Newbie Thread -> introduce yourself

Talk about anything you like

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

gatrosk

Post by gatrosk » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:34 pm

Yeah, you wont get any of that here. People here are very honest. We'll all tell you exactly what we think of your work. I mean, that's the only way any of us will get better right?
Fate rarely calls upon us at the moment of our choosing. - Optimus Prime

lalulweeb914

Post by lalulweeb914 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:56 pm

Yeah, you sure are right about that... i think I'll probably post some of my stuff soon... but I can't register for the main website (html is still broken) so I guess i'd have to start a new forum, wouldn't I?

gatrosk

Post by gatrosk » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:28 pm

Yeah, just start your own thread. That's where most people post their work anyway.

lalulweeb914

Post by lalulweeb914 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:58 pm

OK then I will, thanks a bunch.

R0B3R7

Post by R0B3R7 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:34 pm

Welcome to MWS! And you should get more feedback here than at the front anyway. ;)
dA
“Getting ahead...requires avid faith in yourself. ...Some people with mediocre talent, but with great inner drive, go so much further than people with vastly superior talent.” -Sophia Loren

lambda11

Post by lambda11 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:20 am

Well, what should I say? I found this site after randomly searching Google and I hope I'm too late to the party :/ but yeah anyway... My interwebz name is Lambda11 (kudos to those who know where thats from) and I wandered in here because I love to draw and I love comics/manga. I decided not to post until I've lurked a little and I think I've done enough.

A little about me, well I'm 19 and I live in a dorm, I've never had any formal art lessons but I've always loved drawing. Long story short, it started one day in elementary when I got bored of the teacher ranting and just started doodling. I didn't get into Anime and Manga until recently but I enjoy it along with the old school comics I grew up with (I absolutely love Marvel).

What else, I love fighting games, I play competitively and I'm a huge gamer. My musical and artistic sides go hand in hand, meaning I usually get ideas for stories and what to draw based on the song I'm listening to. And I'm no professional, I draw mainly to kill time but the more I do it the more I get into it and I want to learn.

Anyway, I hope all of you won't mind dealing with my shenanigans, but yeah, nice to meet you all.

:)

Hopefully that wasn't tl;dr

gatrosk

Post by gatrosk » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:37 pm

Welcome to MWS lamby! :D

R0B3R7

Post by R0B3R7 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:10 am

Welcome welcome...
dA
“Getting ahead...requires avid faith in yourself. ...Some people with mediocre talent, but with great inner drive, go so much further than people with vastly superior talent.” -Sophia Loren

Joybringa

Another Noob ^^

Post by Joybringa » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:41 pm

Hey there!, just thought I would take the time to say hello to you all and introduce myself a bit,

Im 23 and have become more and more interested in manga over the years that I now wanna try and give it a go myself just to say I tried if for no other reason :lol: Im not the greatest at drawing in the world by a whole nine yards and then some but so long as I have fun going at it then I dont mind. I've been wanting to find a site like this for some time now and was beginning to think no such place for me existed but alas at last I have found it and I look forward to being here and looking/ learning and getting to you y'all! :D

Sedystra

Post by Sedystra » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:25 am

Herro~ =3
"until he was die but was not until the assassin was die before him/his death that was dead." -Isamu

R0B3R7

Post by R0B3R7 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:37 am

Hello. Welcome to the forum.
dA

Zephio
MWS moderator

Post by Zephio » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:39 pm

Welcome Joybringa!
Feel free to post some works of yours up if you want some advice and critiques for improvement.

Joybringa

Post by Joybringa » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:19 pm

Thankyou its good to be here!

Ive been thinking about posting and such for helpful hints but I dont have a scanner or such atm so it will have to wait till then lol or untill i can take some pics.

Joybringa

Post by Joybringa » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:00 pm

Hey I have just been browsing the forums seeking to lurk and siphon of peoples talents in a bid to re-create myself as some kind of uber talented drawer revered throughtout the seven known worlds...when I realised that this site isnt as busy as it seems lol.

I would starve waiting to siphon so I must kick my asse into gear and get developing...just wondering though it is active here right? :?

Sedystra

Post by Sedystra » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:32 pm

It's sort of alive.

I'll probably start posting more when my 14-hour days end. @_@
"until he was die but was not until the assassin was die before him/his death that was dead." -Isamu