth and I count myself fortunate to have been born and lived in New York.
These people who hate the illegal (and sometimes legal) immigrants from Mexico, or Korea, or Vietnam. No one hates them, huh? Japan was Xenophobic for a long time. However, as far as I know, many Japanese are no longer Xenophobic.
You have a very warped view of Japan if you don't think they are still xenophobic. It's no longer to the degree it once was, but they are still mostly hateful and/or terrified of foreigners.
What you, by your moral perception percieve as bad, is not so harmful to others.
Except I can demonstrate powerful logical arguments proving that Japan has a harmful and dangerous culture once you have agreed with my value judgments that happiness = good and misery = bad. And if you don't agree with that well then you are either an egoist or some kind of robot, I think, because I know of no one in human history who has not operated on the pleasure principle.
However, vivisection, by any moral degree, is fucked up. However, focusing on the negative things is what pulls people apart. If you look at your family, and only focus on the negative things (not looking at the good things whatsoever), and actually see bad things that your family might have done (no offense intended, this is hypthetical, in a way) then you start to realize then, that they are not so great. Look at the good things. America has done some pretty bad things too. Just not too bodys. They rip up lives, and hopes, and dreams. It doesn't look as gruesome, but its still evil.
Again, look at timescales. Look at when America did it's horrible things, and look at when Japan did it. The Holocaust and Japan's atrocities would not have been out of place in 13th century Europe except for their scale. They happened, however, in the middle of the fucking 20th century.

The only difference between the Nazis and the Japanese during WW2 is that the Nazis were efficient. That's pretty much it.
Hmm, I haven't found anyone, other than my family, that thought this way. I find that kind of sad... But, this is true to me as well.
Well your anecdotal evidence is bad and, again, irrelevant. It's like saying that if North Korea says Nazis are evil it must be untrue because North Korea is also clearly evil. Just because someone is a hypocrite for pointing something out does not make their observation more or less true.
"vivisected, live" is an oxymoron. The live part is unecessary.
You mean redundant, not an oxymoron, and yes, but I do it to stress it. If I just say "vivisected" people may misinterpret and assume I meant dissected. I think it is important we stress the nature of these atrocities since so many people are unaware of them.
You focus too much on the negatives of Japan. If you haven't noticed, America has been doing bad things from day one.
Again, what America or any other place has done or does is in no way relevant to the question of whether or not Japan is bad. And America has done little comparable to what Japan has done and does nothing today comparable to it.

America is not rounding up Iraqi women and forcing them to be comfort women.
Except they do it more secretively, more aloof, and they don't take pictures.
Again, no we do not. We do commit atrocities, yes, but nothing on the scale, morally or numerically, of what the Japanese did during WW2. And, again, that is not my gripe with Japan. My gripe with Japan is their culture as it exists today which includes their denying this ever happened.

America does not deny what was done to the Native Americans, and photos of the horrors that are the reservations are freely available to anyone who cares to look at them.
They crush the dreams of many people. They put people into bankruptcy, poverty, homlessness, depression.
Show me where America has an institutionalized policy of actively doing any of these things.
Making baseless claims is fun and easy.
Also, is America not mysoginistic?
I may be wrong but I highly doubt most, or even a significant number, of Americans till think rape is a woman's fault. I know for a fact that groping women on the subway is not so commonplace that it is accepted as normal and that the expected reaction of a woman so violated is to shut up and deal with it.

America does have a strain of misogyny in it, yes, but this social disease is neither as potent nor as widespread in America as it is in Japan.
Is it not wholly racist?
Not on an institutionalized level, no.
A large group of people (mostly republicans) believe America is the greatest country on earth.
That is not racism, that's nationalism. It's a social disease but a different one.
I just think that you should observe your countries flaws and others achievements, rather than the other way around.
I am very aware of my country's flaws and I point them out where and when it is appropriate to do so. This discussion, however, is not about America's flaws but Japan's. Whether or not America is the greatest or most evil nation to ever exist has no bearing, again, on Japan.
"The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge."
~Bertrand Russell

User avatar
gatrosk
Posts: 2676
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:19 pm
Location: Hiding...

