GTA 4

Talk about anything you like

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

Aether
Location: the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear

Post by Aether » Wed May 07, 2008 8:15 am

O_O Wow RTS.
I don't think I'm an expert, and yes I know how hard it is to do crap like that. But it still is seriously the same game with a few extra bits. I never made a pass at you or anything RTS, so why the hell would you jump down my throat like that?
So my choice of words weren't optimum, who cares? If you don't like my views on GTA then don't read my posts. It's as simple as that. We are all human after all.

The Raging Spaniard
Awsome Moderator

Post by The Raging Spaniard » Wed May 07, 2008 4:06 pm

You keep doing it, you think GTA 4 is the same game with a few extra bits? Damn son, you're just plain ignorant, and the reason why I bring it up is because this way you'll learn something, hopefully. To not talk shit about things you don't know about.

A game like GTA is made of hundreds of people working for over 10 hours a day for the better part of 3 years, do you even start to UNDERSTAND how much work that is? The graphics in the game, do you know how hard and how innovative it is to have that much level of detail and that many objects on screen in a live streaming world with no loading? Do you know the difficulties of implementing such a detailed car damage model, or how to implement all the new minigames, or the new missions, or the physics/cloth system that was never there before?, etc , etc. And this is just the tip of the iceberg, hell I'm not even talking about the cellphone implementation as a storytelling device or all the new online multiplayer stuff.

You coming in here and say stupid shit as if you're trying to pass as some kind of knowledgeable person just makes it insulting for all the people that do this for a living.

And painfully, I can't ignore your posts, I'm a mod you dummie. Its my job here not to ignore your posts.
Xavier Garcia

Concept Artist

Portfolio
Twitter
Tumblr

Dustin C.
Jounin Moderator

Post by Dustin C. » Wed May 07, 2008 4:14 pm

is legend of zelda the same game? no. sure they use a similar gameplay engine, but its not the same.

is every FirstPersonShooter game the same? no. even though you experience the same shoot-em-up thing.

and besides, wouldnt you want to play with other people around the world?

Aether

Post by Aether » Thu May 08, 2008 11:41 pm

I guess you guys are right. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. And I never wanted to come across as some total knowledgable person, I just wanted to express my opinion. Sorry. -_-

bloodyspasm

Post by bloodyspasm » Tue May 13, 2008 9:54 am

am I really the only person in the world with a dislike for the GTA games?

everyone always keeps praising them... I've played, or seen people palying the majority of the ps2 GTA's, but I can honestly say that they don't appeal to me at all...

the entire game always feels like a giant demo to me, I just mess around a bit here and there, and eventually walk away from it...

this one does appeal to me a bit more, if only for the online aspect and the great visuals...

(btw, now playing okami, like everyone here advised me to. great game! absolutely love it!)

other games anyone with a ps2 should try that I've found in the bargin bin: Rogue galaxy & psychonauts :wink:

dynastysat

Post by dynastysat » Tue May 13, 2008 3:40 pm

I don't no fuck about games (yet), but GTA 4 sure looks great. Can't wait to play it!
farts

t1

Post by t1 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:50 am

yall cant be serious, gta 4 is the best game out mater of fact im on the last mission where you have to .....

SPOILER
kill demitri because he kills kate at romans wedding for all my gta lovin' brothers out there

Kitsune

Post by Kitsune » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:55 pm

i like GTA 4, but i also dont like it as its all anyone goes on about (i work in a game shop) and uk stockist suck the big one , we never get anything here til six months after everyone else gets them and then we get like two copies for the entire country :evil:

argh sorry off topic. I really like the choices elemnt in the new gta it gives it that little more freedom in the main story. Awesome
I Think Exalibur is an Idiot

Aether

Post by Aether » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:58 pm

And us Australians don't get anything until 6 months after -you- guys... It's lame. They should do global releases.

The Raging Spaniard
Awsome Moderator

Post by The Raging Spaniard » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:00 pm

t1 wrote:yall cant be serious, gta 4 is the best game out mater of fact im on the last mission where you have to .....

SPOILER
k... for all my gta lovin' brothers out there
Great, thanks (HINT: THAT TEXT WAS STILL TOO BIG YOU GODDAMN ASSHOLE)
Xavier Garcia

Concept Artist

Portfolio
Twitter
Tumblr

Kitsune

Post by Kitsune » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:22 pm

Aether wrote:And us Australians don't get anything until 6 months after -you- guys... It's lame. They should do global releases.
they do do (argh i hate it when you have to use the same word twice) Global releases if they think the game is big enough MGS4 is _supposed_ to be a global release i dunno if it will end up being one though UK date is 27th June.

I used to live in Australia, in fact i was born there and tbh i'd rather still be there than in Manchester *rolls eyes* Even if it did mean an even longer wait for game releases
I Think Exalibur is an Idiot

Raptoe
Moderator, the cruel one

Post by Raptoe » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:02 pm

I still need to buy a PS3 for this shit.. :/

Az

Post by Az » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:36 am

I got it on 360 a few months ago. It's funny because the main character speaks my native tongue so badly.

Anyway, the game is crazy. I was standing and buying a hot dog when this fucking truck came crashing towards me through the picket fence I was facing, missing me by like an inch - as I turned around to see just what the fuck was going on this guy started going at me with his shotgun.
HOLY SHIT I LOVE THIS GAME

also isn't there like a spoiler bbcode?
[spoiler]trs has boobies[/spoiler]
whoop I guess not
lululu luk @ me im on the internets

Dominion

Post by Dominion » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:18 am

Personally, I wasn't too keen on this game :S

I never really liked the GTA games, but even so, I still have to say that this one is by far the best of them.

It has some really cute quirky little features and I like being able to use the mobile phone and the funny little shows on the television. The mini games like the darts and bowling are fun as well and makes the game more realistic, especially features like where you have to take people on dates. It's kinda half like a social sim in a way.

I still think the feel of the game is pretty samey, but these days it's impossible to come up with something totally new. It's certainly a good improvement on the other games though and Niko is just so adorable <3

R0B3R7

Post by R0B3R7 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:18 pm

this might sound dumb, but what does GTA stand for? :oops:
dA
“Getting ahead...requires avid faith in yourself. ...Some people with mediocre talent, but with great inner drive, go so much further than people with vastly superior talent.” -Sophia Loren