General BS Thread (former US Election 2008 thread)

Talk about anything you like

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

Dustin C.
Jounin Moderator

General BS Thread (former US Election 2008 thread)

Post by Dustin C. » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:01 pm

Just thought i would let you guys know, for those who dont live in the US.....

Barrack Obama is the 44th President.

WOOHOO! :D

drawerkid

Post by drawerkid » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:05 pm

The first black president is truly a testament to the whole african race, this will change the USA forever. Already everyone all the world is feeling the effects, at that what's the paper say.

Barrack Obama!!!

Yaz

Post by Yaz » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:38 pm

You have to be proud of both candidates cuz they handled alot of pressure. No matter what they do now they can't take Obama's name out of history. He won even when they tried to cheat him. Gotta give it up for him. For both of em.

Lets see where we go from here.

Regardless all that matter is we gettin Bush OUT! Hope he go to jail for war crimes.

a random ninja

Post by a random ninja » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:47 pm

honestly i didn't keep up with the campaigns enough to really form an opinion about either candidate, but i did see that barack obama just stomped all over john mccain on election day. i mean, geez, it wasn't even close...

gatrosk

Post by gatrosk » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:59 pm

I know... like seriously? 147 to 349?
No matter what anybody says Barack deserves to be President with a victory like that...
Fate rarely calls upon us at the moment of our choosing. - Optimus Prime

kandy_pish

Post by kandy_pish » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:31 pm

Obama!!!
Prince of persia ruels!!
http://kandy-me.deviantart.com/

DancingBlade

Post by DancingBlade » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:34 pm

Is he gonna do anything about the onging invasion into Iraq?
/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

If you agree Aether is a cute kitty, put Mr Huggles in your sig now :3

Caffeine

Post by Caffeine » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:50 pm

Obama said he was for a phased pullout. (I think.)

Hey! Do we have respect on the world stage now?!
You can't get rid of me.
Deviantart: here

Yaz

Post by Yaz » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:58 pm

As a matter of fact Caff I think we got alittle bit of our reputation fixed. There was an article saying "It's cool to be an American again" so for now they're saying this election have given the world a new hope. I didn't know it effected so much

Aether
Location: the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear

Post by Aether » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:15 pm

Yeah, I knew this when it happened... that's what happens when you take interest in global matters.
drawerkid wrote:Already everyone all the world is feeling the effects
Yeah... actually I'll have to disagree there. I don't feel any change whatsoever.
drawerkid wrote:The first black president is truly a testament to the whole african race
And see... it's comments like this that creates segregation. I don't think of people differently because of the colour of their skin. Good job, the man became president of the most powerful and influential country in the world. But just because he's black doesn't mean this makes him even better. That's not the correct way to think.
Caffeine wrote:Hey! Do we have respect on the world stage now?!
Sadly respect is built over time. It's not immediate so it'll take some time before you gain a lot of respect back. But this phased pullout is a bad idea I think.
Think of Vietnam. They never won the war, in fact... no-one did. And look how fucked the soldiers who came back are. I think a soldier needs to finish a war that was started. It messes with them otherwise. Alas, my opinion is but one in billions.
Yaz wrote:"It's cool to be an American again"
No... it really isn't. Sorry...
Yaz wrote:this election have given the world a new hope.
Yeah, this bit pisses me off. So the Americans have a new, less-retarded president. I don't see how this gives the entire world hope. That comment is a typical, arrogant American comment. Thinking that because they're a powerful and influential country they are in fact the head of the world? Ignorance in my opinion. And it doesn't really affect everyone else as much as you think.
We're our own fucking countries! We're not under the rule of America! So stop acting like we are! Independence!

That's all I have to say.

Dominion

Post by Dominion » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:16 pm

Yeah, we had a similar article in our English papers...but it did say it was only "a little bit cool"...It's gonna take a while to rebuild up the American reputation.

Obama seems quite popular everywhere....

And I hate to depress matters here, but I wonder how long it will be before someone tries to seriously assissinate him.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

If you agree Aether is a cute kitty, put Mr Huggles in your sig now :3

Yaz

Post by Yaz » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:34 pm

Dom I 'm sure they've hired like 30,000 doubles for him lol. I'd hate to have that job

Aether, you're missing the point. No one really cares about the whole Americans are powerful factor. The hope comes from that HUMANS with a wrecked past can come together and overcome something that people didn't believe was possible. It gives a new light to children that they can be anything they want to be and it gives a light to the people that thought things could never change. . Don't get so caught up in the politics. It's what it does for the moral that matters and THAT is why the effect on certain people is so big. They told him he couldnt and he did, it tells everyone that if you want something GO GET IT.

So lol you can be salty but the effect is bigger than YOU think even if it hasn't touched you personally. And Yeah I agree with what you said to drawer kid, but what can you do lol.

And Yeah Caff, it's gonna take alot of time to rebuild what Bush toredown. Matter of fact lol the guys from the MIddle East lol are skeptical anything is going to change. But Doubt and cynicism is only natural in humans so. No one expects drastic change but Obama himself said this is just the gateway to it. Those things take time as Aether said *sigh*

Caffeine

Post by Caffeine » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:33 pm

Aether wrote:
drawerkid wrote:The first black president is truly a testament to the whole african race
And see... it's comments like this that creates segregation. I don't think of people differently because of the colour of their skin. Good job, the man became president of the most powerful and influential country in the world. But just because he's black doesn't mean this makes him even better. That's not the correct way to think.
I agree that race shouldn't have been a factor in this election, but it was. People who thought there would never be a black president are seeing one within their lifetimes. It's amazing that someone won so overwhelmingly in the face of the racism that does still exist in the US. It's heartening to many people that we don't just elect old white guys. A successful black president might teach some people that there's nothing to fear from people of a different race.
I agree with you in that we shouldn't hold him to a different standard than we would a white president. That's just insulting.

In other words, shush Aether, we're excited.
You can't get rid of me.
Deviantart: here

Excalibur

Post by Excalibur » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:06 pm

Regardless all that matter is we gettin Bush OUT! Hope he go to jail for war crimes.
War crimes? What war crimes?

Also, guys I would be careful who you cheer for, not everyone are who they say they are. I have a feel Obama is like that. At least he's not in offfice 'till 2009...
Hey! Do we have respect on the world stage now?!
I thought you and Aether were Australian...

Haven't you guys heard the rumor about him being friends with terrorists?
No... it really isn't. Sorry...
Yeah, it's cool to be Japanese or Australian.(Random comment.)
And I hate to depress matters here, but I wonder how long it will be before someone tries to seriously assissinate him.
I know.
I agree with you in that we shouldn't hold him to a different standard than we would a white president. That's just insulting.
Yeah? Well I'm not gonna respect him one bit. I'm convinced he's the Anti-Christ.
"I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born." -Ronald Reagan

If you believe the big bang, please consider this http://tiny.cc/QAzgk

kandy_pish

Post by kandy_pish » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:53 pm

you guys heard the rumor about him being friends with terrorists?
they were more associates than friends from what i heard

fuk the KKK!

Well I'm not gonna respect him one bit. I'm convinced he's the Anti-Christ.
why is that Excalibur?
Prince of persia ruels!!
http://kandy-me.deviantart.com/