Post by gatrosk » Thu May 21, 2009 12:44 pm

Wow, these posts are reminiscent of Truckasaurus.

*scrolls*


...

*keeps scrolling*


...

Ah, theres the end. ^_^
Fate rarely calls upon us at the moment of our choosing. - Optimus Prime

User avatar
Savage Hunter
Posts: 188
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:45 pm
Location: My Happy Place.

Post by Savage Hunter » Thu May 21, 2009 12:47 pm

First of all, hating someone for no reason does not make you dumb, it makes you unreasonable and dickish. Intelligence has nothing to do with value judgments of that sort. Second, I would not necessarily hate this person, but I would certainly hate and dislike this aspect of them. And you propose something so unlikely as to possibly be impossible. Weaboos are generally insufferable by nature. It's hard to be an otherwise functional person when you pretty much dislike, or at least hold up to unreasonably high standards, any media that is not Japanese and constantly prattle on about how wonderful everything is in Glorious Nippon.

Weaboos are like evangelicals - they are annoying by their very nature. Their being insufferable is a core part of their outlook.
Depends on why she robbed the houses, what the value of the stolen objects were, and whether or not she now regretted having done such a thing.

In this horrible analogy you are trying make to make the girl in question robbed everything in the house simply because she felt entitled to it, the value was incalculable, and she may or may not regret it but I can't tell because the dumb broad absolutely refuses to speak about it and vehemently denies she ever robbed it in the first place. She is also outraged by the fact that the families she robbed are angry about it. Further all of her accomplices in her crimes were harshly punished but she, herself, was not.

And, like I said, Japan's modern culture is part of the damn problem. For fuck's sake rape is still seen as a woman's fault as far as I am aware.
This is true. Japan did, in fact, neglect ever doing these horrid things. I understand that, and I wish to stop that, somehow... maybe I'll be a historian, or a politician. I don't know.

But, no, rape, if I'm aware, is no longer seen as the womens fault anymore. However, I have no proof of this. So my agrument here is invalid.
America was racist and misogynistic, but it was not collectivist, ever, really. That level of insane collectivism is, to my knowledge, largely an Asian problem. I would wager it has to do with such large populations and needing a way to keep them in line, but that's a whole 'nother thing. And, furthermore, America's crimes of that sort were largely related to, as you observed, it's early days in the fucking 17 and 1800s. Japan was dissecting human beings in the 40s. You will find nothing analogous to that in American history. Nothing.

All countries are guilty of atrocities, but some more atrocious and more numerous than others.

Furthermore this is a tu quoque fallacy. Just because X has done horrible action Y does not mean it's okay for Z to do it. Just because America has done horrible things does not mean it is wrong when America calls out Japan. It just means America probably should fix itself too.
America's crimes of mysogony were in the early 20th century as well. Only 'till 1920 or so did women actually get the right to vote. Blacks were segregated and looked down upon throughout the 50's. So, these crimes were still well into the 20th century. Many heinous crimes were comitted now as well.
That's not how facts work. Japan is or is not xenophobic regardless of whether or not I acknowledge this alleged fact.


And for the record I will, as I have, admit that much of America is racist and xenophobic, but much of it also is not. America varies, culturally, by region. The North East is one of the most multicultural places on Earth and I count myself fortunate to have been born and lived in New York.
I know. But its fun to mince words and be a dork.

The multicultural is not the same for you and I. I wish that I had been born in the northwest. However I was born in the norhteast. In Oregon. Its either "white" or "mexican". There is almost no other race in this town. Its 60% whites 30% mexicans 9% asians 1% blacks there is no diversity here. It sucks. I'm basing my racism, and xenophobia on things that I've read and seen. So, excuse me if I sound biased. I haven't traveled much.
You have a very warped view of Japan if you don't think they are still xenophobic. It's no longer to the degree it once was, but they are still mostly hateful and/or terrified of foreigners.
Last time I was in Japan, compared to America, I was practically an honored guest! No one looked at me funny. A clothes store clerk told me I could have a job (however, this could just be business man bs). They help those who try to learn the language. My dad went there and he felt no xenophobia (My dad is an intelligent man). He felt no racism. I don't see how they are, at this moment in time, xenophobic.

