good ds games

Talk about anything you like

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

a random ninja

good ds games

Post by a random ninja » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:32 pm

anybody know any good games for the ds? i need some new portable games, and my psp's freaking broken.

leonprimrose

Post by leonprimrose » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:53 pm

ah that sucks to have a broken psp but you're in luck lol DS has some wonderful games :P first off chrono Trigger is out for it now. FF4 is fantastic (I'm playing that one now :P), Brain Age I find oddly enjoyable believe it or not. outside of that I'm not positive. my DS library isn't as fleshed out as my other systems. check out some reviews on IGN and see what you like outta them

Yaz

Post by Yaz » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:59 pm

Phantom Hourglass
and theres that cool lawyer game. lol

a random ninja

Post by a random ninja » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:34 pm

i've got brain age 2...i play it every once it a while, but i get tired of it quick...i've already gotten and beaten FF4 and phantom hourglass...and while chrono trigger is a great game, the ds version is basically just a port with (as far as i know) very little extra content. and i've played through that game a billion times already, so...i dunno if it's worth spending 40 bucks on. but thanks, guys, i appreciate the suggestions.

leonprimrose

Post by leonprimrose » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:21 pm

lol yeah ds chrono trigger is just a port basically. hmmm well there's mario kart or that ds super mario game :P

a random ninja

Post by a random ninja » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:55 pm

i've beaten new super mario bros. already...but mario kart's always fun! plus that one's been out long enough that i can probably get it cheap. thanks!

leonprimrose

Post by leonprimrose » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:52 pm

no prob :) glad to be of use.

drawerkid

Post by drawerkid » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:23 am

Ever played Advance wars: days of ruin? If you haven't you should it a really good game with a lot side things/trial maps to beat. The story is pretty good and is a far-cry from the normally childish advance wars franchise.

Castlevania: order of ecclesia is a good game, with some good review, you really don't have to a castlevania fan to like this game.

a random ninja

Post by a random ninja » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:56 am

um...nope, haven't gotten to play days of ruin yet. just dual strike. i'll see about giving that one a shot. i've never really been much into castlevania, though. but maybe i'll check that one out too.

Aether
Location: the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear

Post by Aether » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:39 am

*points to Nintendo logo shirt*

You're asking the right man my friend.

While I'm not quite up to date with fairly recent DS releases these are my list of must haves.
The Legend of Zelda, Phantom Hourglass.
While you may have finished this game it's always good to play again. What's more? It has a WiFi multiplayer function.

Final Fantasy III
This is also a very good game, just like every other Final Fantasy game though. Which I love to bits.

Animal Crossing: Wild World
Please, do I even have to say why? This game is really good up until you can't really do anything else. Good game for around 7 months I say.

Mario Kart DS
Good for just some mindless fun. No real point or storyline... you know Mario Kart...

Now unfortunately I haven't played my DS lately and have forgotten most of my list. I also haven't played many new releases... but those games will give you endless hours of entertainment.

Oh and don't even bother with Final Fantasy XII... or whatever that one is. It's fucking lame.

a random ninja

Post by a random ninja » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:23 am

well, a friend of mine has my copy of the phantom hourglass, so...god knows when i'll get that back. i have beaten final fantasy III, but i wouldn't mind playing through it again. i have animal crossing: wild world and, unfortunately, have already gotten to the point where i can't really do anything else. lol. oh, and i got final fantasy XII: revenant wings for christmas last year. and yeah, i didn't care for it much. i mean, i played through it, but it's pretty repetitive and when i got to the end and couldn't beat the final boss, i just said screw it and tossed it aside. but i think i'll get mario kart ds. that should keep me busy for a while.

larlock
Location: in the bushes behind ur house ...... stop with the flashlight already

new games

Post by larlock » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:18 am

alot of ds games have recently been released u should check them out
Lol at your sig while i lmao at your avy....u suck

a random ninja

Post by a random ninja » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:25 am

this thread was like 6 months old...but yeah, i'm too poor at the moment to afford any games anyway. thanks though. now maybe someone should close this thread.

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:27 pm

*Locked*