Newbie Thread -> introduce yourself

Talk about anything you like

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

Lux_Nero

Hello! Lux-Nero Here!

Post by Lux_Nero » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:53 am

Hey there!

I'm new to the site, and so, I decided to say hello!

I'm a fanfiction writer who's currently working on a manga - Both script and drawing, and so, I wanted to come here to get some help to improve myself as an artist.

So... Yeah. Hello.

Axegrinder90

Post by Axegrinder90 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:09 pm

Hello all

I'm Axegrinder90

In Grind I Crust

I'm a writer and a musician and I'm currently attempting to develop my first Manga in a series I dubbed "Procyon: Eco-Wars"

So yeah. Hi.
I Hate Your Balls.

TJrock95

Post by TJrock95 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:25 pm

hello forum!

I'm ThomasvH and i'm a newbie!
well.. to the drawing part.

i'm obsessed by anime's for 2yr now and i'd very much like to learn how to draw it.

soo.. anyone has some advice on how to start my journey?
(i'm not that bad at art but manga is new to me)

-Thomas v. H. Holland

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:20 am

Welcome. ^_^

If you wish to get advice, the best thing to do is post up some of your work in the Art Talk section and let everyone give you critiques. That way you can get very accurate advice on what you need to improve.

Good luck and have fun.

TJrock95

Post by TJrock95 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:56 pm

Ceta wrote:Welcome. ^_^

If you wish to get advice, the best thing to do is post up some of your work in the Art Talk section and let everyone give you critiques. That way you can get very accurate advice on what you need to improve.

Good luck and have fun.
will do!
btw.. your profile pic made my day hahaha

BourbonBlues

Re: Newbie Thread -> introduce yourself

Post by BourbonBlues » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:06 pm

Hi all,

I'm from Toronto, and I'm trying to teach myself to write and draw manga-style.

Cheers,

Trev

rabid panda

Post by rabid panda » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:26 pm

Welcome Bourbon

Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Azza0ps

Post by Azza0ps » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:39 pm

Hello to all you future mangakas,

My name is Azza0ps. I'm currently in the uk and working on a story line for my manga, all i just need is to find an artist and maybe get a roll.

I am a of course, a fan of manga and anime, my favorite ones are Naruto, DBZ, Bakuman and Soul eater.

right now i'm trying to get to grips with the basics of drawing manga, but thats going to be difficult as i'm doing my GCSEs at the moment.

Til ze nxt time
Azza0ps

major banana

Post by major banana » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:10 pm

sup welcome

Nakimon

Post by Nakimon » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:10 am

Yo ho,
Just stopping by to say hello to everyone! :D
Over and out ;D

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:03 pm

Welcome, everyone. ^_^

SUUUPPPAAA

Post by SUUUPPPAAA » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:36 am

Hello!! My name's Jesse, hoping to become a Mangaka in the future, but I'd guess we all are haha. I hope to get some good critique and look at some amazing art and find more rivals to motivate myself haha. Nice to meet everyone!! Oh and can someone tell me where it's ok to post my whole idea art and all to get some feedback? Thanks! :3

Zac Efron

Post by Zac Efron » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:28 pm

How-zit People! Newbie on the forum here! Nice to meet all...trust I will find advise and useful stuff to finally make some progress online with a stable income.. heck any sort of income would be sweet at this stage!!! At the moment I am sorting out the loads of downloaded stuff on my hard drive to decide what to start with. Information overload got me by the nuts - now its time to crunch and actually get something done! I am sure I might have something useful to members in my pile - will have a look....at the vary least I should tickle some newbies fancy...To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater.

Kojiro Highwind

Post by Kojiro Highwind » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:39 pm

Hi there! Just a wanderer of the internet, trying to find a new forum to settle down in. I tend to wander back to this other forum im trying to stay away from when i get bored but im not getting much from that place anymore.

I figure since im trying to become a manga artist, i should try to hang around a place like this more.

Strangely enough it turns out that I already had an account here that was made about 2 months ago but I don't remember ever coming here o.o....

Anyway I think I have the skills to become a professional artist.... but my main problem is discovering ideas to make a story with. I think part of my creativity been shot to death from making picture after picture of commission work using real dull ideas from customers |D. I use to have lots of ideas before I started doing commission work 6 years ago. I hope to find something here to respark my creative drive. Maybe also make some new friends.... and rivals XD

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:17 pm

Welcome to the most laid-back and relaxed forum you'll find on the internet. We're so laid back here that sometimes it takes a couple days to get a reply. :lol:

All joking aside, most members are pretty busy with work of their own, but do their best to contribute whenever they can. So, if you post something, please don't feel discouraged if someone isn't able to respond quickly. You'll definitely get a response; it may just take a day or two.

Anyway, have fun posting. There hasn't been a whole lot going on art-wise as of late (I'm very grateful to those who have been, though) so I, and I'm sure everyone else as well, look forward to seeing what you put up. ^_^