Except I can demonstrate powerful logical arguments proving that Japan has a harmful and dangerous culture once you have agreed with my value judgments that happiness = good and misery = bad. And if you don't agree with that well then you are either an egoist or some kind of robot, I think, because I know of no one in human history who has not operated on the pleasure principle.

This is true. Japan's culture today, not yesteryear, but todays culture has never caused me or any Japanese people I know any misery.
Again, look at timescales. Look at when America did it's horrible things, and look at when Japan did it. The Holocaust and Japan's atrocities would not have been out of place in 13th century Europe except for their scale. They happened, however, in the middle of the fucking 20th century.

The only difference between the Nazis and the Japanese during WW2 is that the Nazis were efficient. That's pretty much it.
If you look, American (as well as Viet Cong soldiers) did extremely fucked up things in that war. They experimented with drugs that would make you go insane and they would rip bodies apart. These things are not as bad as what Japan did in the 40's however, by the 70's, don't you think we'd be a bit more civilized? They were war crimes nonetheless.
You mean redundant, not an oxymoron, and yes, but I do it to stress it. If I just say "vivisected" people may misinterpret and assume I meant dissected. I think it is important we stress the nature of these atrocities since so many people are unaware of them.
Yeah, the definitions fucked up in my head.

Also, I'm not a total moron. I understand the meaning of vivisect and know the meaning of dissect. Theres no need to repeat yourself.
Again, what America or any other place has done or does is in no way relevant to the question of whether or not Japan is bad. And America has done little comparable to what Japan has done and does nothing today comparable to it.

America is not rounding up Iraqi women and forcing them to be comfort women.
They no longer grin at the name comfort women, just so you know, its now looked down upon.
Again, no we do not. We do commit atrocities, yes, but nothing on the scale, morally or numerically, of what the Japanese did during WW2. And, again, that is not my gripe with Japan. My gripe with Japan is their culture as it exists today which includes their denying this ever happened.

America does not deny what was done to the Native Americans, and photos of the horrors that are the reservations are freely available to anyone who cares to look at them.
Denying it ever happened is a problem for me too. However, its not a problem that I could ever fix, so I tend to ignore it. This may sound arrogant and cold. However, Even though America does not deny the fact that they've taken indian land, they don't care enough to compensate or give the land back. THey cannot fix the problem, so they ignore it.
Show me where America has an institutionalized policy of actively doing any of these things.
Making baseless claims is fun and easy.
Its called the government.
I may be wrong but I highly doubt most, or even a significant number, of Americans till think rape is a woman's fault. I know for a fact that groping women on the subway is not so commonplace that it is accepted as normal and that the expected reaction of a woman so violated is to shut up and deal with it
America does have a strain of misogyny in it, yes, but this social disease is neither as potent nor as widespread in America as it is in Japan.
Actually, most rapist do. An extremely large portion of the rapists' excuses are "She was asking for it..."

Also, groping on the subway is trying to be reduced by making women only trains at certain times, and stepping up security. They also have large signs at train stations and pools saying "Beware of froteurs."

America has quite a bit of mysogony, based on the way most people treat women. Mostly as sex fantasies and "babes". Most men nowadays doesn't give a shit about personality.
Not on an institutionalized level, no.
Merely look at history and the wars we've fought and who they were against and you'll know.
That is not racism, that's nationalism. It's a social disease but a different one.
Its still, technically racist. By your definition racism is when one race is greater than others. By saying your country is better than everyone elses your are, essentially saying everyone in it is as well. Thus, racism. However, it is still, yes, nationalism, and its still really fucking annoying.

EDIT:
gatrosk wrote:Wow, these posts are reminiscent of Truckasaurus.

*scrolls*


...

*keeps scrolling*


...

