Newbie Thread -> introduce yourself

Talk about anything you like

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

Grgur

Re: Newbie Thread -> introduce yourself

Post by Grgur » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:31 am

Oh to be a newbie...
Let's see, I'm 21, English (there will be sarcasm) and I have held practically every job that you can imagine without a migraine kicking in, currently working in a funeral home.
Studying my degree in natural sciences, namely because I'm one of those guys that never gave up on making a zombie army and virology seems the most likely method.
I've been writing since I was about 8 years old, and have the drawing skills of that age even now. I'm a major otaku, and damn proud of it, to most of my friends dismay. Most of my work is put into script form for plays (part of a theatre group too) so I feel pretty confident about storyboarding...Hopefully can get something going with a few artists here even perhaps xD

MrFate

Post by MrFate » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:30 pm

Hello, everyone :)

My name is Dan, and I'm just a restless 17 year old. I love creating music, writing stories, and finding new things to learn. One of my dreams is to make a manga, but my drawing skills are sub-par. Hopefully, I can find someone who is willing to work with me (to form a real-life bakuman lol). In my spare time, I like finding new bands, discussing politics and philosophy, and watching good shows/anime. Oh, and I would like to meet some new people!

Aero

Post by Aero » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:43 am

Hi everyone I'm new to this website. I've been interested in Manga/anime/ drawing/writing in general for a "while". I do try to draw every now and then but i'm NO professional, I also write ideas for what might be a story. So busy with school I don't really have much time but when I do drawing / writing is my second life xD. Um.. Anyway that's all folks, I don't know when I'll be posting any drawing but hopefully I get some reviews ;3. This place looks very small I think it's a decent place to start, I have my deviantart but... I don't really like to post because it confuse the h@ll out of me. :mrgreen:

Smartryk_Foster

Post by Smartryk_Foster » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am

Hello!

I'm Smartryk Foster. :D

My drawing skills... I'm a copy artist, by nature. I still need to learn how to draw the body, shading and perspective...

Anyway, I'm on this site to look for an artist for a dramatized manga production!

syapa

Post by syapa » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:42 pm

hello all i am new here
Last edited by syapa on Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:59 am, edited 4 times in total.

RinKoru

Post by RinKoru » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:35 pm

I come in peace!

I'm new here, so I wanted to say hi!

I'm posting mostly on deviantart so please feel free tocheck it out!

http://rinkoru.deviantart.com/

*waves*

-Rin Koru

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:19 pm

Nice to meet you. Have fun on the boards. It gets a little quiet here at times, but everyone is friendly once you get to know them. ^_^

lawrence27

Post by lawrence27 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:21 am

GREETINGS :D
I'm Lawrence, the first time I was introduced to manga, I was very interested, I always wanted to make one, but i never had a chance. Im a noob in making a manga so i am hoping i meet a lot of friends, critiques and artist here that are willing to give me advice in making a manga. nice to meet you guys =D
I'll try to upload some of my works and sketches. thanks :D

Zephio
MWS moderator

Post by Zephio » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:41 pm

Welcome!
Feel free to post your stuff on either the main site or the forums for some critiques and comments to help you improve.
:D

Tori

Post by Tori » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:57 pm

Hi I'm Tori, I'm an artist and a writer but I don't really have a fake area I just do a bit of everything. Right now I'm working on developing my own manga style!

Tatsuya_Hitomi

Post by Tatsuya_Hitomi » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:45 pm

Hi people my name is Tatsuya Hitomi but my friends call suya for short...anyway im new here but im working hard to become a manga-ka but im really looking for a manga artist cause im much of a writer but im still a good artist but im a slow at drawing :( but im working on becoming faster [-o< wish me luck. :arrow:
Attachments
Yotie.jpg
This Yotie from Nabari no ou
Yotie.jpg (99.53 KiB) Viewed 12372 times

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:27 am

Nice to meet you, Suya. It's great to see you have art work and it would be nice to see more. Please create a thread in the Artists section and post most of your stuff there. ^_^

xristie9

Post by xristie9 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:49 pm

Hello,

I come from Slovakia, I am a huge manga fan for years. I like to draw, but I never have the patience to write a scenario, so I never realy finished any of my work. I do not have the free time drawing requires either, so it is just a good hobby for hollydays.

This is my first time writing in a manga forum, I hope I can find some encouragement and fun here.

Nice to meet you!

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:24 pm

Welcome to MangaWorkshop, xristie9. We hope that you have fun posting on here as well and we'll do our best to help you out in any way we can.

See you on the forums! (^_^)/

Zephio
MWS moderator

Post by Zephio » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:10 pm

Welcome!!
I hope you find the time to post some of your work on the forums here. Everyone on here loves to see new work posted, and we're all dedicated to helping artists improve their work.

Hope to see you around!