Newbie Thread -> introduce yourself

Talk about anything you like

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:23 am

Many/most of the members here have full-time jobs, so activity tends to be rather low at times. If you post your works, however, those who are active will do their best to help you out. (As a tip, be sure to let everyone know what kind of critique you're looking for. The more we know, the better we can help you out.)

Sedystra wrote:I'll probably start posting more when my 14-hour days end. @_@
I know how you feel. D:

gatrosk

Post by gatrosk » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:11 am

Welcome! And yeah school and work take up most of my time too.
Fate rarely calls upon us at the moment of our choosing. - Optimus Prime

BlueHeartShinigami

Post by BlueHeartShinigami » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:35 pm

Well, it seems that this thread has already gone through quite a bit of length. I'm not even sure if anyone will see my introduction but here goes nothing.

My name is ..., well it's obvious if you look in the left hand corner lol. Like everyone here, I love anime and manga more than most things in life. Most things, to be clear lol. My other interests in life include cooking, drawing * which is my primary talent *, video games and martial arts. I think I should note that my love of anime/manga stemmed from my passion for martial arts itself. That said, I enjoy titles such as Dragon Ball, Fist Of The North Star, Hajime No Ippo, etc.

Becoming a manga artist and a game designer is my dream and if I don't say so myself, I'm a very good illustrator but I still have alot to learn. Right now, I'm working with the small Philadelphia based entertainment group that goes by the name of http://j1studios.com but before I post my work for these guys, I want to be sure that it's of top quality. So I've browsed Google and happened to find Mangaworkshop.

Anyway, that's about it. I hope to make plenty of friends * and possible connections * as well as learn new techniques for drawing. Nice to meet you :)

R0B3R7

Post by R0B3R7 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:35 am

Welcome to the forum!
Don't hesitate to jump right in with the actual art section.
Also, I'd like to point out that a few of us (but definately not all) have become very non-manga-ish in our art style, but we all LOVE art. So that shouldn't change how we can help you and vice versa. :)
dA
“Getting ahead...requires avid faith in yourself. ...Some people with mediocre talent, but with great inner drive, go so much further than people with vastly superior talent.” -Sophia Loren

Sedystra

Post by Sedystra » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:09 pm

Herro~ =3
"until he was die but was not until the assassin was die before him/his death that was dead." -Isamu

larlock
Location: in the bushes behind ur house ...... stop with the flashlight already

Post by larlock » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:10 am

Hey everyone, i am basically new to mws but ive posted something from a long time ago so i have been a non-active member for quite some time and so it is now tht i formally introduce myself. My name is larlock1 which u can clearly see, my hobbies are drawing, programming computer games and software, singing, reading, writing, graphic designing and some other stuff im just telling u about the main ones tho anyways i live in jamaica and i love manga and anime and i would love to draw accordingly but it seems every artist has to discover his or her style of drawing and so here i am.
Lol at your sig while i lmao at your avy....u suck

faltzar2

Post by faltzar2 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:43 pm

Mai name's Faltzar2, I guess.
I like music, writing, and drawing. I am new here, and have recently gotten a drawing tablet. I really have nothing else to say, so...

major banana

Post by major banana » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:26 am

sup

ngluvjj

Post by ngluvjj » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:29 am

hi :D
I'm really excited to be here :D
I'm angie, 15 y.o.
frm bali
like ~ drawing, cooking, all kinds of music esp J-POP & K-POP

nice to meet u all :)

Brightneon

Hello I am Brightneon

Post by Brightneon » Mon May 02, 2011 3:57 pm

I am writer, very poor drawing skills and slightly only better at "digital" artwork. Looking to learn, get direction to resources on writing, outlining, storyboarding and art guildlines and other steps in manga production.

animegirl19

Re: Hello I am Brightneon

Post by animegirl19 » Tue May 03, 2011 3:45 am

[quote="Brightneon"]I am writer, very poor drawing skills and slightly only better at "digital" artwork. Looking to learn, get direction to resources on writing, outlining, storyboarding and art guildlines and other steps in manga production.[/quote]

Brightneon we are in the exact same position. I am writer, but I have no drawing skills whatsoever. I can help you out if you need any writing and the outlining!

animegirl19

Post by animegirl19 » Tue May 03, 2011 3:49 am

I guess I should have come into this thread first. I just had recently discovered this site, and I think it is great. I have been creating my own anime, and I just love the feeling I get when I am working on it. I really enjoy creating the story, the characters, and plots! It comes easy to me. Drawing on the other hand not so much. I still have a lot of work to go, but I will hopefully get my anime published one day!

Litt

Another Introduction

Post by Litt » Thu May 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Hello, my username is Litt as you can see to the left but my real name is Jason, call me whichever you'd like. So here's some quick info.

Name: Litt (Jason)
Interests: Most likely manga and anime which had originally brought me here.

So I'm a fan of manga as you can probably guess and like all, or at least most, fans I've had this thought of creating my own piece. I'm a writer, obviously not pro and I think I'm still trying to get to amateur. I've tried both hands are drawing and both have failed so I've kept to writing. There's not much else I can tell you that you won't figure out with time as I post here.

Thanks for reading.

rabid panda

Post by rabid panda » Fri May 13, 2011 7:09 pm

wasabi jason. welcome

bonnsaka

Post by bonnsaka » Fri May 20, 2011 7:38 pm

Hello,

I became acquainted with anime and manga only within the last few years and I’m likely unsophisticated and inexperienced in contrast with many of you. I’ve been writing fanfiction for my private enjoyment but recently realized it no longer satisfied me and after consideration, decided to try writing original work.

I look forward to learning from all of you and helping others. I’ll post up a plot I’m toying with on the Writing board. I hope that you’ll take a look at it and feed back your constructive (read: tactful, justifiable, thoughtful) criticism. I thrive on constructive criticism as I sincerely want to strengthen my writing skills, stretch the limits of my creativity, and perhaps one day write for someone’s art with an eye toward publication.

Thank you for your time.