Ah, theres the end. ^_^
Don't compare me to that twat Excalibur. These are completely different arguments. Its true that I'm losing this argument, just as Excal was, but he didn't listen to reason. This is merely a debate on whether Japan is the center of all evil. This haa validity and makes sense and both of our arguments are not retarded. Well, mine border on it. But...!
"La tristesse durera toujours... (The sadness will last forever...)" - Vincent Van Gogh

"I wish I could throw off the thoughts which poison my happiness, but I take a kind of pleasure in indulging them." - Frederic Chopin

User avatar
Kodos
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:11 am
Location: Virgo Supercluster; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion Spiral Arm; Sol; Earth
Contact:

Post by Kodos » Thu May 21, 2009 1:21 pm

Savage Hunter wrote:This is true. Japan did, in fact, neglect ever doing these horrid things. I understand that, and I wish to stop that, somehow... maybe I'll be a historian, or a politician. I don't know.
And you won't stop it. You will never be elected to any office high enough in Japan to be in charge of making the decision to stop denying Japan's war crimes. If and when it stops it will likely be decades from now when WW2 is as distant a memory as WW1 is to us today, or further still.
But, no, rape, if I'm aware, is no longer seen as the womens fault anymore. However, I have no proof of this. So my agrument here is invalid.
http://www.japantoday.com/category/kuch ... s-in-japan
I'm too tired at the moment to find more sources. But even my Japanese friend acknowledged that the prevailing attitude, spoken and unspoken, is that if a woman is raped she is wholly or heavily responsible.
America's crimes of mysogony were in the early 20th century as well. Only 'till 1920 or so did women actually get the right to vote. Blacks were segregated and looked down upon throughout the 50's. So, these crimes were still well into the 20th century. Many heinous crimes were comitted now as well.
As evil as those things were you cannot even begin to compare segregation with the racially motivated slaughter of between 3 and 10 million human beings, or disenfranchisement with the systematic rape of some 200,000 or more women.

And, again, the atrocities of one nation do not excuse those of another. Just because Hitler was responsible for some 12 million deaths does not mean it is permissible for me to murder as many as I want provided I don't go over that limit.
I know. But its fun to mince words and be a dork.
It just makes you look intellectually dishonest - a person fully aware their argument is worthless but who tries to disguise it by confusing and muddling the issue.
The multicultural is not the same for you and I. I wish that I had been born in the northwest. However I was born in the norhteast. In Oregon. Its either "white" or "mexican". There is almost no other race in this town. Its 60% whites 30% mexicans 9% asians 1% blacks there is no diversity here. It sucks. I'm basing my racism, and xenophobia on things that I've read and seen. So, excuse me if I sound biased. I haven't traveled much.
Then you should not make the argument. Anecdotal evidence is never that compelling, and especially when the person in question has few anecdotes to give.
Last time I was in Japan, compared to America, I was practically an honored guest! No one looked at me funny. A clothes store clerk told me I could have a job (however, this could just be business man bs). They help those who try to learn the language. My dad went there and he felt no xenophobia (My dad is an intelligent man). He felt no racism. I don't see how they are, at this moment in time, xenophobic.
Again, anecdotal evidence. And many Japanese, as a result of their isolation, have one of two views of foreigners: abject hatred or adoration. It's not a realistic view, though. Think more of a child being awed by a strange new animal seen at a zoo, rather than anything egalitarian.

Besides, again, anecdotal evidence.
This is true. Japan's culture today, not yesteryear, but todays culture has never caused me or any Japanese people I know any misery.
I can prove otherwise. I mean, hell, have you looked at the suicide rate in Japan recently? Or the fact their workers work many more hours than Americans do but are just as efficient? The fact that alcoholism rates are dropping in every first world nation except Japan, where the rate is increasing? The existence of uniquely Japanese mental disorders like hikkikomori and other such things. The existence of uniquely Japanese social diseases like the chikan phenomenon? I could go on.
If you look, American (as well as Viet Cong soldiers) did extremely fucked up things in that war.
The order to rape and loot rarely, if ever, came directly from American officials and were committed by soldiers acting on their own psychotic urges.

The war crimes of Japan were almost entirely ordered or approved of by the Imperial government. The name of their policy in China was "Three Alls" - Kill all, burn all, loot all.

