General BS Thread (former US Election 2008 thread)

Talk about anything you like

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

a random ninja

Post by a random ninja » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:43 am

i've always been partial to 'ass-goblin.' and yes, gat, i'm back. sort of. i still have pretty limited internet access at the moment, but hopefully i'll be getting my computer back soon and then i should be good to go. it's been a long time. feels like years. i'm sure you all missed me.

R0B3R7

Post by R0B3R7 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:01 am

SO.
I heard Inception was 100% badass. I'm definately going to see it. From what I've heard, it's hands down Best Picture material.

Anybody seen it?
dA
“Getting ahead...requires avid faith in yourself. ...Some people with mediocre talent, but with great inner drive, go so much further than people with vastly superior talent.” -Sophia Loren

gatrosk

Post by gatrosk » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:54 pm

a random ninja wrote:i've always been partial to 'ass-goblin.' and yes, gat, i'm back. sort of. i still have pretty limited internet access at the moment, but hopefully i'll be getting my computer back soon and then i should be good to go. it's been a long time. feels like years. i'm sure you all missed me.
I missed you indeed. Sadly, I was gone so I haven't been able to enjoy your internet presence.
Fate rarely calls upon us at the moment of our choosing. - Optimus Prime

a random ninja

Post by a random ninja » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:17 am

my internet presence has been severely limited so you didn't miss much.

rabid panda

Post by rabid panda » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:07 pm

rob ive seen it. it wasnt a bad movie but im not generally a fan of the whole mind trip movie. it tried too hard imo but still it wasnt bad at all

R0B3R7

Post by R0B3R7 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:58 pm

I also saw it, and I thought it was great. I know what you mean though for trying too hard. Especially Leonardo on the acting side of it. But Ellen Paige (sp?) was really good imo. she definately suprised me.

On the other hand, I thought the storyline was great. With something that messy you almost have to try too hard to make it understandable. But the way they introduced all the information was unexpectedly clear.
dA
“Getting ahead...requires avid faith in yourself. ...Some people with mediocre talent, but with great inner drive, go so much further than people with vastly superior talent.” -Sophia Loren

rabid panda

Post by rabid panda » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:07 am

yeah like i said it wasnt a bad movie, i can see whats got everybody throwin up some jazzhands about. just not my sort of movie. and leo was the worst part of it. the girl tho was very impressive, plus ken watanabe once again provided a solid performance. you know the dark haired guy who was leos partner? thats the kid from third rock from the sun, he rocked this movie too.

all in all id give it a b minus, the effects were good, the casting (except for leo imo) was well done, the story for me not so much. glad i saw it in theaters but ill wait till its in the dollar bin at walmart before i buy it

iceman

Post by iceman » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:31 am

you know the dark haired guy who was leos partner? thats the kid from third rock from the sun, he rocked this movie too.
joseph gordon-levitt. he is a really good actor, especially in that movie...

R0B3R7

Post by R0B3R7 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:32 am

i agree - leo didnt do so hot in this one.
dA

gatrosk

Post by gatrosk » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:40 am

If Leo would've brought the same awesomeness he gave in Shutter Island the movie would've been a little better. I suppose I'm in the minority here, but I thought his performance was great. It was his wife that bothered me, she was really bland as far as emotions went.
What I really liked was that it laid out a set of rules that the fictitious world was bound by and stuck to them throughout the movie. It seems that now-a-days heroes always find a indiscernible way out of whatever shitstorm they're in. The same goes for the original Matrix. When you create rules the you always abide by it creates a more cohesive and immersible environment for the viewer to get engrossed in. So in that respect I thought Christopher Nolan did a spectacular job.
Fate rarely calls upon us at the moment of our choosing. - Optimus Prime

R0B3R7

Post by R0B3R7 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:20 am

I agree completely with your second paragraph.

First though, I think most people thought leo did great, and I haven't seen shutter island yet.
dA

rabid panda

Post by rabid panda » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:53 am

Just thought i would let you guys know, for those who dont live in the US.....

Barrack Obama just told the boy scouts to eat a dick, hes hanging out with whoopi goldberg

Caffeine

Post by Caffeine » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:08 pm

Haha! I didn't know it was so explicit.
I was wondering if this had to do with how the boy scouts don't allow gay scoutmasters. He has been criticized by gay rights groups for not fulfilling campaign promises on don't ask don't tell and stuff, but things HAVE been moving a little on that since. So maybe he would've gotten flak if he went, too.
You can't get rid of me.
Deviantart: here

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:00 am

rabid panda

Post by rabid panda » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:08 pm

ceta to be fair fox news has a long history of distorting the news to fit their world view. they are exremely biased towards the republican party and have been hammering obama since he got into office.

just saying take anything from any of the mainstream media in america with a grain of salt