General BS Thread (former US Election 2008 thread)

Talk about anything you like

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:24 pm

Well, that's rather sad to hear. I would have figured everyone would be unbiased -- or as unbiased as possible -- when it came to news reports. What about CNN and the other news sources? Are they as bad?

gatrosk

Post by gatrosk » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:42 am

Like Rabid said it's mainly just FOX. The FOX network goes hand in hand with conservatives and the Republican Party. Most of the other main networks actually report unbiased news (or as unbiased as it can be).
Fate rarely calls upon us at the moment of our choosing. - Optimus Prime

rabid panda

Post by rabid panda » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:21 am

fox is complete garbage. honestly i dont like any of the news networks. all of them dedicate waaaaaaaaaaaaay to much time to things that are unimportant and are sensationalized. i try and get as much of my news either at the local level or from the associated press.

*edit

and caff i didnt mean to ignore your comment on the "dont ask dont tell" policy in the military and the changes to it. as a recent active duty member (got out of the navy in 07) i can tell you there are a lot of gays in the military. and they dont hide it very well. honestly at least for the people in the navy and more specificlly the USS John C Stennis just didnt care. so im assuming that obama hasnt changed the rule about gays because there isnt any real reason to change it

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:17 pm

rabid panda wrote:fox is complete garbage. honestly i dont like any of the news networks. all of them dedicate waaaaaaaaaaaaay to much time to things that are unimportant and are sensationalized. i try and get as much of my news either at the local level or from the associated press.
I'll keep that in mind then when looking at news sites from now on. Unfortunately, I don't really know about other news sites except for the big ones (CNN, NY Times and the like), so the only way I find out about smaller/local news sites is through peoples' hotlinks. Most news places here mostly only cover what's going on within the country and occasionally provide a few stories here-and-there for international stuff. Sadly, those stories usually only happen if Japan has some involvement in the matter or is major enough that countries all around the world are covering it, so getting a full understanding of what's really going on the world is rather tough. Doesn't make it any easier if the news is sensationalized and biased.

a random ninja

Post by a random ninja » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:16 am

anybody else watch 'raising hope?'

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:26 am

Nope. Is it good?

a random ninja

Post by a random ninja » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:24 pm

fuckin' hilarious. they've only shown 6 episodes so far and it's already become one of my favorite tv shows ever. you can watch full episodes of it here if you ever have the time. i know you're a busy man, but it's an excellent way to spend 21 minutes if you can spare them.

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:09 pm

Doesn't work for countries outside the US. If I get the chance, I'll try to find episodes elsewhere.

a random ninja

Post by a random ninja » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:58 pm

crap man i didn't even think about that. sorry.

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:14 pm

a random ninja

Post by a random ninja » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:34 pm

dude, what the fuckin' fuck? lol.

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:28 am

lol I know. I definitely didn't see that one coming. What I'm really wondering is if anyone knows what anime that's from. It looks like it'd be quite amusing to watch.

Zephio
MWS moderator

Post by Zephio » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:57 am

dude. that happens to me EVERY time. :roll:

a random ninja

Post by a random ninja » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:49 am

So i just finished watching the last airbender and it made me want to throw up and punch m. night shyamalan in the face at the same time. ugh.

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:04 am

Really? Why? Was it a repeat of what happened with Dragonball? D: