Newbie Thread -> introduce yourself

Talk about anything you like

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

Kawaii Dejiko

Post by Kawaii Dejiko » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:47 pm

Not exactly new, but someone hijacked my old nick (Dejiko) when the new forum was installed. Do not be confused, I'm the genuine article :D

Dustin C.
Jounin Moderator

Post by Dustin C. » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:48 am

welcome back!

Az

Post by Az » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:12 pm

Yeah, welcome back! ^__^
lululu luk @ me im on the internets

FirstBorn
The Big Cheese

Post by FirstBorn » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:57 am

Welcome back, Leon!

nightwind

Post by nightwind » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:16 am

Have fun!!!!
Go! Go! Banana's! wO.Ot

Virage

Post by Virage » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:44 am

Hey, names Virage as in (Ver-ahj) but I'm new to Mangaworkshop as well as these forums. I was actually looking for a place to find manga reference material and just happened to happen upon this site in the process. I've never really drawn manga, but I will do fan art for different animes...and if I see a really good picture, like an anime kodak moment, I'll redraw it for fun. But anyway, my forte (at least I think so...I hope anyway) is writing. When I get writer's block I switch to artwork, and vice versa. The point is, I want to learn to how to do manga style artwork and not just single framed pictures. So, at the moment I'm in the process of looking for a manga style to adopt...or several to blend together.

The idea behind Mangaworkshop looks great and I can't wait to get involved. I'll try my best to pop in as many times as I can. In the meantime, does anyone know where I can view lots of different manga styles without having to go through too much trouble? Any suggestions would be of great help.

Thanks again, and my apologies for taking up your time.

Virage

Post by Virage » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:54 am

It just occured to me how bad an introduction that was. It was more like me begging about how I really wanted to draw manga. So...
<-------I love that the most.
I like pizza, writing, drawing, and long walks on the beach. I like watching animes and I've never actually picked up a manga and read one.
*expecting gasps and blank stares from readers*
Sorry...I swear I'll read them more often.

My favorite animes/manga types are romance-comedy, comedy-scifi, mecha, comedy-fantasy, and comedy. I like to laugh, but I will also watch a little bit of everything, except ones with gore...not a big fan of the gore. Though I have seen Elfen Lied *trembles*
Oh, and I love to see SD and chibi in manga and art. Teardrops, lines, veins and that whole range of tiny big-headed artwork with various facial expressions.

konflikti

Post by konflikti » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:31 am

Welcome abroad. Good places for different styles to see are imageboards for example. http://www.4chan.org and http://www.iichan.net are probably the most popular english boards. Just watch which area you are browsing if you are of the faint of heart. Alternative hentai, Random and stuff like that might be fearsome. ;)
Why don't we share a solitude? Let's travel alone, together.

FirstBorn
The Big Cheese

Post by FirstBorn » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:29 am

Welcome aboard Virage!

noni

Post by noni » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:51 am

Wow! So many things to read through!!

Well I will start by posting here and saying Hello, my name is Noni! I signed up at mangaworkshop about...five minutes ago now, and am already enjoying it! I found this website through a book called "Digital Manga". :)
I'm especially interested in a community website after my experiences with devart... I don't like that much....

I'm 20 years old, studying nanotechnology at university, live in South Australia, I'm married and work part-time in a petrol station as well... lessee... I love anime and manga, especially cute or funny stuff!
Other interests include cooking, especially savouries, and reading sci-fi novels. What else? I don't really have a favourite music (I like them all!! ^^) ... Well, if there's anyhting you want to know about me just ask!
:)

FirstBorn
The Big Cheese

Post by FirstBorn » Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:06 am

noni wrote:I found this website through a book called "Digital Manga". :)
Yes! The writer of the book emailed me about it. I really want to get my hands on a copy of that. It's always nice to see people write about you. ^^ Anyway, welcome aboard! ^^

Dustin C.
Jounin Moderator

Post by Dustin C. » Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:40 pm

wlecome and have fun here virage and noni!

nightwind

Post by nightwind » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:08 pm

hallow and welcome!!!
Go! Go! Banana's! wO.Ot

noni

Post by noni » Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:05 am

Yay, I feel welcomed! *warm and fuzzy*

the book is pretty good, and was much cheaper than the other books I've acquired on the same topic :D I recommend it ^_^

Az

Post by Az » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:20 am

Welcome, Virage and noni ^___^ enjoy your stay:D
lululu luk @ me im on the internets