General BS Thread (former US Election 2008 thread)

Talk about anything you like

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:18 pm

a random ninja wrote:but still, the last airbender destroyed sokka, and that's unforgivable.
Agreed. Sucking the personality out of a character until there's pretty much nothing left is not cool. I was very disappointed every time he opened his mouth; instead of something witty/amusing, it was just bland and poorly acted. D:
as far as whether or not it was a good idea to watch the show before the movie, i'd have to say no, it wasn't. the movie still would've sucked, but if you've seen the show, it's a hundred times worse.
This is why I was pondering over which order I should have watched them in.
schyamalan claims he wanted to do the movie after his daughter wanted to be katara for halloween or something. then supposedly he got into the show and he and his family would all watch it together. but i'm calling bullshit on that one. after somehow forcing myself to sit through the entire film, i'm convinced that NO ONE involved with it ever watched more than 35 seconds of the show.
I definitely agree with you there. His daughter may have watched it all the way through, but I'm pretty sure Schyamalan didn't even make it past the opening credits. I'm most disappointed in the cast the most, however, since you would think they would have put in the time to research the characters before filming started. I mean, if you're going to play the part of a character that's based on a cartoon/comic/book, this sort of thing just seems obvious.
so, for seeing it through to the end, sir, you have my admiration and my sympathy.
I paid money for it, so of course I'm going to see it through to the end. No matter how bad the movie, I don't like wasting my money so quitting half-way through really isn't an option.
unfortunately, despite being getting nothing but terrible reviews, it did make a fair bit of money, so i'd imagine they will go ahead and make the next one. although it's budget was also enormous, so it's profit wasn't all THAT high...as far as schyamalan's involvement, if i had my say he would've already been shot in the face. but i dunno. if he does do the next one, maybe he'll take some of the criticism into consideration.
I hope he does. If he wants to do better sales-wise, then he's going to really need to start listening to the fans. They saved him the first time, but I don't think they're going to be as forgiving if he continues things as is. Personally, I hope the company decides to cancel Shyamalan's contract in favor of someone who knows what they hell they're doing.

rabid panda

Post by rabid panda » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:20 am

lol just lol. NATION, I AM ABOUT TO TANK HEROIC YOUR MOMS!

faltzar2

Post by faltzar2 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:15 pm

rabid panda wrote:lol just lol. NATION, I AM ABOUT TO TANK HEROIC YOUR MOMS!

Where did you get this picture? It is pure awesome.

jannypan

Post by jannypan » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:53 am

haha, good.

rabid panda

Post by rabid panda » Mon May 02, 2011 9:46 am

so osama bin laden is tits up. bout time. and just so you know it was navy seals that punched his ticket. first time ive ever been proud to be ex navy lol

Peptalk

Re: General BS Thread (former US Election 2008 thread)

Post by Peptalk » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:42 pm

Sorry to say but he's the 45th president but that is only because one of the presidents didn't want to be inaugurated on a Sunday. i feel sorry for the guy... president for a day. now that's sad.

i'm not bragging i just know REALLY random facts... O.O
Onee

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:03 am

While I can't speak on behalf of everyone on the forum living outside the US, I really don't understand what you're saying. Care to explain what you're talking about?

Peptalk

Post by Peptalk » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:57 pm

About Obama being the 44th president of the US. A random fact i learned is that one of the older Presidents did not want to go into office on a Sunday because of his religion. So that we would have a President they put some guy in office for a day to take his place. If you count the true listing of people who have been in office then Obama would be the 45th President.
Onee