Again, your comparison is both inaccurate and irrelevant.
They experimented with drugs that would make you go insane and they would rip bodies apart. These things are not as bad as what Japan did in the 40's however, by the 70's, don't you think we'd be a bit more civilized? They were war crimes nonetheless.
Yes. War crimes that America has acknowledged and are taught in schools and that all sane Americans agree were horrible atrocities that should never have happened.
They no longer grin at the name comfort women, just so you know, its now looked down upon.
Oh. I am glad to hear the Japanese no longer grin at their systematic enslavement of 200,000 or more women so that they could rape them at their leisure.

Except, you know, they say this never happened and continue to deny these women of their dignity, even after many have died. Way to go, Japan.
Denying it ever happened is a problem for me too. However, its not a problem that I could ever fix, so I tend to ignore it.
'Well, you know, I can't do anything about the Holocaust so why should i be upset if Herr Hitler wants to burn some babies in ovens? It's not like it's affecting me, anyway."
This may sound arrogant and cold. However, Even though America does not deny the fact that they've taken indian land, they don't care enough to compensate or give the land back. THey cannot fix the problem, so they ignore it.
First of all, giving the land back is absurd and insane. Second of all, that's not the issue at hand or the thing being proposed. What is being proposed is that the Indian Reservations be modernized and the laws changed. Those places make third world nations seem luxurious. Lastly the problem is not ignored entirely and many groups and individuals are actively outraged and disgusted by the treatment of these people. Lastly, again, you use one atrocity to justify another. By such logic, again, any action I do can be justified so long as I don't break any records. So long as I kill and rape less people than whoever hold the records for serial rape and murder, I'm morally right, according to this logic taken to it's conclusion.

I imagine you can immediately see the obvious flaw in such reasoning.
Its called the government.
Your snarky answer does nothing except betray your argument's lack of worth. Show me where the U.S. government has explicitly sanctioned these actions or where the U.S. government has actively allowed such actions to go on with it's knowledge.

Show me where these actions have been official policy and not the actions of individual soldiers or cabals of soldiers. Show me where, today, the US government has instituted official policies aimed at causing nothing more than bankruptcy and homelessness. What U.S. policy exists that's explicit and express goal is "Make people hungry, homeless, poor, and unhappy."

I am aware of no such policies. Nor am I aware of any policies during any war America has engaged in since the 20th century where "Round up women and sell them into sexual slavery" has been an explicit policy of the army.

Again, America has it's shameful history and it's current shame, but it does not begin to compare to what Japan did during WW2.
Actually, most rapist do. An extremely large portion of the rapists' excuses are "She was asking for it..."
Rapists are not most Americans. You confuse the issue with irrelevant statistics. I said that most Japanese think rape is at least partly a woman's fault, and that most Americans do not. Of course rapists are likely to say that.
Also, groping on the subway is trying to be reduced by making women only trains at certain times, and stepping up security. They also have large signs at train stations and pools saying "Beware of froteurs."
And, again, that is a sign of more widespread misogyny. It doesn't matter what the government is doing, as far as my argument is concerned. The mere fact this is such an issue in Japan shows that clearly more people exist in Japan who have no regard for a woman's dignity than in America.
America has quite a bit of mysogony, based on the way most people treat women. Mostly as sex fantasies and "babes". Most men nowadays doesn't give a shit about personality.
That is no misogyny, that is being shallow. Furthermore sexuality is no misogynistic at all. If a man engages in frequent casual sex that does not necessarily mean he harbors any ill-will towards women. He may or he may not, but the mere fact he happens to enjoy heterosexual sex does not mean he hates women anymore than a woman who enjoys frequent sex with men means she hates them.
Merely look at history and the wars we've fought and who they were against and you'll know.
That makes no sense.
Its still, technically racist. By your definition racism is when one race is greater than others. By saying your country is better than everyone elses your are, essentially saying everyone in it is as well. Thus, racism. However, it is still, yes, nationalism, and its still really fucking annoying.
It's not racism. What race is America. Nationalism, in America, does not necessarily entail racism. There is no such thing as an ethnic American unless you count the Native Americans which, obviously, none of these nationalists do.
"The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge."
~Bertrand Russell

Yaz

Post by Yaz » Thu May 21, 2009 1:48 pm

HTH does this manage to happen on almost every single thread lol.

