Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

rabid panda

GTA 4

Post by rabid panda » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:57 pm

fucking a its almost here. finally i can live the life i was always meant to

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:46 am

If only I had one of the systems to play it on. A little extra free time would also be great. :?

Dustin C.
Jounin Moderator

Post by Dustin C. » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:43 pm

i cant wait for mario kart! =D

no, seriously, i cant. >.>

major banana

Post by major banana » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:23 pm

Make a pc version please, i don't want to buy a stupid console to play it (only the controller).

I hope they made the 'world' AI better. I mean gta sa was kinda fun but i got tired of everything very quick (with the exception of mount chiliad). Cars don't crash very nice, the police is dumb and easy to evade. I haven't seen a game with decent 'thrilling' police chases since gta2, driver and nfs hot pursuit. Which is sad.

jony91

Re: GTA 4

Post by jony91 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:05 pm

rabid panda wrote:fucking a its almost here. finally i can live the life i was always meant to
Typical loser who doesnt know anything about videogames and just buys games because society tells him to.

Jamz

Post by Jamz » Thu May 01, 2008 12:54 am

jony91 wrote:
rabid panda wrote:fucking a its almost here. finally i can live the life i was always meant to
Typical loser who doesnt know anything about videogames and just buys games because society tells him to.
Typical nonconformists that believes everything society tells you to do is a lie with the soul perspose to oppress the masses from creativety and freewill.

The high sells for GTA could never be because people enjoy the games made by rockstar. Thats just plan crazy talk!
I use to have like 1500 posts T_T.......crap i need a life

Zephio
MWS moderator

Post by Zephio » Thu May 01, 2008 2:45 am

Or it's because the game flippin' rocks.

I can't wait. What system is it on again?

rabid panda

Post by rabid panda » Thu May 01, 2008 5:06 am

jony91 wrote:
you are a fucking idiot.

monkey

Post by monkey » Fri May 02, 2008 10:28 am

uh i still havent finished the others and it was a long time ago since i last played. a day should have more hours :/

Aether
Location: the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear

Post by Aether » Tue May 06, 2008 1:40 pm

Yeah GTA is cool and all. But it kinda isn't at the same time. So they implemented a cover system for it, big deal. They just chucked in some Gears of War cover systems to appeal to FPS cover finding fanatics. It's still the exact same game as all the others. Run around, run people over, commit crimes. As much as that's cool it's just so monotonous and plain.

Now good games. Saw some previews for a game called WET today. Looks awesome. Look it up. You guys should try some games with substance once in a while.

[I know GTA isn't anything like Gears of War, but I couldn't think of anything else to compare it to.]

And guys... jesus... you don't have to get your shorts in a bunch because someone likes a games you don't... and vica versa.

konflikti

Post by konflikti » Tue May 06, 2008 4:24 pm

If you can't find substance in GTA it's pretty much your own fault. It is a sandbox game after all.

Not that there were much games with substance these days. I still kinda hope that Bethesda doesn't screw up Fallout 3, although it seems that it will never be nearly as great as the first two parts were.
Why don't we share a solitude? Let's travel alone, together.

Dustin C.
Jounin Moderator

Post by Dustin C. » Tue May 06, 2008 4:51 pm

i'm looking forward to TRS' "Littlest Pet Shop" game he's workin on. :D
http://www.ragingspaniard.com/2008/02/n ... unced.html

The Raging Spaniard
Awsome Moderator

Post by The Raging Spaniard » Tue May 06, 2008 7:08 pm

I barely did work on that (concept art at the early stage), my wife is doing a ton of work on it though.
Xavier Garcia

Concept Artist

Portfolio
Twitter
Tumblr

rabid panda

Post by rabid panda » Tue May 06, 2008 8:29 pm

no i didnt call him an idiot because he doesnt like a game i do. i called him that because he made an ignorant judgement of me because i like the game. that makes him an idiot.

The Raging Spaniard
Awsome Moderator

Post by The Raging Spaniard » Tue May 06, 2008 8:50 pm

Aether wrote:Yeah GTA is cool and all. But it kinda isn't at the same time. So they implemented a cover system for it, big deal. They just chucked in some Gears of War cover systems to appeal to FPS cover finding fanatics. It's still the exact same game as all the others. Run around, run people over, commit crimes. As much as that's cool it's just so monotonous and plain.

Now good games. Saw some previews for a game called WET today. Looks awesome. Look it up. You guys should try some games with substance once in a while.

[I know GTA isn't anything like Gears of War, but I couldn't think of anything else to compare it to.]
Congrats, you just proved you don't know anything about how videogames are made. You dont "chuck in" cover systems, if that shit was easy at all to make, dont you think youd see more of it?

Fucking kids thinking game mechanics are just copy and paste jobs ... Thats ther problem with videogame fans, they think that theyre all experts for some fucking reason.

Anyways, rant over, GTA 4 is a great game, thats a fact (although from what I hear, Rockstar is not a good studio to work in), move on.
Xavier Garcia

Concept Artist

Portfolio
Twitter
Tumblr