General BS Thread (former US Election 2008 thread)

Talk about anything you like

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

R0B3R7

Post by R0B3R7 » Sat May 22, 2010 9:08 pm

I don't think I'm going to get it...i'm not really into buying more video games than i can beat. Right now, i'm borrowing borderlands from someone and haven't beaten that yet and i'm probably going to get red dead, so yeah...hopefully i can get my brother to chip in for that. he says he doesn't want it but i think he would if he didn't know that i want it. it's kind of an evil scheme to make me pay for the whole thing.
dA
“Getting ahead...requires avid faith in yourself. ...Some people with mediocre talent, but with great inner drive, go so much further than people with vastly superior talent.” -Sophia Loren

gatrosk

Post by gatrosk » Sun May 23, 2010 5:07 am

Just get it and make him pay half if he ever wants to pay. ^_^
Fate rarely calls upon us at the moment of our choosing. - Optimus Prime

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Sun May 23, 2010 12:29 pm

Finally decided to upgrade to Windows 7. While I have been looking forward to finally upgrading from Vista, the upgrade process has been hell. I've been trying for a while now without success due to the fact that I keep getting one error message after another.

This has been very frustrating, especially considering the fact that I was able to upgrade my Mac in about 40 minutes with absolutely no trouble at all.

==============

Edit:

There were too many miscellaneous files taking up space on the C drive that Windows wouldn't let me get rid of, so I figured resetting everything to the factory settings would be the best solution. Sadly, that failed miserably. I formatted the drive due to the fact that I was unable to restore the system back to default, but now it has become quite the mistake that I'm paying for dearly. The restore disc that I received when I bought the computer is not working and, since I have an upgrade edition, Windows 7 is refusing to install.

Never have I hated Microsoft as much as I do now. It's been over 12 hours and I'm now at a dead end. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to fix this?

R0B3R7

Post by R0B3R7 » Sun May 23, 2010 11:06 pm

i have no idea, but i do know that every time windows tries to "upgrade" it seems to get less and less user friendly

and about red dead: i think that's what i'll do, assuming you meant play on that second pay ;)
dA
“Getting ahead...requires avid faith in yourself. ...Some people with mediocre talent, but with great inner drive, go so much further than people with vastly superior talent.” -Sophia Loren

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Mon May 24, 2010 12:17 pm

Did a bit of research on solutions to the problem. Apparently, if I make a copy of the install disc but burn it a 2x speed rather than whatever speed it was originally burned at, I should be able to get it to install. We'll see how things go, though; right now, I'm in the process of making a copy of the disc.

gatrosk

Post by gatrosk » Mon May 24, 2010 10:30 pm

Well good luck with that. Burn speeds on dvd somehow tend to fix a lot of small issues while troubleshooting things I've noticed. Hopefully everything works out. Vista is a huge bitch.

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Tue May 25, 2010 1:33 pm

The disc copying failed -- no surprise there, though, since there are likely copy protections in place -- so I'm currently reinstalling Vista. (Finally got the restore disc to work.) Not sure how long it'll take, but it doesn't look like I'll be able to get around to retrying the installation for Windows 7 tonight. D:

gatrosk

Post by gatrosk » Wed May 26, 2010 3:35 am

Oh boy, well hopefully it works :)

a random ninja

Post by a random ninja » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:36 pm

what up, homelies?

Caffeine

Post by Caffeine » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:54 pm

Homelies? Are you calling us homely?
You can't get rid of me.
Deviantart: here

a random ninja

Post by a random ninja » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:59 pm

i am indeed. and there's nothing you can do about it.

Caffeine

Post by Caffeine » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:05 am

I can CALL YOU NAMES BACK!! Buttmunch! Boogerbutt! STINKY!!
You can't get rid of me.
Deviantart: here

R0B3R7

Post by R0B3R7 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:42 am

buttmunch...the classic buttmunch.
dA

gatrosk

Post by gatrosk » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:39 pm

Whoa, random's back! :D

rabid panda

Post by rabid panda » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:21 pm

i prefer the oxford-english classic of "COCK-KNOBBLER"