You guys are not gonna see eye to eye so just let it go man.

User avatar
Aether
Posts: 1793
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:54 am
Location: the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear

Post by Aether » Thu May 21, 2009 2:28 pm

Savage Hunter wrote:I see that those who follow that path of thinking should probably be beat to death (by that I mean Weaboos), however, I find no need to demonize them.
Ha, this is funny.

"I think they should be beaten to death, but don't be mean to them." ):

Kid, seriously, get a grip. If someone says that they think someone did something, it doesn't really matter. Who cares?
Just...
Shut up about how great and pure Isamu is.

Bloody fangirls... *sigh*

rabid panda

Post by rabid panda » Thu May 21, 2009 10:04 pm

wow i seem to have missed quite a bit in my absense

User avatar
Kitsune
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: manchester UK

Post by Kitsune » Thu May 21, 2009 10:18 pm

you"re telling me. i came, i saw i loled

but is the the storm over and every thing sorted out now

thats the only thing i couldnt gather from the last four hours or reading u on current events in MWS.



Sorry the question mark and the letter after "O" keys are broken on my keyboard
I Think Exalibur is an Idiot

Image
Image

rabid panda

Post by rabid panda » Thu May 21, 2009 10:31 pm

lol kit i agree with youre new sig. is that asshat still around?

(still trolling the forum for the new shit)

User avatar
Kitsune
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: manchester UK

Post by Kitsune » Thu May 21, 2009 11:09 pm

Um Ive not seen him toorecently but he commented about the mr nce guy isamu thing when it was in the thick of it
I Think Exalibur is an Idiot

Image
Image

User avatar
Aether
Posts: 1793
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:54 am
Location: the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear

Post by Aether » Fri May 22, 2009 2:34 am

Hey rabid and Kitsune. How's things?

Well, basically, yes Excalibur is still here. Due to some sort of screwed up sense of acceptance he has.

And we had some guy spam the shit out of the place and then post real fucked up pictures and just generally annoy us. Other than that, it's all peachy.

User avatar
gatrosk
Posts: 2676
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:19 pm
Location: Hiding...

Post by gatrosk » Fri May 22, 2009 2:54 am

Savage Hunter wrote:Don't compare me to that twat Excalibur. These are completely different arguments. Its true that I'm losing this argument, just as Excal was, but he didn't listen to reason. This is merely a debate on whether Japan is the center of all evil. This haa validity and makes sense and both of our arguments are not retarded. Well, mine border on it. But...!
Well, first of all, I wasn't comparing you to excalibur. I was comparing yours and Kodos' post length to the post lengths of the Truckasaurus thread, so settle down.
Secondly, I don't give a shit about the debate so don't go off on me about that. ^_^ mmkay?
Fate rarely calls upon us at the moment of our choosing. - Optimus Prime

User avatar
Kitsune
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: manchester UK

Post by Kitsune » Fri May 22, 2009 8:00 am

I am good i have seen some of the aftermath of that like a load of "lol whats" written a shit load of times and some rattle about british ride

you know I live in he UK I could go find him and beat the shit outta him any takers?


also to get back on to ic

Urban dictonary wrote:
Weeaboo
A non japanese person who basically denounces their own culture and calls themselves japanese. They try to learn japanese through the anime they watch and usually end up pronouncing it wrong and looking like a complete idiot.

KEEP IN MIND: that a non-japanese person can like the culture, watch anime, speak the language and RESPECT THE CULTURE, while still keeping in touch with there own. Which keeps them from being a Weeaboo, japanophile, ect.
He was undoubtly a weaboo who are right u there on my hit list with Yaoi fangirls *shudders*
I Think Exalibur is an Idiot

Image
Image

User avatar
Aether
Posts: 1793
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:54 am
Location: the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear

Re: ATTENTION ALL LOVERS OF THIS PATHETIC FORUM

Post by Aether » Fri May 22, 2009 2:18 pm

In the OP, 4chanCommunity wrote:NOTE : Try not to edit my post.
I find it particularly funny how this person is sitting there threatening us and yet, asks us not to edit their posts.

I mean, come on. Even someone from 4chan can't be that stu-Wait...

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests